Post by Random McChanse »

Date: TBA

Time: TBA

First Duel: TBA
Second Duel: TBA
Third Duel: TBA

Results: TBA

Random Insight:

If Vanion vs. Art is the battle of the new blood, then Harris vs. Kheldar is the battle of the old blood. Both have long and impressive histories in the rings across all disciplines, and both took very solid victories in the first round. Unlike the new blood, whose volatility will be the main draw, the pleasure of watching the old blood face off is in the art of the duel: following the exchanges of two battle-hardened minds locked in conflict from discipline to discipline, savoring the flavors of each discipline's unique interactions and strategies. The Magic duel favors Harris, who has more experience with the energies that flow through that particular battleground, and who has been seen regularly practicing this discipline in order to return to peak performance after his hiatus. This practice seems to have born fruit for him, as he polished off Wyheree, the Keeper of Water, in their first round Magic duel 5-2.5, no mean feat. Kheldar has not been to the Isle recently to my knowledge, but his efforts in the Tour, long ago as they were, were quite respectable considering the field he fought against. He also made an impressive showing in the first round in Magic, beating G 5-1.5, but G has had little experience with Magic and as such the win's glory is somewhat sullied by this fact. Therefore, while I predict Harris will win the Magic duel, Kheldar's solid play so far makes me concede that it will not be by much. Fists, on the other hand, is less predictable. Both Harris and Kheld took close, but unexpected, losses in this discipline in the first round, even as they took wins in disciplines their opponents were favored in. Thus, I am inclined to conjecture that both are focusing on the Swords and Magic disciplines to cement their victory, and not as much on Fists. Therefore, I think it will be the one who carries their focus into Fists more strongly that will take the match in his favor. Swords, however, will be the most interesting of the duels, if not the most influential towards the match's outcome. Harris has shown that he has not lost his edge (pun unintended) in Swords as he beat Wyheree, a former Talon of Redwin, 5-2.5. However, it was Kheldar who took the astonishing victory in the first round, knocking the Madness's victor out of his seat with a huge win of 5-2. Therefore, I think Kheldar will take his momentum into this duel and take another Swords victory, though Harris will do his best to keep it close. With Harris winning Magic and Kheldar winning Swords, it is my belief that the Fists duel will decide the winner of this match. Normally, I would favor Kheldar, as his recent performance in the discipline has been far better than Harris's, but despite his victory over Wyheree I believe Harris still needs to justify his title of the 2nd seed. And who better to prove his prowess in dueling across all the disciplines than the 2nd place duelist in the 2006 Tour's overall standings? Therefore, I think Harris will have the drive to beat his current slump and take the overall victory, though the odds may be against him.

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

DoM Match

Post by Goldglo »

DoM Match Results:

Rounds 1-5

::Blades are not phased by Fog; they find their way just fine and dandy, thank you:: (WB/FF, 1-0 Harris)

::Kheldar makes Harris afraid. Sort of:: (AB/FT, 1-.5 Harris)

::Kheldar's bolt chews up those blades enough to make them worthless:: (MB/WB, 1 up)

::Right. How do ghosts reflect in mirrors? They don't, apparently:: (GF/RF, 1 up)

::Bing! Bang! Two bolts, two points!:: (MB/MB, 2 up)

Rounds 6-10

::Harris shields his nose with a mask. Or something else that works just as well:: (SH/FF, 2.5-2 Harris)

::Harris was going to do something. What was it? Autocaller doesn't know, since Harris apparently forgot:: (WB/MW, 3-2.5 Kheldar)

::Harris looks eerie. Which apparently frightens the snow:: (GF/AB, 3 up)

::The fog causes the poor bolt to get lost, whimper, and die a lonely awful death:: (FF/MB, 3.5-3 Harris)

::Kheldar arms himself. Harris admires from afar:: (DI/AB, 3.5-3 Harris)

Rounds 11-15

::Harris makes Kheldar stub his fingers:: (SH/FT, 4-3 Harris)

::both spells worked. Or maybe they fizzled. Either way, score's the same:: (RF/DI, 4-3 Harris)

::Harris protects himself against faux-Kheldar:: (SH/GF, 4-3 Harris)

::The Outback would have klaxons and sirens now:: (MS/RF, 4 up)

::Harris gets the one point DM edge. Kheldar might not remember why:: (MW/GF, 5-4 Harris wins)

Harris leads the overall DM Match, 1-0
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

DoS Match Results

Rounds 1-5

::Kheldar says "no thanks!":: (TH/FCP, 1-0 Kheldar)

::A trade as Kheldar goes high and Harris low:: (LC/HC, 2-1 Kheldar)

::Harris makes things all even again:: (HC/FSS, 2 up)

::Harris' turn to get snagged:: (FSS/LC, 3-2 Kheldar)

::Kheldar risks, but finds no reward:: (FLP/TH, 3 up)

Rounds 6-10

::Both men strike low, neither can score:: (LC x 2, 3 up)

::Both men are paranoid:: (SH x 2, 3 up)

::Kheldar comes in once again. Harris' turn to say "no thanks!":: (FCP/TH, 4-3 Harris)

::Harris swings low, Kheldar blocks! It's siren and klaxon time again:: (LC/FCP, 4 up)

::It's round ten, and it's overtime time!:: (HC/LC, 5 up)

Rounds 11

::Harris takes the final point and win, but the entire matchup is still there for Kheldar to take!:: (LC/SH, 6-5 Harris)

Harris leads the overall DM Match, 2-0
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

DoF Match Results

Rounds 1-5

::Harris stole Matt's move. Kheldar still feels the sting:: (FDO/Jab, 1-0 Harris)

::You know this will go down to the wire:: (Jab/FAB, 1 up)

::Kheldar needs to score, not trade, and he's done that twice in a row:: (JK/Jab, 2-1 Kheldar)

::That's nearly the last Kheld can afford:: (Jab/SnapK, 2 up)

::It's all for pride from here on out. But that's one heck of a shot:: (UC/Fancy Leap, 3-2 Harris)

Rounds 6-8

::Harris punches Kheldar mid-spin:: (Jab/SpinK, 4-2 Harris)

::Kheldar doesn't go down that easy, and Harris can't backhand twice:: (Fancy Dodge/Feint JK, 4-3 Harris)

::Harris puts a stop to the comeback, taking all three of the DM bouts and winning by 4 total points!:: (FAB/Jab, 5-3 Harris)

Harris wins the overall DM Match, 4-0

Return to “Duel Master Archives”