Twilight Isle Events

Transplanted Rigelian and her adventures in the Nexus world of RhyDin and
beyond.

Moderator: Azjah von Drachen Walde

Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Azjah von Drachen Walde »

Soerl shook his head at Azjah, “Oh, no, we haven’t even considered a date as of yet, so I hadn’t given that much thought. I’m not in a terrible hurry anyway.” But he slid his gaze toward Lydia as he spoke. “Planning things isn’t really my strong suit.” He reached up and scratched the side of his head, just beneath the brim of his hat, clearly bespeaking of discomfort.

Wyheree spoke quietly to Lydia, “I did not have that sort of party. Is that the one with the dancers?”

Azjah sipped the scotch with a smile, “there is so much to plan and make arrangements for,” she figured Soerl, since he seemed by default to be held accountable for planning might need a bit of a hint in that direction. Then she smiled at Wyheree, “they certainly can have those dancers.”

Lydia chuckled and nodded at Wyheree, “Yeah, I’ve heard that happens at some of those, but I’ve never been to one before.”

Azjah quirked a brow hearing both of them, and that neither had actually been to such a party before. “Clearly ladies, we need to make amends for such missed opportunities.”

Lydia grinned, “I’m sure G’nort will want to throw a party like that for Soerl.” She rolled her eyes before glancing at the minstrel, “I assumed you were planning everything out.”

Wyheree finished her wine and stood, “the hour grows late, I fear I must go.”

They wished her fair travels as Soerl snickered quietly, “G would use it as an excuse to invite his Sugar and Sinammon.” Then he shook his head, “I suppose I can try to plan it all…. “ But the doubt echoed strongly in his words.

Lydia’s brows rose a fraction at Azjah’s comment before she smiled at Soerl, “Oh, I can help, I don’t expe- wait… have you met them before?” She gave him one of those suspicious looks at the mention of G’s ‘lady friends’.

“Of course not. I’ve never been anywhere like that.” He rolled his eyes at her, “Bad enough I get flirted with without paying for it everywhere I go.”

Lydia’s tone was flat, “Yes, poor you.” Then she turned back to Azjah, “Have you ever attended a party like that before?”

Azjah nodded, “On Rigel, the issue of a Bachelorette Party takes on interesting meaning, but yes, I have been a participant at one or two.”

Lydia’s head tilted, “How can they get any more interesting than they already are?”

“There are traditional rituals on Rigel that I have not seen or heard of being done here in RhyDin.” She sipped her scotch, wondering how Lydia would react to a proper wedding night bedding ritual, but she didn’t say anything along those lines. “But, we do have a fair deal of shopping to accomplish.” She smiled brightly.

“We do!” Lydia returned the grin, “All around the market. Maybe even some shops in New Haven.” To Lydia, New Haven equaled Bankrupt Soerl.

Azjah gave a merry laugh, “Definitely New Haven!” Then she leaned closer to Lydia, whispering quietly, “my dress will be ready for first fitting next week.” She hadn’t told Wil that, this dress was to be a surprise from concept to presentation.

Lydia smiled, “I could get an outfit or two from Heavenly Boutique. I actually don’t own anything made by Koy.” Then she leaned closer to hear since it was clear that Azjah wasn’t keen on Soerl hearing and inadvertently saying something to Wil about it. She grinned at the news, “Oh, I can’t wait to see it. I’m sure it’s beautiful. You have really good taste.”

Azjah smiled, “Koy is one of the very best, you will not be disappointed.”

Lydia shook her head a bit, “I wonder if she makes simpler things though. I’ve seen how she dresses. It’s beautiful, but not really me, at all.”

Azjah knew Lydia was the owner of a clothing shop in RhyDin, but she had never been inside the shop, and now she was gathering that Lydia’s down to earth style was what she was most comfortable with. She smiled, “Koy makes what her clients desire, and it always looks lovely,”

Lydia suddenly looked doubtful, “She doesn’t have anything off the rack? Is it all commissioned?”

Azjah’s brow lifted, “She has some things on the rack, but I find I prefer the custom tailored better.”

Lydia smiled fainly, “I may wait a while before trying to get anything custom. I’ve seen her recently, and I know she’s probably close to having her child.”

Azjah nodded, “Yes, she is close,” But she also knew that Koy had help at the Heavenly Boutique.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Baroness von Drachen Walde
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Soerl perked up at that moment, “How long does it take for that sort of thing anyhow?”

Azjah glanced at the Minstrel, surprised he’d been paying any attention at all, “It depends Soerl on what the social calendar looks like, what her backlog is, and how complicated the article in question is.” What she didn’t add was that money talked, as did reputation. “If it’s the height of the social season, much longer than if it’s during a lull.”

Lydia nodded in agreement. “Things at The Stitch have been crazy. With the changing of the seasons and the upcoming festival.”

Soerl nodded, “Oh, I see. I guess I should consider myself lucky I was owed a favor then.” He hadn’t intended to voice it, but he had.

