So, you want to be a Hero?

Moderator: Rakeesh

Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

The Adventurer's Guild, Year Two

Post by Rakeesh »

Rakeesh opened the massive double-doors to the Guildhall for the first time in several weeks. The Liontaur had been trapped in Rhy'Din for a year now, and though he had succeeded in protecting the citizens here where he could, he knew that his Guild do far better than it had in the past.

During his summer-long journey around this realm, he had lost touch with many of the Guildmembers, as well as with what was going on in the city. Now, a few weeks after his return, he was aware of the plights of the city, as well as the location of his friends in the Adventurer's Guild.

A select group had been summoned to return to represent the Guild in the current season of the Team Dueling League, and he would make use of some of the others to investigate the plight of the Dragons. The Champions of Mythos would hopefully draw more honourable adventurer's to the Guild, and allow them to accomplish more.

---*---*---

What worried the old Paladin more than anything, though, was the subtlety and the mysterious nature that Vanion Shadowcast had acted with recently. He was bold - too bold - and the dark elf's current activities seemed to be far scarier than anything experienced before.

And then there were Rakeesh's dreams. Of mountains that turned to demons. Of Mordavia, and Piotyr the Paladin, and Katrina the Dark Master, of Ad Avis, and the Sultan of Shapier, and of Rakeesh's own country... of Tarna, a city-state of massive pyramids and liontaurs and humans and magic.

Something was coming, and even after a year of search, Rakeesh still was no wiser than when he had began. And the only one who may have any clues for him was a butchering religious zealot, with an affinity for the blood of the living.
When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

[OOC: Twitter is the best way to stay in touch. <3]
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

Dimitri opened the doors to the Guildhall and walked in. He looked around the hall quietly then closed the door loudly. Dimitri walked to a empty table and sat down to wait for Rakeesh.
Dimitri Locherin. Azillian guard, former Commander of the Huor Ar-Feiniel Battalion.
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

Silently the dark priestess walked into the Guild. She sensed Dimitri around, but vampires have their own ways of remaining unseen. Walking past the walls she had known for so long, she realized it was time to part... her road was taking her further, following the Lord she has chosen to follow.

However the Guild was still useful. Rhaine grinned slightly. In the end, Rakeesh, Aenlyn and others in their TDL team are good to practice with. She will be staying. Until their paths would turn totally incompatible with hers.

A shadow within shadows, she dissolved, her hand touching the door to Rakeesh's room one last time.
"I will remain, friend-foe"
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

Rakeesh stepped out from within his chambers, rested from his match the night before. He was only slightly surprised to see Dimitri inside the Guild, but it was a happy surprise. It was time for action, and Rakeesh knew exactly what he and Dimitri needed to discuss.

"Effendi, it is an honor to see you again. Come into my chamber, and tell me what it is you have come for.", the low, kind gravel of Rakeesh's voice called out towards the half-elf.

Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

Dimitri smiled at his friend. "Hullo sir." Dimitri stood up and bowed slightly. "I would like to talk to you about the Temple of Divine Light."
Dimitri Locherin. Azillian guard, former Commander of the Huor Ar-Feiniel Battalion.
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

(('twas the night before Christmas...))

It was the second year of the Adventurer's Guild, and the old liontaur, Rakeesh Sah Tarna, had decided once again to embrace the Earthly Christmas Holiday, to inspire and boost morale amongst members of the Adventurer's Guild and The Champions of Mythos. The Captain did not know howmany more years were left in his old bones, but he was very proud of a the Guild which had managed to keep the streets of Dragon's Gate region clean, and do much good amongst the city. The fear of Avoozl and the Dark Times past were snuggled away, hopefully to never return.

In the main hall of the Adventurer's Guild, there was once again a freshwood pine that had been cut down and brought in. It was set into a base that was hand-carved out of balsa in the shape of a heart. A small rug that the liontaur kept in his room was set around the tree. Presents, wrapped in Christmas fashion, were placed on the rug around the tree. Each had a card attached to it, signifying the name of the intended recipient.

To Baron Topaz: Your stalwart defenses of your Barony have allowed Dragon's Gate to not become corrupted by politicians and criminals, and for that you will always have the Adventurer's Guild's support. I have spent long carving this symbol of eternal friendship for you. May you call on myself, or the Guild, if ever you are in a time of need.

*the carving is made from beautiful ash-wood, and depicts a small kitten protectively standing in-front of a curled up lion*

---

To Dimitri Locherin: You have suffered much in the past year, effendi. The Moors to the west are home to some amazing magicks - may sword light your way in the darkness that all must face in life.

*inside is a runed broadsword, that seems to glow when its hilt is touched - it must be magic!*

---

To Maxie Max: I always appreciate your friendship and abuse of my back. May your Christmas be merry and bright.

