Penance and Love

Horses, farm hands, and stories from Rhydin's countryside. Welcome to the less refined side of town... we suggest you kick off your heels and slip on some boots.

Moderators: Cory, Anjolie Quinn

Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

Penance and Love

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

Rose scented candles lined the smooth cherry finish of the femme's bedroom vanity. A bowl of cinnamon sticks offset the growing aroma with a very pleasant mix. The lights in the room were off and the only signs of brightness were coming from the dancing flicker of the soothing candles. The light reflected through the room by catching the partially hidden mirror currently covered by a thin veil of ivory sheer gauze.

Pale fingers reached through the darkness and further altered the dance of the glimmering candlelight. The gauze was pulled carefully aside and tucked behind the curve of a ornately decorated vase holding expertly crafted flowers of hand-blown glass. Faded champagne peepers rose to face the reflection in the mirror with a wince. Clumps of dark brown hair looked almost blackish against her ghostly skin, but the presence of honey highlights were still noticeable even in the darkness. Water began to threaten to pass the threshold of her black-lined eyes as the femme looked away in disgust.

The knowledge of her husband being currently occupied with preparing for his challenge lead her to be comfortable with this type of personal reflection. A sniffle brought Anjolie back into the realm of reality as she then rose from the seated place at her vanity. Shaking fingers reached out to take hold of the truck keys as she double-checked the bedroom for tidyness before heading to the door. A simple note and a signet ring lay on the cushions of the fluffed bed. The femme wasn't sure if her husband would be coming here tonight, but she was determined to get the message across.

My dearest husband,

I cannot imagine how hard it is for you to face this upcoming challenge against the background of our personal trials. I cannot help but feel that I have somehow brought all of this upon you. No matter what the outcome of tomorrow's challenge brings, know that I love you. Our daughter would have wanted you to fight well and in her honor no matter what the current circumstances. We will see her again soon, but we cannot afford to let our home fall apart in her absence. I understand that you need your solitude, but please do not forget the support of the two women who love more than anything else in their world. I am here for you and I am sorry.

Yours Eternally,

Anjolie

The ring was strung to the folded letter with a blue ribbon. The face of the ring was a set of praying hands against a field of stunning sapphire. The white gold band of the ring bore a date... the date of Kallie's birth surrounded by a cross on each end. Perhaps it would stand as a reminder of his daughter's love and support and would be able to ease the stress of these upcoming trials.

Musetta purse in hand, Anjolie took hold of her keys and threw on a coat. She swooped down to collect a bag waiting at the door and then headed for the truck outside and the errands she needed to finish before the night was over.
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."

Return to “Tales from the Golden Sun”