Azjah smiled, “I am certain that they have been Lydia. I confess I have not been into The Stitch yet, unfortunately.”

She was about to inquire what Soerl meant, but refrained instead choosing to address Azjah, “Most of our items are off the rack. I do less commission work than I used to, but Griffith does a lot of that to make up for it. But we’re mostly for, ah, I guess you’d say common people? Not high end at all. It’s why I’ve never considered myself to be in competition with Koy or her store.”

Azjah gave Lydia a warm smile, “For a special day, you shouldn’t be doing your own attire my dear, definitely not!”

Soerl was intently listening now as he leaned back into his chair.

Lydia paused, “Well, I’m doing all my own clothing for the upcoming festival, even the ball. But, I guess you’re right. That’s not at all the same as getting married to someone.”

Azjah smiled, “And then there’s the bridal trousseau, which you need to treat yourself properly with and not try to do it all for yourself.”

Lydia blinked, “Bridal….. True… sew?” Simultaneously, Soerl repeated it as well and blinked at Azjah like she’d turned purple with green polka dots.

Azjah continued completely nonplussed, “For the Festival, of course, doing it yourself is lovely, but your wedding,” she shook her head, “You are special, and deserve special exemption.” She then glanced at each one in turn, “Trousseau, bridal attire… a proper wardrobe.”

Soerl nodded slightly, “Oh, I wasn’t aware it had a fancy name or anything like that.”

Lydia nodded slowly, “Right, of course.” She smiled somewhat sheepishly, “I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about these sorts of things. Where I’m from, weddings and marriages were rare, and I never had anything to do with them there anyways.”

Azjah nodded thoughtfully, “Each culture has its own rules, but there are some basics.” She winked at Lydia. “New Haven, definitely!”

Soerl glanced at them both, “What’s New Haven?” He lifted a brow and looked between them waiting for an answer.

Azjah smiled and changed the subject, “So what are you wearing for the festival, if I may inquire?”

Lydia grinned, “Ah, mostly simple things. Dresses. I can’t describe my ball dress though, since its….” She trailed off and stared at Soerl in disbelief.

Azjah chuckled seeing Lydia’s reaction to Soerl’s question. “Only the finest shopping for specialty items on RhyDin. We would have to go off nexus for better.” Then she smiled at Lydia, “I had my dress for the ball made on Rigel. Baumann was a dear.”

Lydia turned away from Soerl and back to Azjah, “I don’t think I’m going to travel too far for that. New Haven should work. Even if not Koy, I’m sure there’s plenty of designers in that area. Especially considering what I saw during Fashion Week. What’s Soerl supposed to wear?”

“Finest shopping…” Soerl repeated to himself, then his lips twist into a smile as he thinks.

“That all depends on how formal the event will be. Your dress will depend on that as well.” Azjah nodded agreement to Lydia’s comment about fashion week, “That was a fine debut into what these designers are doing.”

As they spoke, a dark chill spread into the Arena and Azjah shivered at the chill.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Soerl perked up at that moment, “How long does it take for that sort of thing anyhow?”

Azjah glanced at the Minstrel, surprised he’d been paying any attention at all, “It depends Soerl on what the social calendar looks like, what her backlog is, and how complicated the article in question is.” What she didn’t add was that money talked, as did reputation. “If it’s the height of the social season, much longer than if it’s during a lull.”

Lydia nodded in agreement. “Things at The Stitch have been crazy. With the changing of the seasons and the upcoming festival.”

Soerl nodded, “Oh, I see. I guess I should consider myself lucky I was owed a favor then.” He hadn’t intended to voice it, but he had.

Azjah smiled, “I am certain that they have been Lydia. I confess I have not been into The Stitch yet, unfortunately.”

She was about to inquire what Soerl meant, but refrained instead choosing to address Azjah, “Most of our items are off the rack. I do less commission work than I used to, but Griffith does a lot of that to make up for it. But we’re mostly for, ah, I guess you’d say common people? Not high end at all. It’s why I’ve never considered myself to be in competition with Koy or her store.”

Azjah gave Lydia a warm smile, “For a special day, you shouldn’t be doing your own attire my dear, definitely not!”

Soerl was intently listening now as he leaned back into his chair.

Lydia paused, “Well, I’m doing all my own clothing for the upcoming festival, even the ball. But, I guess you’re right. That’s not at all the same as getting married to someone.”

Azjah smiled, “And then there’s the bridal trousseau, which you need to treat yourself properly with and not try to do it all for yourself.”

Lydia blinked, “Bridal….. True… sew?” Simultaneously, Soerl repeated it as well and blinked at Azjah like she’d turned purple with green polka dots.

Azjah continued completely nonplussed, “For the Festival, of course, doing it yourself is lovely, but your wedding,” she shook her head, “You are special, and deserve special exemption.” She then glanced at each one in turn, “Trousseau, bridal attire… a proper wardrobe.”

Soerl nodded slightly, “Oh, I wasn’t aware it had a fancy name or anything like that.”

