Past events.
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Tour de Rhy'Din Overview and Basic Rules

Post by Random McChanse »

THE TOUR DE RHY'DIN

OVERVIEW

The Tour de Rhy'Din (TdR) is a meta-tournament over 9 weeks comprising of regular in-house dueling of one of the three sports during the week with a event in that sport on the Sunday thereof. Three weeks of DoS, three weeks of DoF, and three weeks of DoM in all.

Duelists gain points based on Point Difference Per Duel (PDPD, explained below) over a given week, duels over a given week, and event placings.

These points determine who wears the Jerseys, indicators of the overall and individual-sport leaders in the Tour. There are four Jerseys: YELLOW, for the duelist with the most Tour Points; RED for the duelist with the most Swords Points; GREEN for the duelist with the most Fists Points; BLUE for the duelist with the most Magic Points; and WHITE for the rookie duelist with the most Tour Points.

In addition to the individual competition, there is also a team element: teams of 3+ duelists are ranked according to their members' total points, and 3 weeks are dedicated to team-on-team competition, the results of which count towards the team's members' individual point total.

STAGES

The TdR competition is divided up into separate dueling events, known as Stages.

There are five types of stages, as follows:

Regular
Normal dueling against other (non-team) duelists in the TdR, transparently fought in the respective official room for the given sport, during official hours. The results are taken from the shift reports for that week, and duelists are ranked and given points based on Point Difference per Duel (PDPD) and # of duels fought. Highest PDPD wins the stage.

Team
Similar to regular dueling, except duelists are separated into 3 ranks (Champion, Dan, and Kyu) by their team. Duelists gain points for their team for each win against a same-ranked opponent: 3 for a Champion win, 2 for a Dan win, and 1 for a Kyu win. Teams are ranked and their members given points based on their total points obtained, with individual duelists gaining points based on performance within a rank.

Elimination
A single-elimination tournament in the given discipline, with points distributed based on overall placing.

Brawl
A simultaneously-dueled free-for-all in the style of MegaBrawl, MegaCast, and King of the Ring, with points distributed based on overall placing. For more detailed information, see the Brawl Rules thread.

Special
Special stages are just that, special. Details will be revealed the Sunday before the Special stage in question.

TERMS OF DUELING

As per the normal rules of dueling for each discipline, plus:

Each dueler is restricted to two more specials(fancies/feints/spells) than their opponent possesses.

For DoM specifically, the grade of spell is also restricted by this, e.g. Mages cannot choose a Mage-level spell to fill a slot when dueling someone below the rank of Magician. Keepers can't use their Furies unless dueling another Keeper.

Breaking the above two rules leads to a forfeit, which is scored as a null for the opponent (meaning it contributes neither to their PDPD or duels fought in the stage) and is scored for the offender as if he/she lost by a perfect shutout (thus adding a duel score of -8 to the PDPD for the offender).

The number of specials possessed by a duelist in a discipline is determined by their rank on the standings for that discipline at the time of the duel.

Duels during Regular and Team stages are counted towards your official WoL for that discipline.

Only duels against Tour participants are counted as duels for TdR.

Duels against teammates are not counted as duels for TdR purposes.

As in RoH in general, characters of one player are not allowed to duel against each other, and therefore such duels will not be counted for TdR purposes.

In Regular and Team stages, draws will give each duelist the number of points they scored in the duel at the point at which the draw was announced.

If a player drops their connection in a Regular or Team stage, he/she is given 10 minutes to return to the room; if he/she is still not present at that time, his/her opponent has the choice whether to draw (thus gaining the points at that point as described above), or to null the duel.

For Elimination stage duels, there are no ties; duels will continue until a duelist achieves a full point lead with over 5 points scored.

For Elimination and Brawl stages, if a player drops, he/she is given 5 minutes to reconnect; if he/she is not present after 5 minutes, either he/she forfeits to their opponent (in Elimination) or is immediately knocked out of the ring (Brawl).

For Elimination and Brawl stages, only one character per player is allowed to participate.
Last edited by Random McChanse on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Amaltea
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Amaltea »

The Tour de RhyDin will be an official event fully sponsored by Rings of Honor. There will be prizes in the form of Silver Nobles and more. If you have any comments or suggestions, please e-mail them to Random and myself. Then start planning who will be part of your team!

Let's make this a showcase of all the sports.
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Random McChanse »

I've updated the terms of dueling to account for issues involving multiple characters, breaking the honor rule, and dealing with dropped connections, so read up if you're participating.

Many thanks to Rakeesh for pointing out most of these issues. :)
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.

Return to “Tour Archives 2006”