So, you want to be a Hero?

Moderator: Rakeesh

Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

The Adventurer's Guild Logbook

Post by Rakeesh »

*the book is simply made; red leather, and bound with goblin hair - but inside are the entries of those who wish to be adventurers and heroes... their names, and their goals. any who visit the Adventurer's Guild are welcome to sign this book - doing so makes you at least a partial member of the Guild(though there are no annual fees or such that come with this)*
Last edited by Rakeesh on Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

I, Rakeesh Sah Tarna, from the City-State of Tarna in Gloriannia ,proudly announce the creation of this Guild in RhyDin. I will not shirk away from evil, injustice, or my duties as the Guildmaster of The Adventurer's Guild.

I will not break from my service to Sekhmet, no matter how far I am from Gloriannia. I will not fall from the Way of the Paladin.

To see. To seek. To do.
When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

[OOC: Twitter is the best way to stay in touch. <3]
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

::He walks up to the book opens it as dust falls off the book as it hits the stand::
Pulls out a quill and signs I, Dimitri Locherin will not shun away from his duties to Fight evil throughout Rhydin. I will not depart when needed to fight. I will defend the weak and fight for those who need help.
Last edited by Dimitri on Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aenlyn Hollow
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aenlyn Hollow »

hrumph. I'm not sure why Rakeesh is so fond of these bookish things, but I suppose I owe it to him to grant his request.

My name is Aenlyn Hollow, and I'm a dryad of the Cypress. I've been told before that dryad's are supposed to be peaceful, and I suppose once upon a time I was.
My tree was but a sapling in a great magical forest, but as seems to be the case when one lives in a great magical forest, things went very wrong. A wasteland full of orcs and trolls and all manner of other nasties grew until it reached the border of my forest, and as wastelands tend to do, just kept growing. Many of the creatures of the forest put up a good fight, but in the end it wasn't enough to stop the beasts, and eventually the forest was destroyed. Nothing could be done for the towering trees that for centuries had sheltered those of my kind. Because of my youth and small size, however, Rakeesh, a passing paladin who seems drawn to rampaging hoards, managed to save my sapling and transplant it a great distance.
Now I reside in the woods near the Adventurer's Guild, growing up with companions of flesh rather then bark. I train to fight so that never again will I be helpless to protect the trees when they are in need.

-Aenlyn Hollow
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

Good and evil - are they not overly relative? Light and darkness - do they not use same techniques in many cases? Life may be merciless, and death may bring final relief. What is left, when there is no trust in light or darkness, in good and evil? What is left beside honor?

I shall try to aid the team with maximum efficiency, with the only limitations imposed by my corporeal form. I give my word - word of Rhaine Rustovich, High Priestess of Asmodeus, former warrior of His army. Word of life mage, who has given up the path of magic.
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

::Opens the old red book. Looking over the entries of those that came before him , he is given an understanding of those he intends to call friend. Removing a quill and a bottle of ink he writes thus::

I, Sylus Adair Kurgen, once assasin and theif but through hardship and struggle, now walk the path of redemption. I vow to hold to the ideals of this guild.(If they suit my purposes)

I am sworn to valor. My word speaks only truth. My might shall uphold the weak. My wrath shall undo the wicked. My blade shall never be used in anger. This I vow, this I swear.
-Sylus Kurgen, the walker of redemption
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

((some of those in the Guildbook have not signed here for not having an account, and some now have dead characters. this post will update and show every current member of the Adventurer's Guild, including ones who have already post here))

*Original Members*
Rakeesh Sah Tarna - Founder, Captain and Maester, Liontaur
Hylaenus the Satyr - Assistant Captain of Champions of Mythos
Aenlyn Hollow - Original Member, Dryad
Firynth Jessail - Original Member, Soldier
Rodger Vossen - Original Member, Animated Statue, Presumed Dead
Anfer Derandafil - Original Member, Elvish Herbalogist, Presumed Dead
Rhaine Rustovich - Original Member, Vampiress

*Newer Members*
Dimitri Locherin - Half-elf
Sylus Kurgen - Ex-Assassin
Colm O'Hooligan - Leprechaun
Deluthan Ev'rt- ???, Human
Saryna - Snake, Ex-CoM Duelist
Rico Romulus - Human, Ex-CoM Duelist
When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

[OOC: Twitter is the best way to stay in touch. <3]
Firynth
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Firynth »

Firynth shows up at the Adventurer's Guild for the first time since his initial joining of the guild. His body is sore from being called to the front lines by the Spartan military to repel the invading tribe of minotaurs. As he steps into the guild, he sees a book lying not 20 feet away from the entrance on a podium.

"What the hell is this? I bet Rakeesh put this here. Ok so what is this thing now?"

Takes a closer look at the book, opening it and peering at the previous entries seeing new people that he's never heard of. Deciding that he should sign it too and put his pledge to the guild into records, he takes up the quill on the podium and dips it into the ink.

- Let it be known from this point on that I, Firynth Jessail, pledge my services to the Adventurer's Guild. I swear to uphold the values that allowed me to be a squire of Achilles and promise to spread the name of Achilles to all who disbelieve. Also, I will help train any in need of training or take any mission given to me by the leader of the guild. All of this I swear on my life.

After he finishes signing the book, he heads back to his room to take a long sleep before checking to see what assignments he has been given in his absence.
Anheuser_Steinforge
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

... the word of a dwarf is always set in stone ...