Lydia nodded slowly, “Right, of course.” She smiled somewhat sheepishly, “I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about these sorts of things. Where I’m from, weddings and marriages were rare, and I never had anything to do with them there anyways.”

Azjah nodded thoughtfully, “Each culture has its own rules, but there are some basics.” She winked at Lydia. “New Haven, definitely!”

Soerl glanced at them both, “What’s New Haven?” He lifted a brow and looked between them waiting for an answer.

Azjah smiled and changed the subject, “So what are you wearing for the festival, if I may inquire?”

Lydia grinned, “Ah, mostly simple things. Dresses. I can’t describe my ball dress though, since its….” She trailed off and stared at Soerl in disbelief.

Azjah chuckled seeing Lydia’s reaction to Soerl’s question. “Only the finest shopping for specialty items on RhyDin. We would have to go off nexus for better.” Then she smiled at Lydia, “I had my dress for the ball made on Rigel. Baumann was a dear.”

Lydia turned away from Soerl and back to Azjah, “I don’t think I’m going to travel too far for that. New Haven should work. Even if not Koy, I’m sure there’s plenty of designers in that area. Especially considering what I saw during Fashion Week. What’s Soerl supposed to wear?”

“Finest shopping…” Soerl repeated to himself, then his lips twist into a smile as he thinks.

“That all depends on how formal the event will be. Your dress will depend on that as well.” Azjah nodded agreement to Lydia’s comment about fashion week, “That was a fine debut into what these designers are doing.”

As they spoke, a dark chill spread into the Arena and Azjah shivered at the chill.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Lydia made a face, “Fashion Week was too fancy for my tastes. Griffith kept dressing me up like I was his doll.” Then she shook her head, “I was lucky G’nort attended them with me as my ‘date’.” She rubbed at her arms, seemingly absently as though cold, “I don’t think it will be too formal though.” Then she glanced again at Soerl.

Azjah chuckled, “Formal or not, the shopping is still great fun.”

Soerl’s gaze shifted to Lydia, “Only as formal as you care for, my love.” His shoulders lifted in a shrug. “You know I prefer things to be simple.” He lifted his hand to pointedly glance at his ring, a platinum band, “Proof.”

Lydia pursed her lips, “mmm, I’d prefer it to be relatively simple too. Not too much though. We’re not getting married in our pajamas or anything silly like that.” She shook her head before smiling at Azjah, “I’m sure it will be.”

Azjah chuckled, “And of course, lingerie doesn’t have to be in compliance with the public attire.” Then she grinned at Lydia.

Lord Travanix moved through the entrance. His black clad form remained stiffly formal as he folded his arms behind him and watched for long minutes. Azjah glanced at the door and the one who’d given her the black ribbon that even now she sort of missed.

Soerl perked as a key word came out of Azjah’s mouth, then he peered at Lydia very closely after that.

She chuckled sheepishly at Azjah before turning toward Soerl, “Love, stop undressing me with your eyes.”

Azjah almost told her to let him do just that, but she reined in her comment and substituted, “And ever so much more fun.”

Soerl’s expression decried her charge, “I wasn’t doing that!” But it was a blatant lie if his smirk was any indicator.

Lydia turned to give Azjah a stage whisper, “I think he wouldn’t mind if I married him in lingerie.”

Azjah gave her a conspiratorial whisper in return, “It could be arranged.”

Soerl’s blank expression sought to hide his thoughts, but he took Azjah’s words seriously, “Really?”

Lydia chuckled before rolling her eyes at Soerl. Azjah glanced at him as well, “Of course. For that matter, you could be wed in your birthday suits if you truly desired it.” She was being horrid, but Soerl’s expression was priceless.

Lydia muttered, “Don’t encourage him.”

Azjah worked to maintain an inscrutable demeanor before winking at Lydia. There were colonies where such was the way of marriage vows.

“That might be taking it a little far.” The idea was abandoned in his mind after he noted Lydia’s eye roll. “Simplicity would be best. I’ve never really dressed up for anything before.”

Azjah gave a soft laugh at both of their reactions.

Lydia patted Soerl’s shoulder consolingly, “I’m sure whatever you wear will be fine. Now I’m wondering how we find someone for the ceremony. I don’t even know who does that kind of thing.”

Azjah canted her head at both of them, “I do hope you don’t keep it too small an affair.”

Travanix shook his head before dark eyes slid over Azjah a moment, and her skin prickled. She looked up quickly, but found nothing amiss.

“Can I at least wear my hat?” Soerl asked Lydia, even though the topic had already changed.

Lydia sighed heavily at Soerl before withdrawing her hand, “If you want.” Which was a woman’s code for ‘no’ pretty much. Then she glanced at Azjah, “You really think we shouldn’t?” Then she tilted her head noting the way Azjah was scanning the room, “Is everything alright?”

Travanix smirked a moment as he picked up on Azjah’s discomfort before he turned and headed back upstairs to the Inn.

