OOC Information

Stories of the those from House Dragoon Talanador, the Company of the Dragon and the Tavern itself.

Moderator: G

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

OOC Information

Post by G »

Like any property, if a story or event is posted in this folder, or uses the GIT/Talanadome/CDR or other such locations created by me as a main part of a story, I ask that permission be asked for first so that those locations are used in an approved manner.

Questions, comments et al are always welcome. Postings are encouraged. And participation is allowed in most situations.

As always, thanks for reading!
Keowen
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Keowen »

::comes out of the bathroom shaking her foot to get the paper off::

You need more toilet paper.

::flees::
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Questions, comments, well wishes, and praises are always welcome, as is critique, so long as it's constructive.

For once, I'm actually enjoying writing, and it's entertaining as well as dramatic and humorous. I'd like to keep doing more, especially with these 5 story arcs G's currently on.

Also, I think I should mention the styles of fantasy I write with information from, it's basically from a knowledge of like, Dungeons and Dragons, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, fantasy. No magic the gathering junk, or any of that futuristic RP styles like Shadowrun or White Wolf.

My Dragons could be found in the AD&D second edition Monsters Manual, if you've got one of those somewhere. ;) And are all power based like that.

Now, that's just for my stories, too. :) So I don't mind what others use.

And.. that'll do for now. :) Enjoy.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

GIT NPCs

Post by G »

I should have thought of this sooner.

The Golden Ivy Tavern has a few NPCs that will always maintain the operational status of the business. After all, how can you use a business without employees? :) There's a couple that have been around already for ages, and have been used in past stories. I'm just going to flesh them out a little bit.

Miss Maude: Housekeeping. She's been working there for years, in her 60's, and has that attitude of "Don't mess with me or I'll get to whoopin' on alla ya's!" She's probably best described as the stereo-typical black housecleaning woman from the old Tom & Jerry cartoons and all that. She probably is best described in appearance as the old Aunt Jemima from the early 50s. She's well compensated for her work, and G'nort has a high respect for her and even he won't get on her bad side as he's felt the smack of her mop more than once.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern: Real names are Lewis and Carter, but G likens them to a pair of characters read from Shakespeare's Hamlet. Characters that are there, but not very prominent in what they do. They're standard teenagers whose job is much like that of a Bellhops. They help with bags and items immediately needed to a persons room, as well as bringing up room service if needed.

Gilgrim: The dwarf who works in the kitchen. A former adventurer who has learned experience in the actual art of cookery. A gourmet chef. He doesn't consider himself a cook, more of a Culinary Artist. Stands just under 4 feet tall, with the standard graying beard but tied to avoid any strands of hair getting into peoples food. Excellently skilled with butcher knives.

Beni and Mick: Stable boys. Mick is a bit of a rough housing teen who is fun, and Beni is the model sycophantic and self concerned.

Tara and Lina: These young ladies handle everything from the mundane business aspects to checking in new guests. Tara is cheerful and happy and her personality seems to be able to make other people smile. Lina is the more serious business type who wants to make sure things run properly so as to avoid any difficulties later on. She will always greet you with a smile, but it's more reflex than genuine.
Last edited by G on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

The Talanadome.

Post by G »

The Talanadome.

Located in the capital city of Trigole, the newly built dueling arena set to house the Company of the Dragon Dueling Club has, at long last been completed and christened. The new Arena has been officially named after the teams Owner, benefactor, record holding duelist and captain G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, can host a seating capacity up to 21,000 screaming fans. It was built with a modern style and through the ingenuity of gnomish technology, so therefore hosts a large scoreboard hanging over the center ring. The walkways include numerous food courts and merchandising stands. There are four rings in the center of the building, with three rings in a triangle formation with the fourth located in the center. All four rings are within easy reach of the "dugouts", one for the home and one for the away team. This new arena has been officially and affectionately named "The Talanadome."
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

I think that in the ensuing months, I'm going to be developing a story for G that will keep him away for a while. I'll be writing for him while concentrating on development of other characters.

I'm not sure of the seriousness of the story, but there will likely be dramatic parts as well as adventure and comedy. It'll likely follow the lines of my favorite types of movies. It will likely have encounters with characters from my favorite types of games, movies, and books, though these established characters will be more along the lines of cameos, and should be taken into context of no more than fan fiction would be. Although as with most fan fictions I've had the misfortune of reading, established characters will not suddenly turn into man on man sex scenes. That's not what established characters do.

As I gain ideas for how this extended story will play out, I'll probably post bits of information regarding it.

I'm not entirely sure how it will play out with me playing G as well. My guess is that the times we see G in a public room now will be times before his coming adventure, and if I finish the story, it will be after the adventure.

Also, if any characters might want to tag along, let me know. I'd be willing to have sailing/adventuring buddies. :)
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Tara
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tara »

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the hilarious room play which resulted in your awesome story, G. I really enjoyed reading it! And I am honored to have been a part of it. You had me rolling last night with your one-liners! Tara is going to go bananas over this Fish Eye comb too!

I also want to thank you for taking the time out to play with me, in general, and for not only lifting my spirits but renewing my faith in RP and for convincing me that RP between our two respective sites is indeed possible.

