Alais of Nitesong, Riverbend Keep, and Matlal

Located in the Old Temple District of Rhydin City.

Moderator: Xenograg

Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Matlal, Riverbend, I' Taurn or Nitesong, depending on time of year

Dojo Talks in the Night

Post by Alais d Nitesong »

The arena was fairly quiet, and as I sat talking with Rhaine, General Xenograg arrived. After the events of Matlal, I wanted a bit of time to talk to him, get his viewpoint, as well as find out how the war preparations are going for the Rellugai.

There were too many people around in the Arena that I do not know or trust, and so I asked the General if I could join him at the Dojo for a chat. He agreed, and we departed. Within moments, I was standing in front of the Dojo, where I had not been in a very long time. The whole Foreign Quarter had changed since Shakira’s reign and the days of trouble in RhyDin.

I opened the door and called for Xeno. I was met by his usual Steppe trained guards, but they were all female. This is an unusual state for the Dojo. She asked my name, and when I gave it to her, she allowed me to enter, informing me that Xeno was in the Library rather than the practice rooms. I altered direction and headed for the Library.

Xeno appeared to be asleep, and weariness was written in his features. Calling his name, he slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. “Alais, come in.”

I moved with the lightness of my people into the room, closing the door behind me. “Thank you for taking the time…”

He shook his head, “Alais, please, we are far beyond needing to thank each other.”

I told him about the initiation of the foundation of my home in the Emerald Isles, more as a preface to my opening the discussion about the books than for any other reason. When we got to the book, “The third is with Khirsah, the Elder, and he has taken it into the Primordial Darkness. Xeno, do you understand that Khirsah can change history by doing this? He can alter everything as we know it.”

He pondered, “Is Khirsah in control?”

I settled onto one of the library chairs. “Tass nor I have the answer to that. The book or Khirsah, they have nearly become one.”

“You let him read them? I thought this entire plan was to lock them away.” There was no real censure in his voice, but the words stung anyway.

“I turned them over to Khirsah to be taken to the Isles. I did not expect him to read them, to study them.” I never expected Khirsah to teach the books to speak either, but that discussion is better left for another time. Xeno did not need the added complication of knowing that the first two books now speak, to me, in the ancient language of the Valar.

He grunted slightly, “It happens. Dragons are hardly creatures immune to temptation.”

I smiled. No, the Dragons are very curious, and temptation seems to lure them. “Dragons do love to learn. I never expected this to happen so fast, the influence of the books on the Dragons. I wish to place the books in a chamber beneath the house I am building.” I never got the opportunity to tell him that Tass disagrees with the location.

“Yes, that is what I expected. How is Tass?”

“Tass has been very busy. He’s not around much at the moment, but he’s worried about Khirsah. The primordial blackness found me in Matlal the other day.” I studied Xeno a moment, wondering how he would take that knowledge, but he didn’t seem to understand that elven kind were never meant to touch the first darkness.

“You may have to back up some now,” was all he said to me.

I was puzzled, “Back up?” He nodded, and confirmed what he’d just said. I looked at him pondering before telling him that the Blackness that I’d touched was Khirsah. “If I do not answer the call, I may lose the third book Xeno, but I am also not meant to be tied to the darkness. And now I am tied to the Isle’s with the wards for the foundation. I think the tie to Tass’ world and the books is the cause for my touching the first darkness.”

He frowned as he pondered my words long moments. “Tied? This is quite beyond me my friend. What can I do?”

I thought long and hard about his question. “Yes, the wards to secure the structure do tie the sorcery of Annara to the ley lines of the Dragon’s isles, and that is tied to the magic of Dragon kind.” The wards bind all together to certain degrees.

“Unintended consequence,” he mused. “You never do things halfway,” it was said with a weak smile.

I had to laugh. “Aye” as Xeno and I have seen too many things over the years.

“Khirsah is in the darkness and joined with it?”

I nodded, “Yes, Khirsah was born of the first darkness.”

Xeno seemed surprised to hear that. “I did not know he was that old. And returning to it gives Khirsah…. Gets him out of time… What do they call it, space-time continuum.” I’m not certain I understood what he was talking about, but Xeno studies some odd things at times.

“I do not know what they do call it, but by returning to the beginning, Khirsah has the power to change the way we perceive reality. He can change our past and we would never know it.”

There was a fleeting moment of alarm in his features. “So Tass is our compass, touchstone, savior? And he is lesser than his brother?”

“Tass has said he can sense changes in Khirsha, he’s more powerful than before, but Khirsah is not yet Tass’ equal. Tass is the stronger of the dragons."