Azjah shook herself, “I think a comfortable group is idea, but not just the two of you. There are too many who will want to celebrate with you.” She blinked at Lydia’s question, “I suddenly had the feeling of… how do they say it here… someone walking over my grave?”

Lydia frowned a little at the expression as Soerl refrained from grumbling further about his hat. He had gotten that message loud and clear.

Azjah rubbed both arms absently after looking around, “It’s nothing.”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Lydia pondered the saying, “I’ve never heard that before….” Clearly she didn’t think it sounded very pleasant. “Maybe you’re just cold?” She’d noted Azjah’s rubbing of her arms, “It has been getting cold lately. It’s not really summer anymore. And some people are sensitive to that kind of thing.”

Azjah nodded absently, “Perhaps it is time to bring a wrap with me at night.” But she knew it wouldn’t help with this cold.

Soerl asked curiously then, “Do you really think there’d be people wanting to come to the wedding, Azjah?”

Azjah’s pale blue gaze slid to Soerl, “Yes, of course there are. You two know far more people in this town than I do. It makes more sense for you two to have a public event so much more than it does for Wil and I.” Besides, it would be required on Rigel to have the whole cathedral affair which sent a shiver down her spine at the thought.

Lydia demurred, “I really don’t know that many people, honestly.” She smiled, though it was a bitter sweet smile, “Many I knew I’ve grown apart from, and the ones I know now might be too busy to attend.”

Azjah canted her head at Lydia, “You are a shop owner here in town, and obviously you two would like to keep it a more intimate affair, but you might be surprised.”

Lydia still wasn’t convinced, “Maybe. We’ll have to see. It’s not like we’re running off to get married tomorrow, or anything like that, so we’re probably already ahead of ourselves.”

Azjah glanced at Soerl and then back to Lydia, “I cannot say either when Wil and I will make it to the official ceremonies either,” then she took a long sip of the scotch.

Soerl added, “I hadn’t even considered the remainder of this year as a possibility, to be honest.” He glanced at Lydia, “Or even the beginning of the new one.”

Lydia nodded at Azjah, “You two both sound like you live busy lives. But I’m sure you’ll find a suitable time.” Then she blinked at Soerl, “Really?”

Azjah nodded at Lydia, “And, we have an unavoidable trip ahead of us.” She knew with some certainty that things were fare from over with Wil’s former employer.

Lydia glanced at her, “Nothing dangerous I hope?”

Soerl shifted in his chair, “Oh, is there a gift you two would like Azjah? I’m terrible at finding suitable ones, so I thought I’d ask.” He nodded a little at Lydia and then shrugged, “I could be wrong, though. I feel we should approach it as we have everything else. When the time is right.”

Azjah gave him a smile and sipped the scotch before setting it down, “What a nice offer Soerl. I think that Wil and I are inclined toward those things we may share, such as fine wine, a lovely champagne, something that can be shared and enjoyed with friends.”

He perked noticeably at that, “Ah, well, I’m sure something suitable can be located then. A friend of mine fancies a vineyard to the south. He rather likes their grapes, but they make a finer wine.” He grinned at that.

Azjah chuckled, “We enjoy exceptional vintages, and those are made all the better when shared with good company.”

Lydia had fallen silent in her own world as Soerl settled his chair back on to the floor carefully, “I agree with that whole heartedly. It’s been some time since I did anything like that. Just sat around and simply enjoyed a drink and company.”

Azjah gave them both a smile, “Very restful and relaxing. We enjoy sitting in the garden beneath the stars with the fountain murmuring in the background as one of our favorite places to entertain.” It was their favorite place at the Palazzo in fact.

Soerl glanced at Lydia, lifting a hand and placing it upon her shoulder with a questioning expression before looking at Azjah, “Ah, now that sounds like a good place for that sort of thing.”

Lydia had adopted a rather nostalgic expression, she was remembering the times she used to eat dinner at Mille’s. There had always been quite a few people there, and it was always fun, and it seemed to her that it had been forever since such a thing had happened, but she quickly mustered up a smile, “It does, Yes. A very lovely place. I’m a fan of both gardens and fountains myself.”

Azjah grew wistful, “On evenings that permit, it certainly is. Right now, the jasmine is in flower, and that lends a lovely perfume to the night.” She loved watching the season’s progress through the gardens.

Soerl twisted his lips up in annoyance, “I always seem to get wet around the fountains somehow.”

Azjah quirked a brow at him, “The idea is to listen to the water as it dances in the fountain Soerl, not to go swimming.”

Lydia chuckled as Soerl retorted, “Trust me, the swimming is never intentional. Mostly my sister’s fault as well. Bloody incorrigible brat.”

Azjah gave a soft chuckle at that, “The gardens are one of my favorite places. There is something magical about water splashing and gurgling in a fountain.”

Lydia patted Soerl’s knee, “When I was younger, I’d often sneak away to visit the gardens around my home. There were my favorite place to be.”

Azjah glanced around the Arean, “Well, I suppose it is time for me to head home.”

