Who's got who wrapped around their pinkie?

Stories of the those from House Dragoon Talanador, the Company of the Dragon and the Tavern itself.

Moderator: G

Lydia Loran
Adventurer
Adventurer

Who's got who wrapped around their pinkie?

Post by Lydia Loran »

Lydia was a grumpy green haired elf when it came to G.

He was a friend, he was a good friend, but he was impossible. Absolutely impossible. Between him signing her up for a TDL match without her consent, undressing her with his eyes entirely too often, and being absolutely stubborn when it came to their work, well... sometimes she wished she were less nice, and really was more inclined to set people and their possessions on fire.

As it was, she simply wasn't. So she'd handle some things the diplomatic way!

Lydia dressed nice (but not too nice) for her surprise meeting with G. The day had been relatively pleasant weather-wise and it wasn't snowing so she opted for black heeled boots an off the shoulder sweater dress - one of Erin's designs. It was primarily a dark plum with simple patterns, and it subtly accented her slender figure. It also matched her black messenger bag perfectly, which was stuffed with a good amount of paperwork.

Walking somewhat briskly through the Golden Ivy Tavern, Lydia shot friendly and polite smiles to those she came across before reaching her destination: The door leading to G's office. Taking a breath, she grasped the handle and twisted and pushed - just enough so the door was cracked.

"G, I'm coming in and you better be wearing pants when I do."

After waiting a few seconds, which should have been more than enough time to pull up pants if they were down, Lydia pushed the door open and stepped through the threshold.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

"Those little gnomes are going to be the death of me, I swear, Mai. It's been what, four - five months and no word on either my airship or the whole Adam debacle. Almost incompetent." G complained.

"They've never let you down before, sir." Mai sighed, continuing her note-taking. She seemed almost bored with the repetitive discussions. Luckily for her, there was a disturbance at the door.

"G, I'm coming in and you better be wearing pants when I do."

It was Lydia's voice, and just after, she entered the office.

"Mister Talanador, your three o'clock is here." smirked Mai.
Lydia Loran
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Lydia Loran »

G had pants on. This was already starting on a good note.

Shutting the door behind her, Lydia regarded Mai curiously for a moment before it dawned on her - secretary. Of course. Mustering up a smile, the green haired elf nodded to the woman. "Good afternoon." Pale blues then shifted to G, regarding him momentarily. Weight was shifted from foot to foot, a tell-tale sign of nervousness from the elf. Erin was the one well versed in business and business dealings. Not her.

Nevertheless, her smile did brighten a touch more in spite of herself. G was hard to stay really mad at. With him it was usually just mild annoyance. "Good afternoon G." Stepping further inside, she pulled out one of the chairs in front of G's desk and took a seat. Probably a business boo boo, in that she should have waited to be invited to sit. Ah well, it was too late to remedy it now.

Her bag was shrugged off her shoulder and settled in her lap, pale blues idly traveling between the other two in the room.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

"Good afternoon. Good afternoon, G" Said Lydia

"Lydia Loran, co-owner of the Stitch in Time clothing store, green haired elf to see you, sir." Came the droning voice of Mai Yasuke, who never lifted her gaze from her notepad.

"Yes, I know who she is. How did you know?" G questioned curiously.

"It's my job to know everyone you know, and most you don't, sir."

"Oh, well carry on then." G waved her off and Mai moved to a neutral location in the office. G turned and smiled to Lydia, reaching onto his desk to make sure that all pens and pencils were in perfect order. He then folded his hands on the desk and waited.
Lydia Loran
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Lydia Loran »

Lydia furrowed her brows slightly at Mai's words. How did she know so much? When she moved further from her and G, pale blues redirected themselves back to the seemingly pleasant and patient G. "You have people following and stalking me now?" It was half rhetorical, half not...

With a shake of her head, she reached into her bag and pulled out a vanilla folder. It.. wasn't in the best of condition though, having been bent and creased in half, the documents in it a little wrinkly and sticking out along the edges. She set her bag aside and sheepishly set to work on unfolding and smoothing it all out. "I came to talk about some of our.. ah.. business." She glanced aside, briefly towards Mai. She figured his secretary would know though. But just in case, she didn't speak about it that openly.

When the folder had been smoothed out to a somewhat acceptable degree she leaned forward and set it on G's desk. "I wanted to discuss the possibility of some changes with you." Leaning back, Lydia watched G, awaiting reaction.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

"You have people following and stalking me now?"

G just smiled and waited patiently as Lydia brought out her quaint folder, not responding to the question beyond that. He watched her as she smoothed all the papers out.

"I came to talk about some of our.. ah.. business." Mai didn't even give a show of interest in the conversation, let alone identify what she knew. "I wanted to discuss the possibility of some changes with you."

G gave a glance over the papers now lining his desk before looking up to the green haired woman. It was business time so he raised a brow and also proceeded to lean back, taking a partially deep breath before sighing in feigned boredom.

"I do so hate change. What, precisely, did you have in mind?" He then inspected the fingernails on one hand while waiting for her response.
Lydia Loran
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Lydia Loran »

Lydia frowned a bit at how blase G was being, and the fact he hadn't even bothered to look at her documents. The nerve. But she turned it upside down. Kinda.

"Well... for starters, I think you could..." Trailing off, Mai got a sidelong glance before Lydia leaned forward, lowering her voice as she spoke to G. "I think you could take in more slaves to free than you do. I can understand not wanting to go overboard with it, because if you take in too many you pose the risk of being found out. But I think you could take in fifteen a month - easy. Maybe even twenty if you were feeling particularly ambitious."

