Challenge for MoonBeryl

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Jigglypuff
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: Rhydin Public Library - Strange And Magical Creatures Division

Challenge for MoonBeryl

Post by Jigglypuff »

To Rachael Wynter,

The creature known as Jigglypuff issues challenge to you for MoonBeryl, the yellow Opal. Please contact me for your preferred date and time for the event to take place and I will see if it suits the creature's schedule.

Truly,

Allyse Mayworm
1st Level Caretaker
Strange and Unknown Creatures Division
Rhydin Public Library
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

A parchment was tacked to the corkboard. The message that it contained was written in an exceptionally precise handwriting.

Madame Mayworm,

Per the official rules of Opal challenge, I respectfully request that this request for challenge for MoonBeryl be resubmitted when it is technically valid, namely the twenty-seventh of April, 2012.

Rachael Wynter
Keeper of Air
Senior Keeper
Holder of MoonBeryl
Jigglypuff
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Jigglypuff »

To Rachael Wynter,

Per your request for delay to fulfill the challenge-free period allotted to you as a result of your recent victory, the creature known as Jigglypuff hereby re-issues challenge to you for MoonBeryl, the yellow Opal now that the 27th of April has arrived.

I will continue to serve as the creature's proxy for the purposes of communication.

Truly,

Allyse Mayworm
1st Level Caretaker
Rhydin Public Library
DUEL Kheldar
Asst. Coordinator
Asst. Coordinator

Post by DUEL Kheldar »

This challenge is now valid and may proceed.
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

A parchment was tacked to the corkboard. The message that it contained was written in an exceptionally precise handwriting.

Madame Mayworm,

Now that the challenge for MoonBeryl has been both properly presented and officially validated, you are to contact me to arrange a time and date for this challenge to take place.

Rachael Wynter
Jigglypuff
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Jigglypuff »

To the Dueling Community,

The match between the creature and Rachael Wynter will take place on May 14th and begin no earlier than 10pm. The creature will be ready at that time.

Truly,

Allyse Mayworm
1st Level Caretaker
Rhydin Public Library
DUEL Candy
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Candy »

This challenge went down tonight. I called it. Started it once Rachael Wynter and Jigglypuff arrive. In the Can, Rach took the first bout, 5-2 in 7. Some woman showed up and complained about the creature not being ready and said the match shouldn't have started without her. The Puff then went on to win the next two matches, one in the Fern at 5-3 in 8 and the third in the Pit at 5-3 in 8 again.

MoonBeryl passes on to Jigglypuff. Well tried Rachael.

Code: Select all

Rachael Wynter .vs. Jigglypuff
Ring MoonBeryl Challenge

Rd. | Rachael / Jigglypuff | Score

01. |   JA / JA   | 1 all
02. |   SW / JK   | 1 all
03. | FaDO / CH   | 2 - 1 Rachael
04. |   JA / SW   | 3 - 1 Rachael
05. | FaDU / FeJK | 3 - 2 Rachael
06. |   JA / SN   | 4 - 2 Rachael
07. |   JK / FaLE | 5 - 2 Rachael

Rachael Wynter .def. Jigglypuff, 5 - 2 in 7

01. | FaDO / JA   | 1 - 0 Rachael
02. |   JK / JK   | 1 - 0 Rachael
03. |   JA / JA   | 2 - 1 Rachael
04. |   FL / FeSN | 2 - 1 Rachael
05. | FaDO / FeJK | 2 all
06. |   JA / FaAB | 3 - 2 Jigglypuff
07. |   SW / SW   | 4 - 3 Jigglypuff
08. |   JA / FaDU | 5 - 3 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff .def. Rachael Wynter, 5 - 3 in 8

01. |   JA / FaDO | 1 - 0 Jigglypuff
02. |   SN / SW   | 1 all
03. |   SP / JK   | 2 - 1 Jigglypuff
04. | FaDU / JA   | 2 all
05. |   JK / FaAB | 3 - 2 Jigglypuff
06. |   JA / FaDO | 4 - 2 Jigglypuff
07. | FaDO / SN   | 4 - 3 Jigglypuff
08. |   JA / FaAB | 5 - 3 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff .def. Rachael Wynter, 5 - 3 in 8
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

To the dueling community,

I have reviewed the recordings of the incident that took place after the MoonBeryl challenge match six days ago, wherein Candy Hart, the current holder of FireStar and representative of the Outback via her status as dueling caller, did willfully cause injury to an Outback patron after the conclusion of the match.