Soerl tilted his head a little after listening to the two of them and lifted his hand to his chin before settling on Azjah, “Safe travels thin.”

She nodded at him, “And to you both as well. Again, my felicitations to you both.”

Lydia agreed, “Be safe getting home, and thankyou for that.”

Azjah paused at the door, “Happiness is a rare find Lydia, grab it while you may.”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Azjah gave him a bit of a surprised glance, “Yes, Wolfgang has the tough job.” She smiled as Lydia snorted in annoyance at something that Azjah didn’t think was associated with her duel. But what it might be remained known only to Lydia. Azjah studied Soerl, “I just need to accomplish the tasks he sets for me. He has to figure out what he wants to do with the realm.”

The Minstrel thought a moment about that, “I don’t think I’ve ever met someone so closely related to a ruler. What sort of tasks does hi give to you? If you don’t mind my prying.” Lydia’s murmur was inarticulate.

Azjah glanced at Soerl, “Well, I have inherited a Marcher title, and as such, my job is to defend or invade the fringe territories. Right now, I’ve got defenses on Lacerta to worry about. My job in this case is not to lose the territory to the Cepheans.”

Lydia’s match finished, but rather than joining Soerl or Azjah, she cut a path toward the bar, and quickly took another duel rather than sit down with them.

Soerl watched her progress, “Ah, I see,” he told Azjah, “Fortunately for me, I’ve never been involved in that sort of conflict before.”

Soerl lowered his feet from the table and stood up, briefly dusting himself off. “Have a good night Azjah,” he offered her a smile and headed for the portal.

Azjah canted her head slightly at Lydia after Soerl departed. “We still need that shopping spree you know.”

As Soerl left, a newcomer slipped through the portal. He was wearing an ankle length coat that licked at his boots as he came through the portal. Azjah waved a greeting to him as his eyes scanned across her face, “Hello.” He said no more as he crossed the sand.

Azjah smiled, not knowing his name, she simply tried to make him welcome. “Glad you could join us tonight.”

Donale quirked a brow, “Are you?” He gave the surroundings a quick study before looking back at Azjah, “And why is that?”

Lydia uncapped her bottle of water, “I think you’re right,” she agreed before taking a small sip. She gave Donale a faint smile before turning back to Azjah, “We picked a date, by the way. Sort of. More of a season…. Spring.”

Azjah’s pale blue eyes slid toward Donale, “We are always happy to have folks join us here. The more the merrier.”

Donale’s stony features softened slightly, “Ah, forgive me. I am unaccustomed to such a welcome.” Then he leaned casually against the nearest palm tree.

Azjah gave him a warm smile, “Nothing to forgive.” Then she gave Lydia one of those “so are you going to share it with me” looks, “And?”

Lydia blinked, “And?”

“And, what date did you choose?” She gave Lydia a laugh before sipping her scotch and canting her head slightly at Donale. “Do you duel Magic, Sir?” Then Azjah smiled at Lydia, “Spring lasts for several months.”

“Oh, well, no actual day yet. It’s narrowed down to March or April. Neither one of us are particularly, decisive people,” Lydia said as she took another sip of her water.

Azjah flashed her a grin, “So we have time to buy up most of RhyDin before then?” She gave Donale a smile, “by the way, I’m known in RhyDin as Azjah, might I inquire your name?”

“I suppose we do,” Lydia chuckled.

Azjah sipped her scotch with a bit of a grin curving her lips, “Well, I found a little shop off the beaten path Lydia that I know Soerl would appreciate.” She gave a conspiratorial smile to Lydia, who lifted a brow in amusement.

“What sort of little shop?”

Donale tilted his head as he considered his answer. “I am Donale Severn, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Azjah.”

Azjah smiled, “Donale, very nice to meet you as well. Are you a recent denizen of RhyDin, or returning? Forgive me for being nosey, I mean no insult.” She flashed him a smile that turned into a full fledged grin for Lydia. “The lacy kind. They have THE most scrumptious personal lingerie Lydia.”

Lydia rolled her eyes, but she was laughing, “Geez, he probably would appreciate that, yeah. Though I’m not sure he needs more encouragement to be a pervert.”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Azjah winked, “Now, now, let him be a pervert. Keeps life interesting.” She chuckled thinking about Wil, and hoping that he’d find the royal blue teddy as intriguing as she did. “I found a lovely confection in royal blue that I simply had to have.”

Lydia smiled, “Hmm, can’t really argue that.” But she quickly glanced around almost as though she were trying to make sure certain perverts weren’t in listening range and getting ideas. Then she glanced at Azjah, “I could probably use something in red.” She pondered her own thoughts for a minute.

Azjah took a sip of the scotch, “They will have something you’ll like, I have no doubt.”

She shot Azjah a grin, “I think it’s more a question of what Soerl would like, moreso than me.”