*inside is a mounting harness for create-back riding, only to be used in VERY special occaisons by Max*

---

To Alhana: Lady, I do not know you - however, I appreciate your aid to our dueling Team. May the scent of these wildflowers bring joy to you.

*a dozen beautiful wildflowers*

---

To Cory Havoick: Effendi, it was a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for dueling for the Guild, and I hope you will become better acquainted with us in the future.

*inside is a sleek and spankin' new cowboy hat*

---

To Sabastian Goldraven: I am excited to have you join our modest team, effendi. I hope that we will get to know each other more, and more, and I hope that you will find your gift challenging.

*inside is a puzzle cube - the likes of which is nearly impossibly difficult, and incapable of being manipulated or discerned by magic or supernatural means*

---

To Colm O'Hooligan: I am sorry of your injury, effendi, but I look forward to seeing you back in action next season. In the meantime, I do hope you will enjoy this.

*a years pass of use of open-bar at the Adventurer's Guild!*

---

To Firynth Jessail: Sometimes the Greatest of Hearts merely need a small change to ignite their fire, effendi.

*inside is a dangerous-looking cat o' nine tails, with a sign that reads "USE ME"*

---

To Deluthan: In your many exploits, effendi, I hope you will find this magical gift useful. Your experience and ability gives much to our Guild, and I thank you.

*inside is a coiled rope, that at the will of the user will raise into the air without needing to be supported*

---

To Rhaine Rustovich: I am glad that you have your ability to cast once more, effendi, you seem truly happier for it. I have taken time to carefully smith this blade, and I can say that is the finest that my very humble skills have ever crafted. I hope it will serve you will.

*inside is a thin, sharp rapier, the hilt is swept ebony iron, with a beautifully crafted half-moon design*

---

To Hylaenus: Play on, effendi. Your dedication sets an example for us all.

*wrapped inside is a small, clay panflute*

---

To Aenlyn Hollow: May you have a Merry Christmas, effendi. I know of your appreciation for life and its creatures, and so I have rescued this for you and decided to leave it in your loving care.

*there is a small cub there, cute as they come, wrapped in a blue bow, tagged with an empty name-tag*

Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

An especially warm thank you with warm wishes, too, that the coming year will be happy for you.
Topaz
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

Thank you, Rakeesh. Here is my reply to you, and may it never give you the headaches my rifts give. Shield and sword meaning Guildhall , crossed swords for Arena, a fist for Outback"and a star for the Isle.

:: included is a small amulet with several signs on it - the ones specified ::
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

He swung the broadsword a few times. Pulled out a small box and placed it on a table the tag read "Rakeesh you have been like a father to me. I dont think there is anyway that I could repay you for everything you have done for me."

-the gift contains gem that glows a dull red with what seems to be lightning bolts flashing inside it.-
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

[posted like an advertisement, but on tattered, worn parchment]

The Adventurer's Guild would like to make several announcements to Rhy'Din's community;

First, we have increased our patrol and protection on the Dragon's Gate wall - there is no need for immediate concern, as it has been a long time since Rhy'Din's walls were breached - however, this increased vigilance will also hopefully be able to weed out illegal smuggling that has known to take place from Dragon's Gate to the Battlefield Park outskirts of town.

Secondly, we have commissioned an Iron Fists League team to join the new league's exhibition season, thus named Champions of Mythos. You need not be a rare or mystical creature to apply, however there are a few available roster openings still, so contact me((PM me)) if you are interested in joining up with the Adventurer's Guild, and practicing your combat techniques.

Finally, I would like to personally and warm-heartedly announce the opening of the Adventurer's Guild School for the Gifted and Talented. Should you wish to apply, or should you be the legal guardian of a child whom you think deserves the best in private education, contact the Adventurer's Guild. The A.G. School offers Adventurer's Guild-funded worldly education and advanced combat training to the under-priviledged, gifted, or rare beings of the City. There is no cost for admittance or tuition. Should commute be a large issue, we also have a certain number of available dormitories on-campus. The A.G. School is located on the eastern section of New Haven, right by the beautiful dock-side there, where after-school activities abound.

ErasmusMortem
Adventurer
Adventurer

A visitor to the Guild

Post by ErasmusMortem »

He slipped between the small opening he had made in the great doors of the Hall. The worn cloak he wears everywhere barely crossing the threshold before the doors came to a booming close.

Erasmus looked around the empty chamber, deciding to prop himself against one of the massive columns and wait for someone to come through. He was told that he would have a pretty good chance of joining this Guild for adventurers, but he wanted to meet with Guildmaster before he made any decisions.

Stuffing his pipe with tobac, he settled in for a long wait.

Return to “The Adventurer's Guild”