By registering and participating in the Rings of Honor (RoH) Forums you agree to the following code of conduct. If you are unable to agree you have the right not to participate in these forums at any time. All postings in the public forums are just that, public. This means they can be read by anyone with an internet connection. People do not have to be a registered member of RoH to read any of the public folder posts.
This is YOUR community. Most people have a common sense feel for what is and what is not appropriate in our forums and folks generally do a great job of policing yourselves. We do, however, need to have a few set policies for everyone to refer to when the need arises.
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or web-master (except for posts by these people) and they will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated material or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing any of these may lead to you being temporarily or permanently banned from these forums (and your service provider may also be informed).
Posts which violate any part of this Code of Conduct may be edited or moved to a special holding area called the "Holding Tank." Posts in the Holding Tank are only visible to staff members.
If you were to continue to break this code of conduct your account would be reviewed and you could be banned. It is the sole discretion of the forum administrators to suspend or ban violating accounts. Accounts will not be deleted, although they may be de-activated and email addresses/passwords may be removed from accounts or changed to prevent reactivation.
The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit following the guidelines outlined below. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and/or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy.
- Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
- Respect the forum staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently. We will occasionally ask for input, but in some cases we will not, please respect our decisions. Also, we may edit for content, if you have an issue with our moderation, please submit a request via the Contact Us page.
- Respect each other's privacy. Don't post personal information about someone else without their permission, including real name, home town, occupation, gender, other screen names, etc.
- Profanity: Remember that the forums are used by people of all age groups and of all tolerance levels regarding profanity usage. When in the OOC areas of the forums, please try to keep your language polite and courteous and refrain from the usage of profanities. In the participant-moderated story/role-play forums, mild profanity/swearing is allowed in the context of general speech. Explicit profanity/swearing is not allowed, and under no circumstances will we allow any profanity to be directed toward another person. A language filter maybe be in place to catch any profanities that you may have accidentally used. Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter by using variations or slight misspellings of profanities.
- Forum Threads and Flaming:
If a post or thread contains spam (unsolicited advertising) it will be moved to the forum Holding Tank and the poster may be banned. Active users in good standing are allowed to have links to personal sites in their signatures, in their profile, and may post them in threads on occasion (just not often, please) as long as the content of those links does not include abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated material or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
The general guideline is to keep content within the bounds of a PG-13 movie, or what you would see on prime-time, network TV. However we also recognize the need to allow our adult participants a more mature level of creative expression. Forum threads may occasionally be published that touch on more mature themes and topics. In order to aid readers who may find these materials unsuitable, all threads that may contain questionable content must be marked with "[NSFW]" at the beginning of the post title. NSFW has become an accepted tag when posting in interactive discussion areas as a note that the following content is "Not Safe For Work". We feel this well known tag is an easy to use method that will fore-warn readers about the content of a thread.
- Flaming and condescending messages: Flames are messages that personally attack, call people names, or otherwise harass another forum member (or any person). These, along with any generally condescending posts will be moved or removed at the moderators discretion.
- If the thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait postings may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion. Any users who continue to post in this manner or engage in other questionable practices, like trolling (posting in an attempt to engage people in arguments) may be subject to more serious sanctions.
- If the thread turns into an argument, it can be locked or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible.
Thread Drifting/Steering: Please keep discussions on topic.
Please remember that these forums are inclusive of ALL people, and we strive to maintain accessibility to everyone.
Please strive to communicate with other users as effectively as possible.
If you have found a post that you feel is inappropriate or that violates the forum code of conduct, please use the Contact Us page and include a link to the post in question. Do not attempt to moderate discussions or correct other users yourself.
The web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum will preserve forum content when possible. However editing, locking and deleting content may be necessary and if so will be done at the discretion of the web-master, administrators and moderators when the forum guidelines have been violated.
- If a thread is found to have questionable content and is not properly tagged as [NSFW], the administration will either notify the original poster to edit their posting to include the tag, or add it at their discretion.
- Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity: Messages containing excessively sexually oriented or violent, images, content, or links to these things will be deleted. Out of Character messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could also result in a ban.