Chewing at her lower lip, she pushed the folder she had set down a little closer his way. "And the ones you've helped now ... most want to work for you yes, but some have a desire to learn a trade beyond what resources are currently available to them. Some.. some don't even want to be around. They want to go back to their homes." Lydia sighed a little. "And they come from places far away, so relocation might actually cost.. a little more than you'd like. I've sorta outlined a few things there-" Gesturing to the folder. "-like possible budget changes."

"Overall... I'm requesting a forty percent increase to make the changes I've spoken of possible, as well as a few I've mentioned there." She tapped absently at the folder before glancing back up. Waiting for it...
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

"Forty what?" he raised a brow in disbelief. "I'm not opposed to increasing the amount of freed slaves I take in, and sure, I understand the ones who want to go home. But come on! I give them jobs, and ensure they're taught a trade! Why don't they realize they're free and save up in order to barter passage home? I give fair wages and all. What's this relocating thing?"

G huffed, and puffed, and took the absently tapped folder, opening it and glancing through the details, not even noticing the amused smile hidden on Mai's face, or the frowning nervousness on Lydia's. This was business and numbers.

"This one wants transportation all the way back to some place called 'Palanthas'! I never even heard of that place!" He was quite wealthy and would definitely not hurt financially in his life, but he was still a wee bit stingy on just giving out money without seeing the littlest return on his investment.

"If you can give me a genuine, logical reason I should increase this budget by Forty Percent, I'll consider possibly thinking about it in a roundabout sort of way." He slid the papers back towards her.
Lydia Loran
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Lydia Loran »

Lydia forced herself to suppress her sigh and play it cool. And not roll her eyes at G... This wasn't a situation she could just toss a pretty smile to get her way, or pout or plead. That was becoming clear. "I'm fully aware that you give them fair wages G. No one is arguing that. It's not like I'm asking for an increase to their pay."

Crossing one leg over the other, she glanced down momentarily at the folder on G's desk before looking back up. "But they don't all come in ready and willing to work. Some of the more... extreme cases... they require some form of rehabilitation after what they go through." Her voice had quieted some. "There's initial food, clothing, and shelter to take into consideration. And you've said you have no problem with increasing the number you take in."

Tilting her head, Lydia looked to be in thought as she ran a few numbers in her head, trying to figure out some math. "If you take in fifteen, you'd be increasing the amount taken in by approximately three hundred percent. And twenty would be an increase of around four hundred. But I'm not asking for three or four hundred percent more - just forty. It's only logical you would have to put up a little more money if you were taking more in, not to mention pay for some of those programs I've outlined here. The reason I don't ask for so much is because I'm trying to inspire a sense of community and goodwill amongst them, show them that it's good to help each other out but still remain self sufficient - but there still needs to be a decent starting point. That's where you come in."

Taking the folder back, she toyed with it a moment before settling it on her lap, expression almost stoic.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Lydia said all this and all G heard was "More Money." He glanced into the folder and saw the crazy amount of math and numbers involved and knew that if he were to work this out, he'd need an accountant to go through everything and check to make sure she was telling the truth. He hated spending more money. He sighed and frowned as he thought about all hte details.

Or, he could trust that Lydia was being truthful and genuinely wanted to help, rather than just bleed him dry.

It was good she was cute.

"Okay, say I go with this outline plan. What's the benefit for us? Will I see a return on my investment? And did someone promote you to project manager without telling me? I mean, honestly, I don't think you were really supposed to go through all these fine details and come up with a larger plan.... That's some initiative you have going for you."

He smiled and winked really quick. "But that doesn't mean you're getting a raise yet."
Lydia Loran
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Lydia Loran »

She was glad he seemed to take her workaholicism as 'initiative'.

"I think you will..." She paused before continuing. "They'll be happier, and common sense says that when people are happy they tend to work harder." A funny statement, all considered... "I think you'll be met with harder workers and more cooperative people should you do this. They'll be more willing to take initiative and work with you in a way that helps everyone involved."

Lydia couldn't help but grin a little then. "And no one promoted me. I just took it upon myself to ah.. look over a few things."

Her grin broadened just a touch. "And I'm not looking for a raise. Not everyone believes everything to be about money."
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

"All right then, Lyds. Just what is it going to cost me to buy into your little plan, hmm?" He folded his arms over his stomach and leaned back in his chair, watching her over his desk.

"I'm sure that it's not all just about better, more efficient workers. What's the catch?" Chuckling and raising his brows expectantly.
Lydia Loran
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Lydia Loran »

Lydia raised her brows in return to G's gesture and comments and questions. "Either you haven't been listening or you've been spending this entire time undressing me with your eyes..." She muttered it, in half jest and half annoyance because it's not something one could put past G at all. "I've already mentioned the cost is going to be around a forty percent increase of what you already pay. If you can't shell that out you won't be able to maintain higher numbers coming in."

"And I'm not even sure that there *is* a catch G, aside the fact you'll be paying a little more money." And actually doing something good and perhaps even charitable. She didn't voice that aloud though. "You should know if you expand something you have to invest more; be it these people or any one of your businesses. You can't give the same to something when it was smaller and expect it to keep thriving."
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Grunting, shifting in his chair, and purposely giving the aura of irritation, he waves a hand in her direction and glances towards a random picture on the wall.

"Fine, fine, go ahead and make the necessary changes. I'll trust your judgment. After all, what improvements you make, the results will reflect directly on you." He said with a sly grin looking her way because that meant that she was responsible for it now.

"So, good luck and keep within the budget. I look forward to your next report!"

Return to “Golden Ivy Tavern”