Post by Anheuser_Steinforge »

[Anheuser stumbles wearily down the street and trips on a lose cobblestone, which sends himself tumbling forward and into a nearby building. "Oi" he says as he removes an old and weathered book from his head and ponders at its purpose. He opens the book and begins to read the bleary eyes, blinking many times to clear up his vision. "This be one've them log books, eh ..." his gruff voice trails off as he becomes lost in the words of those who read and wrote before him. He nods as he comes to the end of the book. He then climbs to his feet and places the book back upon the podium and smiles. "heh, glad that didn't tumble with the book." He nods at the ink well, with the large featherd quill resting in a small hole near it. He takes the quill in his short, stubby hand and dips it in the ink, then begins to write.]

-E'er since I been walkin' this land, I be lookin' fer others who see the things that be in life, that help'em stay true an' now that I be 'ere in RhyDin, I be thinkin' that me services can be put to'a good kind o' use. I be givin' me word that me brews, will be about fer whoe'er be needin'em ta git'em back up an' goin' down ye path to great and heroic things.-
[signed as legible as a dwarf can]
-Anheuser Steinforge: Brewmaster
Anheuser Steinforge: Brewer of all things bier.

" ... from Stone and Stein, ye be blessed by the
gifts of the master craftsman ... "
[an excerpt from "Kettle Haus"]
[the book of Brewing]
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

He walked into the Guild and up to the book. He opened it up to his entry, "What the hell was I thinkin' joining this" Dimitri said. He tore his entry out of the book. The paper burst into flames he watched the ashes fall to to ground. Dimitri turned around and walked out his head bowed low.
Dimitri Locherin. Azillian guard, former Commander of the Huor Ar-Feiniel Battalion.
Neo Eternity
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Seraphim Knights Leader

Post by Neo Eternity »

The three Edges of Life walk into the guild, interested in joining. Leading the trio, is Neo Eternity. Behind and to the left, is Neo's older brother of 26, Jin Eternity. He looks a lot like Neo, but appears to be more laid back. His wardrobe's the same as Neo's, except for the green t-shirt, and the black pair of sunglasses. Behind and to the right, is Tsunan Nami, known better as Tsu. He's a teenage boy of 16. He has light skin and pitch black hair, long everywhere except in the back, and part of it covers his left eye. His eyes are black. His wardrobe's somewhat plain; a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes. What isn't plain is the pair of black wristbands he wears, with a green watch on his left wrist, behind the wrist band, the Simon Kenton High School '07 class ring on his right ring finger, and the gold necklace with a silver kanji hanging from it, the kanji for "Longevity".

The three eventually come upon the logbook. Neo opens it up, turning to an empty page, and signing first:

"I've always tried my best to protect those I see around me. By creating my team, the Edges Of Life, I hoped to do so even better, but we never really went out and helped people in far away places. I hope that in joining this guild, I hope that I can reach out and help people in any way possible, and strike down any evil that may rear its head with my reversed blade.

Neo Eternity"

"Okay, your turn, Jin."

"Aiight." Neo stepped down, and Jin stepped up, not bothering to move the shades. It seemed that he could write well enough with them on.

"I tried th' betta' part o' mah life ta be a good person, helpin' out whereva I see that help's needed, helpin th' old ladies cross the street, stoppin' bank robbers, and alla tha' good stuff. I'm sure that in joinin' here, I can help th' old ladies cross distant streets, stop far away bank robbers, and take mah fist to th' face of those who do bad.

Jin Eternity"

"Yer turn, kiddo." Jin stepped down, and Tsu stepped up.

"I've spent what are supposed to be the best years of my life suffering. I've not been a victim of killers, rapists, robbers, or any malicious people, but it's emotional and mental. Either way, I know suffering, and I want to see to it that no one else has to, or to know as little of it as possible. It is why I joined the Edges of Life, and I'm sure that I can do even more now that the three of us are here.

Tsu Nami &#12484;&#12490;&#12511;"

"I've finished." Tsu stepped down.

"Alright, let's go." Neo headed for the exit, and the other two followed.

((I think I may be creating seperate forum accounts for the other two characters.))
-- Neo Eternity
Seraphim Knights, Leader
Retired DoM Coordinator
ErasmusMortem
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by ErasmusMortem »

The man pushes off the column he had been leaning on, tapping the ashes out of his pipe. Erasmus had just noticed the big red ledger on the dais, and walks over to it. Flipping to a blank page, he pulls a pen from his traveling pouch.

'I, Erasmus al'Mandragor, son of Gremlh, son of Garm have already pledged my life to death in battle. I would be honored to be a part of this Guild in which I believe I can be of great service to.'

That was it. Short, simple, and to the point. Much like the man who wrote it. (Other than the short part) He hoped it would be read. The book was quite dusty, and looked as though it hadn't been opened in some time.

Erasmus tucked his pen back into his pouch and turned on his heel, heading for the massive doors. He opened them just large enough to slip through and was gone into the city. Thoughts ran through his head. Mostly of whether or not he would be accepted by the guildmembers.
"Only a true warrior chooses Pacifism..."

-Garm al'Mandragor
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

He looked over the entries of the Log book, fingers running across the different names, some old, a few new. "The guild is in good hands I think." Nodding a few times to himself, he drew out a pen and carefully ripped his name from the ledger so as not to make the rest of the page fall out, the tear was precise and clean.

In it's place a note was left. "Good luck Rakeesh, watch over these new heroes for a few of them may need more guidance than they realize. Fare well, my friend."

-A fanciful fool.
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~
V.
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by V. »

He walked up to the book and looked it over. He signe simply without much of a speech. 'I Ulbrecth Hausen, vow to stop all injustices that are in my power to stop.' Turning after signing to leave. It was short simple and to the point.
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

Sorry that I didn't stop to say goodbye.
My duty calls me.
Good luck, Rakeesh.

Return to “The Adventurer's Guild”