“Oh, absolutely you have to keep their tastes in mind, but it has to please you too.” Azjah gave a soft chuckle, “An old, old lover once told me that he wanted to see his women all together in a harem girl’s outfit.’ She chuckled remembering Brig’s wistful expression. Not that Azjah had ever tried out that harem girl idea, but at least she knew what would please Brig. She was still learning what pleased Wil.

Lydia pondered, “That’s true.” Then she lifted a brow as realization struck her, “Did he have multiple women at once?”

Azjah nearly choked on her drink, “No, not that I ever knew about, but when I left RhyDin, I know he had many women. Then again, I was gone a long time.” She hadn’t expected Brig to remain solitary, it wasn’t in his nature, but neither was settling down with just one woman. Their lives had gone completely different directions, and those pages of her history were long gone, but fondly remembered.

Lydia nodded a little, “Oh, I’ve always been the very monogamous sort, myself.”

Azjah gave Lydia a smile that bespoke her fondness for Brig, “And he had one of those personalities that attracted women to him. I doubt he’ll ever settle down with just one.” She wouldn’t let her thoughts delve into how Brig maintained his youth, it was more than she was willing to accept. “Yes, his lifestyle doesn’t allow for just one.” She smiled and shook off the painful memories, “So its red you say?

Lydia nodded, “I suppose that sort of thing works out for some people.” Lydia caught the fleeting expression and grew curious, but she wouldn’t pry about it, then she smiled, Yeah, red or maybe purple, it’s hard sometimes to find colors to match my hair thought.” She paused before continuing, “Azjah?” Her words grew hesitant, “I heard what you were talking about to Soerl, earlier. About your station… yeah?”

Azjah hid a smile as she looked at Lydia’s hair, “Yes, that could be problematic.

Wyheree arrived and they both greeted the ice mage.

Lydia shook her head, “Red’s one of the few that goes with it, I think.” Then she grew serious once more, “Anyways, if you don’t mind my asking,” her voice lowered noticeably, “the kind of life you live? Are you happy with it?” She was certain it was an odd question, and perhaps just a touch rude, but she wasn’t learning tact from Soerl.

Azjah canted her head slightly at Lydia, “Am I happy with it?” She pursed her lips in thought, “It is the life I was born into Lydia. There is no real choice for me.” Azjah rose, excusing herself to go change out of her uniform. She planned to return to discuss whatever was preying on Lydia’s mind.

Lydia was pondering Azjah’s words when she walked back through the portal, and offered the blonde a smile upon her return, “So, you’ve never wanted to … get out of it somehow? Maybe leave it and not return?”

Thoughts of the events on Rigel flashed through Azjah’s mind, when she’d considered doing just precisely that to be with Wil, but he wouldn’t let her walk away, and now she was glad that he hadn’t allowed her to give it all up. “Why the question Lydia?” Something was bothering the elf, and Azjah sat down to listen to her.

“Just, curiosity is all,” Lydia told Azjah, but Azjah’s inherent empathy filtered through it, and her words were only partly truth, there certainly were reasons beyond curiosity.

Azjah’s brows winged up, “Leave? How does one leave their inheritance? It would be like asking you if you have ever wanted to leave behind being Elvish. I do not always approve or agree, but my allegiance is to my Kaiser, and my role in it is fixed.” That was putting things on a very elementary plane, but Rigelian’s held to some very old and revered tenets.

It wasn’t the answer that surprised Lydia, but it wasn’t one she was prepared to hear either. Her gaze lowered, just for a moment as she nodded to Azjah before turning away to focus on the rings. Lacking for a better way of getting out of the conversation, she invited Azjah to duel and Azjah gave her the out she so clearly wanted.

Azjah asked if she should inquire what was troubling Lydia, but the elf murmured that nothing was really troubling her, and Azjah simply gave her a dubious look in reply.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Soerl made his way back through the portal as Lydia and Azjah entered a ring. When their duel was over, Lydia smiled faintly at Soelr and followed Azjah back to her chaise. Azjah’s voice was very soft, “Something’s bothering you Lydia, why don’t you ask me the question you truly want to ask?’

Lydia glanced at Azjah and bit at her lip, there wasn’t a single question she wanted the answer to, but, she wasn’t even certain what it was that really did nag at her. So, after a moment of thought, she sighed, “You said before that you couldn’t leave it – your life. You were born into it.” Her voice lowered considerably, “What would you think of someone who did just that though? Left a life they hated, regardless of being born into it?”

Soerl managed an explosion that rocked the beach and Azjah glanced toward the ring then back to Lydia, who never even flinched over the explosion. “I think that each person must decide for themselves Lydia. My world is an unusual marriage of very modern technology and very ancient feudalism. My parents were murdered when I was 17. I am all that is left of the Danaan bloodline, which has served the Empire for many centuries. I would never betray their legacy. However, everyone’s life is unique. I cannot and I will not judge others.”

A frown hinted at the corner of Lydia’s lips, “I’m very sorry to hear that Azjah, about your parents.” She could relate to the loss, it was not a pleasant loss. She knew first hand.

