After the Tournament.

Stories of the those from House Dragoon Talanador, the Company of the Dragon and the Tavern itself.

Moderator: G

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

After the Tournament.

Post by G »

Strange how fighting during a match that the effects of blows struck do not hurt as much as blows connected when you're not ready to fight. You'd think that after years of fighting in controlled rings and enviroments, taking some of the hardest shots a man can inflict on another, that you'd be used to being hit.

That's how it is in the Arena. Get sliced with a sword? No problem, it stings a moment but goes away. So you're used to it. Impaled with a spear? Same thing. "Ow, oh all right it's gone."

The Outback was a little different. Still, getting beat on, punched, kicked, thrown around and all that, it wasn't too much of a big deal if you're used to it. But let your guard down, like he did tonight, and you're gonna ache.

It was more stupid relationship drama, of course. The only reason he felt it necessary to get involved was because it included a House mate, employee, and growing friend. Poor Erin. Those gossip mongers went to town on her. Luckily, he didn't have to keep his part of the bargain, as Charlie easily found out, and after the fight, everyone in Rhydin would have known about it.

So, he stepped in, asked if the girl was stupid because of her incessant screaming over the man involved, and when he did, the girls somewhat attractive sister stepped in against him. Of course, words were exchanged, and then blows. She hauled back and belted him one, a good shot, but one he wasn't prepared for. Then he returned the favor, sending one right back at her.

Well, if you're gonna fight like a guy, be ready to take a hit like a guy. He didn't really notice her reaction, just the satisfaction of clocking her. Corlanthis got all indignant about it because he'd just hit his girlfriend. It wasn't like she didn't have it coming, but he understood Cors point of view. There was more arguing, and then leaving. After that, things got a little confusing. Still, it seemed like fun. Then there was the final round in the Tournament for the Panthers Claw, and some highly entertaining negotiations involving him, Soerl, Alex and Teagan. G'nort hoped that Soerl was getting his money's worth, that's for sure.

So yes, all in all an entertaining evening. Which is where we find our Hero/Villain as he makes his way, alone, into the Golden Ivy Tavern, rubbing his jaw where the girl, Serena was her name, had launched her knuckles across.
Last edited by G on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

As he entered the Tavern, he was leaning heavily on the door, holding his jaw. A short moment afterwards he looked up, seeing a few of his employees gathered by the clerks desk as well as his Son, who was speaking to Lina, who was managing this week. Raising a dark brow, he made his way over towards the desk, Lina and Locke watching him closely, his son more annoyed than anything if his expression were telling.

"Evening, Lina, Locke, boys. Any messages?" G'nort spoke to Lina, who shook her head. "Good."

Locke studied G'nort a moment, then shook his head and looked away, inspecting some random painting on the wall. G'nort watched him and leaned against the clerks desk.

"Boy. Hey, boy? Do you have a girlfriend?" He asked, prying.

Locked blinked and turned back to face his father. "No, I... No. And even if I did, I do not believe that it is of -Your- concern." Huffing as he turned away.

"Good. Because if you did, I'd have to warn you against what kinds to look out for. Hey Boy, you listening?" This time G'nort poked him.

Locke angrily shrugged off the poking and turned to face him. "My name is Not 'Boy,' it is Locke. And just what makes you think that I need any advice from you? That bruise on your face from one of your tramps?" he snorted in derision.

"What's with the attitude, LC? I was just making a little joke. You really need to lighten up." Then the idea hit him like a bolt of lightning. "Oh! Have you never been with a woman?"

It was something that G'nort felt he could probably help his son with, at the very least. However, it didn't cause the type of reaction he'd hoped for. Locke, for his efforts, did not give any indication that what his father said bothered him in any way. This made it quite difficult to get an idea to the boys stuffiness.

"Again, Father, whether I have or have not been with a woman is none of your concern, nor will I ever make it your concern. And do not bother trying to advise me in the art of wooing women, either. I'll have you know I am not interested in anything -you- have to say on the subject." Another angry retort spoken without looking at his father.

"You've some attitude, boy. And what's with that accent? Did your mother raise you in Europe or Toril or something?" G'nort shook his head, rubbing his jaw again as he made his way to his office. "I'm probably the best person you can ask questions to in regards to romance. So you think about that the next time you run into some problem with a girl and can't solve it alone."

The door was slammed shut. G'nort sat behind his desk, thinking about a bit of ice for later. Locke shook his head as he stared at the door, then looked back to Lina.

"So, Tara's single or is she seeing anyone?"

Return to “Golden Ivy Tavern”