Xeno nodded, “We have that at least.”

I had burdened Xeno enough, and changed the subject to his preparations for war. It seems there is nothing he can do to sway the Rellugai. They remain outnumbered, and he mentioned that one of Rhaine’s plagues might be the only way to stop it. I laughed lightly, “You don’t know what that lass is capable of Xeno. Did she tell you I have access to her memories?”

He shook his head, “no, but I doubt she is pleased.”

“No, she is not, it was accidental, and I suffer nightmares when I accidentally access them in my dreams.” It would not do to go into the severity of those nightmares now, and I left it at that.

“I wondered where your comment earlier came from. Sounded like something she would say.” He was trying not to yawn, but exhaustion was plainly etched in his features.

“I have kept you long enough,” and I rose to take my leave of him. “I wanted you to know what is happening with the books, and to see how things were going with this war.”

He’d risen and given me a hug, very uncharacteristically for Xeno to show feeling and emotions. When I noted the change, he told me, “I have been Claimed. I belong to Her now instead of Her brother. I do not fear Her as I did Him.”

I told him he’d seemed more at peace with himself lately.

“She forgave me, as only a Mother can.” His voice broke for a moment, and he cleared his throat.

He showed me to the door, and I slipped into the night.
Lady Alais d' Arma Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

Whispers in the dark...

~An evil seeks rebirth....~

Whispers in the shadows...

~The twice tainted will seek the light....~

Whispers in the void...

~The Annaran will vanish....~

The whispers came without end. Their ominous words filled his mind as he tossed and turned in his bed. A sense of forboding washed over his heart as dark visions flashed before his eyes. Faces he had never seen before but would come to know. A Cat-demoness, a Tiefling, and a faceless shadow that loomed above them all. It's identity veiled from his eyes but it's evil was great.

Whispers in the dark

~An evil seeks rebirth....~

Whispers in the shadow...

~The twice tainted will seek the light....~

Whispers in the void...

~The Annaran will vanish....~

"ALAIS!!!!" He came awake screaming her name. His heart beating a mile a minute in his chest. Something had happened to her...and one of those beings in his dream was responsible. Dressing as fast as he could Sylus threw on his cloak and sprinted out of I'Taurn. Jumping onto Stepper's back saddle forgotten he rode like hell itself was on his heels. He needed answers...and something in his heart told him Xeno or Teleperien may know a piece of this Hypnos sent puzzle. He would start with the closest...Xeno.

Digging his heels into Stepper's ribs he raced towards the Dojo.

(( Posted in Kurgen Keep and Quiet Return))
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

He reached the dojo in record time. Sprinting up to the front door he pounded on it with all his strength. When the doorman looked through the eyslot and asked his business Sylus pleaded with all his heart to see General Xenograg. "Please!! This is urgent..I MUST speak with General Xenograg. Something has happened to the Lady Alais!! Now Please!! Go and get him as fast as you can...." Either out of empathy or annoyance the man closed the slot and ran off to get Xenograg. The man came by a few moments later. "The lord wishes not to be disturbed"

Cursing like a seasoned sailor Sylus jumped back onto Stepper and blazed a trail towards the Arena. A feeling that he would find Teleperien there this night.
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~
Xenograg
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Bey

Post by Xenograg »

It is a rare thing for Dojo Darelir to be closed to all visitors. This was such a day. Xenograg's fight with Shahai had repercussions both external and internal. Thanks to the healing first provided by Teleperien and later by his patron goddess, his skin color is down to that of rich chocolate; the pain was also gone completely.

The Great Mother was less than pleased with his recent actions, though. The day is spent in long periods of deep meditation. Both forgiveness and guidance is given to him. Xenograg can also feel that another test is forthcoming -- a harder one.
"The stupidest creative act is still a creative act, and that the real gap isn't between the mediocre and great work. The real gap is between getting started and doing nothing. If you've created something, even if it's stupid, you've put yourself in a position to do more." - Clay Shirky
Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Matlal, Riverbend, I' Taurn or Nitesong, depending on time of year

Long Time Passing

Post by Alais d Nitesong »

It had been ages since the elf had been to the Dojo. She had promised Xenograg she would come for a visit, and yet there had always been a reason for her not making it.

The scant amount of time she had been spending in Rhydin also made it difficult, but this morning, she stood before the doors of a once familiar place. She wondered if Xeno's guards would even remember her it had been so long since she had crossed this thresh hold.

She stepped forward and lifted the knocker upon the solid doors.
Lady Alais d' Arma Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe

Return to “Dojo Darelir”