Azjah noted the frown, “Thank you, I was still in the marina when their yacht exploded. I owe them much, but that is my vow and my code of honor.”

Lydia studied Azjah for a moment, her gaze shifted towards the ring, resting on the minstrel. Her voice remained very low, to prevent any possibilities of him hearing her, “I was born…. Into a certain position.” The admission was hesitant and quiet, “I hated that life.” She turned back toward Azjah then, offering a wan smile, “Do I really strike you as the leading type?”

Azjah’s blue eyes held Lydia’s, “leadership in what context? There are many kinds of leaders.” The elven woman hadn’t given her a lot of detail, but Azjah was beginning to follow her lead.

She chuckled, twisting her lips in thought, “Leader of a lot of people.” She reached up to tuck some hair behind her ear, “My mother was essentially, the, well, sort of the leader of the realm. Her word was essentially the law. I was to take her place someday.” She wasn’t even going to touch on the father side of things. Or the entire story, it was much too long. “I obviously didn’t want that. It’s why I’m here, basically. I came here and never desired to return to Veian.” Her boot toe shuffled against the sand as she fidgeted.

Azjah saw as well as felt her discomfort, “Do they know where you’ve gone?”

“Mother’s no longer alive,” Lydia said in very quiet words, “The last I’ve heard, most back home think I’m dead. I’ve had one try to take me back, but that didn’t work out for him.” Her gaze lowered, Fahl was still in Rhydin, and that was a fact that she never liked to think too long on.

Azjah sipped her scotch, “I see. May I ask why you do not want the job?”

Lydia shook her head, “I… just…. I’ve never wanted it. I never would have been truly accepted anyways. Most there hated me. Elves and humans don’t get along at all, and I’m only half elven.” She figured Azjah could guess the other half. “Right around the time I left, there was a war starting between both sides.” She could only imagine how bad things were now. “I’m confident if I weren’t back I wouldn’t live long. And here? I’m actually happy.” Her gaze shifted once more to Soerl’s ring. “I was never really happy there.”

About then, Wil took the portal from RhyDin onto Twilight Isle. Azjah had told him she planned to spend the evening there, and as he pulled up the collar of his leather jacket, he took the last hit on his cigarette before flicking it into the water and walking toward where he could hear voices.

Azjah gave Lydia a thoughtful nod, “Then why should you think your choice was not a good one?” She glanced at the portal as her peripheral vision caught movement and then smiled radiantly when she saw that it was Wil. He seldom came to the Isle, and it pleased her immensely to see him now. He spotted her on her chaise and shot her that trademark ‘bad boy’ grin.

Lydia paused, “I guess I don’t.. No, I know it was the right choice for me. I suppose I sometimes worry what others might think.” She chuckled, but it was almost bitter, “Which is pretty stupid actually.” She gave another glance at Soerl’s ring and sighed. “I’ve not told Soerl what I am, exactly. I’m starting to think I should.”

Wil smiled at Wyheree before moving closer to Azjah, “Hey babe.”

Azjah shook her head at Lydia, “You cannot worry about what other’s think. They are not in your shoes.”

Lydia had caught Azjah’s warm smile upon seeing Wil, and she in turn gave him a pleasant smlle as he joined them, “Did you say something about bad boys?” He winked as he glanced Lydia’s direction, “Hi Lydia.”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Azjah scooted over on her chaise to make room for Wil, “Will you join us my dear?” Then she shot him a quicksilver gin, “Of course I said something about bad boys.”

After Lydia greeted Wil, Azjah studied her a moment, “Yes, you probably should.” Keeping that kind of secret was never a good idea.

Wil sat down with Azjah and leaned in to give her a kiss.

Lydia nodded, then glanced at the ring as Azjah gave Wil a mischievous smile as she figured Lydia wouldn’t want to continue this line of discussion, so Azjah decided to tease Wil just a bit, “Shall we tell him where we are going while Soerl is in the ring?” Azjah savored Wil’s kiss a long moment before handing him the glass of Laguvulan.

Wil took the glass and glanced between Lydia and Azjah, “You two going somewhere?”

Azjah snuggled closer to Wil, “Oh yes, I found the perfect shop for Lydia and Soerl’s impending wedding.” She wondered if Wil would put two and two together.

Lydia turned back toward Azjah with a grin, “I dunno. Maybe you should keep it a surprise.”

Wil sipped the Laguvulan and remembered this scotch from another time, but he choked hearing the girl’s talk, “Oh no, not that!!”

Azjah gave Lydia a conspiratorial wink as Wil glanced at the elven woman, “Lydia, you better rob a bank before going with Azjah… she can shop like no other.”

Azjah shot Wil an absolutely radiant smile as she remembered the royal blue lace teddy she’d purchased earlier that day, “And I believe you will absolutely LOVE what I found there for you.” At his comment about shopping, she lightly poked his ribs with an elbow. With sufficient time, Azjah planned to find out just what things Wil liked and what he wasn’t enamored of in terms of lingerie.

