Xenograg Division: Kalamere Ar'Din(6) vs. Percival(11)

Moderator: Cassius Gaius Maximius

Xenograg Division First Round: Kalamere Ar'Din vs. Percival

Poll ended at Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:36 am

Kalamere Ar'Din
70%
Percival
30%

Total votes: 10
Cassius Gaius Maximius
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Gentleman Farmer

Xenograg Division: Kalamere Ar'Din(6) vs. Percival(11)

Post by Cassius Gaius Maximius »

Kalamere Ar'Din

Race: Like Jaycynda Ashleana, Kalamere is a human/elven hybrid. His elven heritage has been particularly prominent in his dueling career: Kalamere's style in the rings always emphasized a general stratagem of rapid strikes and evasions, a stratagem that has doubtlessly been both influenced and aided by elven dexterity. In addition, Kalamere's elven blood has been said to help stave off the effects of aging and physical wear and tear; for example, he was a combatant in the 2007 and 2008 DoS Madness tournaments, several years after the retirements of virtually all of his traditional rivals.

Point of Origin: Unknown.

Occupation: Rumored to be of royal blood from his homeland, Kalamere is also rumored to have spent time as an assassin.

Preferred Weapon: A pair of daggers, both of which were made of solid silver. Although he never named these daggers, they were amongst the most famous and renowned weapons in the Arena during Kalamere's prime.

TDL History: 23-20 over seven seasons, although only three of these seasons were spent signed to a team. Kalamere was signed to Team Loincloth during Seasons 515 and 516, before signing to Team Pheonix in Season 517. Former TDL Champion with Team Pheonix in Season 517. Best full season was 6-3 in Season 517 with Team Pheonix. Dueled for multiple teams as a Free Agent until Season 522.

DoS Titles Held: 2-time former Overlord(2nd reign, 2 defenses), former Baron of the 2nd(1 defense), former Baron of the 5th(1 defense), former Baron of the 7th.

Challenge Victories: Xenograg kathu-Darelir(OL Challenge), Duke Leto of Covington(OL Challenge), Perrinis Alabaster(Baronial Challenge-7th), Ellisa Morgan(OL Defense, shutout), Damon Black(OL Defense, test), Billy Ray Karnafexx(Baronial Defense-2nd/Right of Challenge in ToW, vs. OL's Champion--yes, you read that right), Shar Tahl Yasafel(Baronial Defense-5th).

Notable Tournament Wins/Placings: Spring 1997 WLT finalist; there was a degree of controversy involving this Warlord's Tournament when Kalamere entered the finals undefeated and lost to one-loss bracket champion Damien Cetran, who refused a tie-breaker duel. This, and a similar incident that occused later in 1997, led to the current "mandatory tie-breaker duel" rule being adopted for WLTs by the year's end. Placed in the Tournament of the Original Nine Baronies, winning the newly minted 5th Ring as a prize.

DoS Madness History: 2007: Seeded 4th in the Dalamar Division; lost to Charlie Nausikaa in the first round. 2008: Seeded 11th in the Xenograg Division; def. Tony Graziano in the first round, lost to Xeric Mues in the second round.

vs.

Percival

Gender: Male. While I don't usually make notes in the "Gender" section, it's interesting to note that much of Percival's dueling career hinged on his romantic life. A complicated romantic/friendly rivalry with Siera Redwin directly resulted in his singular Overlordship win; a similar situation with Adeena Maeax while he was Baron of the Sixth led to her famed connection with that particular ring when she defeated him to win it. While not involving romance or romantic intentions, a quarrel with Baroness Kaprielle D'Argent during the first-ever Baronial Council meeting led to him being challenged and defeatd by D'Argent's lover at the time, Devion Silverblade.

Race: Human.

Place of Origin Britain, at some point between the year 500 and 1400.

Occupation: Knight. I should note(at the very least, it'll get the guy mentioned in this thing) Percival is not the same duelist as Duc Percival Marchand de Clermont, a 14th century French knight with extraordinary capabilities to resist physical aging who was a Warlord during the Age of Dalamar. Percival(this one) was rumored to have been a distinguished member of the Arthurian Round Table.

Preferred Weapon: Unknown...but given his era of origin and his knightly calling, probably some form of sword. If anyone knows, please speak up.

TDL History: 2-3, in Season 515 with Team Loincloth. This means that he was a TDL teammate with his All-Time Madness first round opponent...which also means that, as they have never faced each other in the DoS challenge ring, that there is no "map" for this matchup.

DoS Titles Held: Former Overlord, former Baron of the 3rd(1 defense), former Baron of the 6th. Percival held the Third Ring for a year; I believe he was the first duelist to hold a titled rank for a year's time.

Challenge Victories: Siera Redwin(OL Challenge), Lyon ThrakHath(Baronial Defense-3rd).

Notable Tournament Wins/Placings: Summer 1995 WLT finalist; won the vacant 6th Ring as a prize.

DoS Madness History: N/A.

Head to Head: One unique thing about this matchup: Whereas most first-round matchups in this tournament Are a mixture of eras and styles, this one more or less wholly represents the early period of DoS's history. Also, I'm going to add this because there's no other place to: Percival achieved 100 WoL, one of the first duelists in the Arena's history to do so.
Morgan le Fay
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Morgan le Fay »

OOC: I had a hard time on this one as it was Percival that introduced me to DoS way back when DoS was still in People Connection but just after it was separated out from the RDI PC room, and Kalamere (and Jake) were my next two oldest friends after that.

Also, both Kal and Percy refused to join Morgan's harem.

Jerkth. <-----channeling Marx.

I had to pick Kal because at least he still flirted with her and called her darlin' despite his cold-hearted rejection. Percival was always "blah blah chivalry honor dark sorcery blah blah blah oo... Banda's so pretty."

Hope this kind of commentary is OK; it just amused me that it wasn't an easy decision to make, for either dueling or RP reasons.
Morgan le Fay
Cassius Gaius Maximius
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Gentleman Farmer

Post by Cassius Gaius Maximius »

It's more than acceptable...it's encouraged : )
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

I like the write up Cass, thanks =)

~Kal

Return to “All-Time Fantasy Madness”