I do not always say the right thing but I like to think that despite that, I am adult enough to admit it when I am wrong. And I was absolutely wrong about our two sites and some of the things I said about you, personally.

I know I apologized to you both on my blog and privately but I want to do so again here, because I want it on record that I was out of line with my comments concerning you a year ago. You didn't deserve it, I was unbelievably unfair, narrow-minded, foolish and even juvenile, to some degree. I had no right to judge a book by its cover, simply because you play over here at RoH, which isn't as bad as I once thought.

In point of fact, I have been having more fun with the RoH crowd in the last six months than I have with the RDI crowd in the last three years. And that's not a slight against them, in any way, it's just the truth.

I am, very, sorry and I am sincere when I say that.

You are an absolute delight to play with and I am so angry at myself for not giving you a chance sooner.

I hope we get to see more of you at the RDI and I predict G's going to be quite popular with all the RDI ladies very soon once they see what he can do with you at his helm. :: wink ::
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

The first few times I read this, I could only say Wow. I mean, I've thanked you a lot for the recent play we've had together, because lets face it, it's been fun, funny, and awesome. I'm glad I've been inspired to write something based off of room play. I very rarely do. I can't thank you enough for the good times you've given me in less than a week. My faith in RP has been renewed as well.

I, too, had a preconceived notion about you, mainly based off of what little I've seen in posts, who you've played with, and the sorts of responses I'd gotten. Thankfully, my memory is horrible so the details of anything you may have said to or about me is pretty much forgotten. But all I had of you was that feeling that, well, I didn't like you.

It's amazing what that first night of actually playing with each other can do.

I'm sure I may have said several negative things about you in the past. Can't entirely be sure what because again, my memory is horrid. So, I offer a blanket apology to you for that. It thrills me that I have made a difference in the way you view both our sites being able to play together. It's a real accomplishment to me. At the same time, it's helped me to come over and play more in the RDI. So, what me playing with you has done for you, it had the same effect for me.

I have a new view on the RP of both our sites, and you've helped me to see it. I think the reason why it worked now is because it's come from someone who I didn't really ever see myself getting along with, and by a twist of random fate, not only do I get along with you, but I'm having a blast playing with.

It goes to show you, people can change, forgive the past, and start with a clean slate. Thank you for showing me that, and proving me wrong.

Awesomesauce. Here's to many more fun RP sessions!
Tara wrote:I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the hilarious room play which resulted in your awesome story, G. I really enjoyed reading it! And I am honored to have been a part of it. You had me rolling last night with your one-liners! Tara is going to go bananas over this Fish Eye comb too!

I also want to thank you for taking the time out to play with me, in general, and for not only lifting my spirits but renewing my faith in RP and for convincing me that RP between our two respective sites is indeed possible.

I do not always say the right thing but I like to think that despite that, I am adult enough to admit it when I am wrong. And I was absolutely wrong about our two sites and some of the things I said about you, personally.

I know I apologized to you both on my blog and privately but I want to do so again here, because I want it on record that I was out of line with my comments concerning you a year ago. You didn't deserve it, I was unbelievably unfair, narrow-minded, foolish and even juvenile, to some degree. I had no right to judge a book by its cover, simply because you play over here at RoH, which isn't as bad as I once thought.

In point of fact, I have been having more fun with the RoH crowd in the last six months than I have with the RDI crowd in the last three years. And that's not a slight against them, in any way, it's just the truth.

I am, very, sorry and I am sincere when I say that.

You are an absolute delight to play with and I am so angry at myself for not giving you a chance sooner.

I hope we get to see more of you at the RDI and I predict G's going to be quite popular with all the RDI ladies very soon once they see what he can do with you at his helm. :: wink ::
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

Post by Mercedes »

Just an FYI--

I edit a large amount of text out of logs from public rooms. So, frequently players that have been in the room don't get added to the log or mentioned if it doesn't relate to what the topic of the scene is. This isn't meant as a slight to anyone and I hope it isn't taken as one.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to all of the players I watch rp or interact with; you guys make this wacky pastime fun.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Love the action figure idea!

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Goldglo wrote:Love the action figure idea!
--Matt
I've had "Fytco Toy Company" as something of G's for many years. It's on my Gnort.com/rping page along with Fyren Refrigeration Services and Choco-Coffee Ltd.

Since the Ads came out on the side, it kinda inspired me to do some photo-editing. And since CDR used to have a Merchandise section(including the Ladies of CDR calendar and perfumes, and other gadgets) that I have no idea where the hell it went, I figured it was a good time as any to start more merchandise. :D

With Pictures!

Wait for G's Ex-Wives set, Asian Invasion, and Settings Playsets!
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Koyliak
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fashion Police

Location: The Heavenly Boutique - Where Dreams Become Realities

Post by Koyliak »

I JUST saw the action figures - hilarious! The G'nort one borderline belongs in an adult toy shop ;) Awesome work!
Koyliak "The BobCrusher" VanDuran-Simon
Owner of the Heavenly Boutique
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

Love the Xanth figure! Just wanted you to know I was paying attention!
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Action figures = AWESOME
Candy Hart
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Hardest Ever

Post by Candy Hart »

Agreed!