Lydia chuckled and gave Wil a grin, “I think the plan is to rob Soerl, in this case.”

Wil smirked and then chuckled, “Ahh, good plan.” Azjah leaned against him before adding, “Rob Soerl and find a few treasures for us.” At least she hoped they would be treasures. She smiled sweetly at Wil, “Which, by the way, I have.” Her Cheshire cat grin was her answer to his bad boy grin.

Soerl was blissfully unaware of any impending planned theft as he continued his duel with Anushka. Lydia chuckled in amusement as Azjah teased Wil.

“You have? Treasures??” Wil blinked at Azjah then.

“Oh, absolutely,” Azjah acceded as she grinned and reached for the glass of Laguvulan that Wil still held.

He took another sip before handing over the glass, “I love your ‘treasures’, he told her with a smile.

Azjah took a sip of the scotch with an enigmatic smile at Wil before she once again relinquished the scotch back to Wil. She glanced at Lydia, “Perhaps, If you have time, we can finish our discussion over tea and a trip to that lingerie shop tomorrow?” Azjah wanted to see what Wil’s reaction to that might be. He looked between the women and simply whistled innocently, which elicited a slow grin at Wil, “Every bridal trousseau needs fine lingerie for all occasions.” Azjah wanted to burst out laughing, but she managed to maintain her composure.

Lydia turned toward Azjah with a nod, “That’d be great, actually.” Then she grinned, “I hope you don’t mind if it’s a little later in the day though? I’ve skipped enough work as it is. Erin may kill me if I keep it up. I can make myself available when ever it suits..

Azjah was savoring the warmth that Wil radiated, “We would not want Erin to kill you.” She lifted her fact toward Wil, “I’m so glad you were able to come out tonight my dear.”

He leaned down to place a light kiss on her nose, “My pleasure, my darlin’. It’s good to be away for a while.”

Azjah gave him a slow, meaning filled smile, “Agreed completely. So you think I can corrupt Lydia before her wedding?”

Lydia’s pale blue gaze slid toward Azjah, “You think I need corrupting?”

Wil gave Azjah an indulgent smile and nodded slowly, “I’m afraid so.” Then he gave her another lingering kiss.

Azjah chuckled and leaned into that kiss before whispering back, “I’m going to give it my best shot.” Then she winked at Lydia, “Yes, you do. Every bride needs to be pampered, spoiled and corrupted just a little.”

Wil gave Lydia a teasing smile, “And Azjah is just the one to do it.”

Azjah shook her head, “Well, I’m not certain I can pamper or spoil….”

Lydia grinned at the couple, “I’m sure Soerl is going to appreciate you instilling all those values in me. And who’s the one who corrupted you, anyways, Azjah?” Her pale blue eyes shifted pointedly at Wil.

Wil choked then, “Me? Oh no!! I’m afraid she was corrupted long before *I* met her.” His words elicited the lift of a pale brow from Azjah, who questioned that, “I was?” Her gaze slid back toward Lydia, “Never.” Then Azjah added a resolute shake of her head.

Wil shot Azjah a grin, “Of course, I just have that ability to bring it out in you.” Then he decided to stop while he was still breathing.

Lydia was trying hard not to look too amused at the pair, and she simply nodded, trying to appear all sagely and serious.

Azjah, who was just about to sip her scotch nearly choked as Wil endeavored not to smirk, but failed completely. At length, Azjah cleared her throat, “I think silence is the better part of valor right now.” But she was chuckling inside at Wil’s expression. His arm slid around behind her and his hand slowly rubbed her back while they talked.

Lydia gave them a chuckle, “At least in front of me.”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Azjah dropped her head with a laugh, “Lydia? He doesn’t need encouragement! You remember what you said to me about not encouraging Soerl? Apply that logic here.” Then she leaned over and kissed Wil’s cheek. He chuckled at them both until Azjah gave him a serious look, “Red or Blue?” The query was perfectly logical to Azjah, she was wondering what Wil’s color preferences might be, but his expression was clearly one of puzzlement.

“Blue,” he told her at length.

Lydia seemed to think long and hard, “Hmm, if he’s half as bad as Soerl, I suppose he doesn’t.” She gave Azjah a sympathetic look before chuckling, which had Azjah bursting into gales of laughter. “Every bit and then some Lydia!!”

Wil blinked and gave both women a very innocent look, “But I’m such an angel.” He protested.

Azjah gave him an incredulous look, “By what definition of angel?” Then she leaned closer to him, “Wasn’t Lucifer an angel?” There was a bit of the devil himself in Wil, but that was part of why she loved him.

Soerl’s match ended and he made his way toward the trio.

Wil nodded at her observation, “You’ve got a point there, Azjah love.” Then he stood and stretched, and Azjah knew it was time to depart for the evening. They made their farewells to Lydia and to Soerl before making their way toward the portal. He slid an arm around Azjah and they stepped through the portal together.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg

Return to “Palazzo Drachen Walde”