InterGender War - Feedback Requested!

In the semi-regular battle of the best, who'll come out on top?!

Moderators: DUEL Jaycy, Staff

DUEL Jaycy
RoH Official
RoH Official
Location: Her ship, with various friends, or at the dueling Arena and Outback

InterGender War - Feedback Requested!

Post by DUEL Jaycy »

Hi guys!

First, I am sorry it took some extra time to get the last two weeks out.

Second, now that it's over, what did you think? We're especially looking for feedback from those who have never really been in the thick of IGW before - if IGW runs again, we can know what works and what needs improvement.

What did you like? What did you hate?
Last edited by DUEL Jaycy on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

A couple things right off:

1) I'm thinking there should be a limit to the bonuses, like 10-16%. Or limit the bonus per win to 1%.

The only one where the winner had a lower base percent than the second place person was DoM Male. It doesn't seem too big a problem for the bonuses, but I kinda don't like the bonuses counting so much for the overall. I think the limit is a good balance between bringing in the bonuses and not making them too powerful.

2) Dueling minimums.

I stated earlier in IGW that the ideal was to get one duel every 2 weeks and that historically it happened to be pretty close to that. Obviously DoM and DoS didn't do that this time (they had 4 duel mins, DoF had 5 again). I like the concept of no one really knowing exactly how many duels they need (it's part of the strategy, of course) but I do agree that 4 might be a little low. I still don't believe it should be more than a duel every 2 weeks, though.

The obvious solution is just increasing the limit every other week. My question is, though, is it worth losing the strategy aspect of trying to know how much to duel to get the consistency of a duel every 2 weeks?
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

As an aside, we do have Achievements in the works for the IG. More info to come on those asap. I will list the suggestions we have so far so you know not to ask for them. :)

Code: Select all

- For the leader of each sport: I'm to sexy for this sport.
- For the over all leader of each gender: I'm to sexy for this ring.
- Get x(5/10?) Intergender wins in a sport: Sex Appeal.
- Win a Magic IG match: Sex on the beach.
- Win a Fists IG match: Bringin sexy (out)back
- Overall Winner, All Three Sports male and female
- Winner for Each Sport, male and female
- Winning Gender Badge
Any suggestions aside from those would be cool, though there's no guarantees they will be done. :)
----

As to other suggestions.

Perhaps callers putting up their reports asap, within like, 24 hours, and also callers must properly identify duels as IG duels. It makes sorting through the reports and formulating standings TONS easier and quicker.

From a community standpoint, more trash talking or story related things put up for all to read, similar to Aya's posts. Everyone loves competition. :)

That's about all I can come up with right now.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.

Return to “InterGender Wars”