Anthony.. or Tone?

The lives of the infamous Wrecking Crew

Moderators: Ticallion Carter, Myria Graziano, Ria Graziano, Maria Graziano

CaediaThrn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Anthony.. or Tone?

Post by CaediaThrn »

There were very few people that Caedia called friend. At least, very few of those she meant when and if she did say it and few of those that she would go to bat for on her own. She was the type that you usually persuaded to help out and then she would.

The man in the WRC team store however had been one of those friends to her that she'd help out how she could. At least around his store she wouldn't just jump in front of bullet for him but carry boxes or something else? Definitely.

The reason? In season 520 when the WRC store started he had been more than kind in obliging her need to have Kheldar's name on the back of the hoody. Back then they weren't putting names on the hoodies but he had nonetheless done it and given her a more than fair price. She'd been endeared to him ever since then.

So it was on the day she'd gone in to inquire about the possibility of making a duo hoody of CDR and WRC for the fun of it that she noticed his glum state.

"What's up babe?" He'd given her a sad smile and shrugged lightly.

"With 'Anthony' the way he is now, the sales in that area are going down. The sales normally go down this close to the end of the season but I've never seen merchandise so totally ignored. I'm losing money here."

He pointed towards the Tone section that had all sorts of shirts, signed posters and Tony shaped pillows. The problem? They were the old Tone, the hot bad boy everyone wanted to take home. Now that he'd been... transmogrified into some.. thing.. his section of the store was still full. Maria's almost always sold out quickly but Tone and his single self was the highest grossing usually. Caedia wrinkled her nose thoughtfully.

"Mm. I can see why."

He was looking over the schematics for the combined hoody and laughed. "I'll see what I can do for my favorite," he looked up at her and blinked, "what -did- happen to your blonde hair?"

She chuckled a bit. "I'll explain another time, I think I need lunch and some time to think. Toodles! Don't worry.. I'll come up with some kind of campaign or something to help with sales." He laughed at that but rather hopelessly after all, what could the Thorn woman do for him?

It was several weeks later that she strode purposefully back into the shop and placed something down in front of him. He blinked at it.

"Go on! Pick it up!" She had a thermos with her and was looking rather excited. She'd put together and gotten a prototype made to see what he thought. He did pick up the doll and turned it over in his hand.

"I call it, the Amazing Changing Tone!" She said proudly and opened the thermos.

"You see." He still hadn't spoken he was trying to figure this out. "He's all nerdy and whatnot like he usually is, well.. as of late anyway. Then.. you take him home and 'turn him on'." She carefully plucked the Tony doll out of his fingers and dipped the plastic doll into the warm water.

The nerdy exterior of the now familiar Anthony faded and instead of a brightly covered sweater vest over a plaid shirt with pocket protector, he was back to Tone, the man with the black leather jacket, tight shirt and his hair down and out of the slicked back do. The warm water had changed the calculator in his hand to a beer and his pinched smile had changed to a cocky grin. His loose looking nerdy pants changed to some tight jeans and his loafers had changed to some dusty boots.

The shop keeper laughed in delight.

"See! They take him home, sweet talk him and get him in the bath with them and bam! He's the man of their dreams again! Plus it also works for all the women who totally dig this nerdy look."

He was still laughing at the whole thing and it caused Caedia to chuckle a little herself.

"You want I should bring in more?" The Tone doll was beginning to get cool again and part of his 'cool' outfit was beginning to fade to the Anthony style.

The shopkeeper could only nod heartily while still laughing. Caedia grinned some more.

((posted with permission from Tone's player! :D))

Return to “Wrecking Crew”