I have spoken with Ms. Hart as well as her victim, Ms. Mayworm. I have watched the match and the aftermath in entirety and have drawn the following conclusions.

While Ms. Mayworm's behavior was somewhat abrasive and her demeanor far from inviting, that behavior cannot excuse nor justify Ms. Hart's intentional attack upon Ms. Mayworm. For those of you not present, Ms. Hart assaulted Ms. Mayworm with an in-the-back kick, toppling her into the Pit which resulted in numerous injuries to Ms. Mayworm.

While the challenge match had concluded at this juncture, and while Ms. Hart had shed her calling vest, her actions are inexcusable both as a patron of the Outback, as an Outback employee and as a citizen of Rhydin. Instead of attempting to settle her differences with Ms. Mayworm by further conversation or within the confines of the ring in a duel, Ms. Hart elected to engage in an unprovoked blindside assault. Furthermore, upon witnessing the result of her actions (namely, Ms. Mayworm lying unconscious in the Pit), Ms. Hart willfully and callously turned away and began engaging in conversation with others. Two other Outback patrons - Seirichi and Krusolis - extracted Ms. Mayworm from the Pit. To the both of you, I give my thanks.

On behalf of the Outback and its callers, I issue my sincerest apologies to Ms. Mayworm. I have agreed to cover the medical expenses that have resulted from Ms. Hart's actions. As for Ms. Hart, I have elected not to dismiss her from her calling duties outright. Instead, I have placed her on probation (the terms of which Ms. Hart is very much aware) for a period of no less than six months.

In addition, for the next three months, all of Ms. Hart's calling pay will be turned over to charity, including but not limited to the Benson Boulevard Initative and the Rhydin Guard Widows & Orphans Fund.

Again, I apologize to Ms. Mayworm and to the dueling community as a whole; Ms. Hart's actions in no way reflect the values held by myself or the Outback's staff. Similar offenses by anyone will not be tolerated or condoned.

Thank you,

Matthew Algiers Simon
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Assault and battery are pretty commonplace for the Outback. IT'S THE OUTBACK. It shouldn't be discouraged, in fact it should instead be encouraged. Especially considering there were only, like, three fights last week anyway, unless I've forgotten how to count.

I am a firm believer of punching (or in this case, kicking) things and people that annoy you, and since you stated yourself that Candy had "shed her calling vest", which by the way sounds pretty enticing, I will happily funnel my pay as an alternate caller to cover her losses.

You're getting soft in your old age, Matt.
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

I'd agree with Harris if the bruising and bleeding was something more legit than a sneak attack.

Two things you shouldn't do.

1) Waste time on weaklings you know you can beat. Unless you severely limit yourself to make it a fair fight.

2) Attack a person from behind.

Should of just gave her the backhand, Lady. Rear your pimphand back and just smack the words out of her mouth, she would of seen it coming and it would of been better than almost drowning the woman in mud.

PS. Matt, I saved the day. Can I get free drinks at the Outback now?

~ Seirichi

Keeper of Wind, Air, Whatever.
Diamond of the 69
I held PathFinder too
Forgot my other titles but I think a cats claw?
Liker of Kalindas boobs
Slammer of Harris into a table
Would be buyer of Koys designs if I wasn't lazy
Banger of Mia
Something about fitting a sprite can in my mouth - I still don't understand that, Mia
I almost forgot. The most terrible duelist of all time.
Candy Hart
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Hardest Ever

Post by Candy Hart »

Sneak attack? She had warning before I gave her the boot.

- Candy
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Two things you shouldn't do in any altercation, verbal or otherwise.

A) Turn your back on a potential opponent.

B) Expect mercy.

Fair fights don't exist. It's a myth children are taught, like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. I'm surprised Seirichi doesn't condone attacking from behind, considering how fond she is of rear-ending.
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Shouldn't that be "being rear-ended"? And while I'm on the subject of rear-ending. My offer still stands, Harris.

C'mon. You don't attack weaklings. That'd be like wearing stilettos and crushing a kitten for no real reason. I still stand by my should-of-pimp-smacked statement. Because it would of been a better sight to see.

But, you know.. Candy's like a little pitbull. Don't put a baby in front of her and not expect it to be mauled.

~ Seirichi
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Stapled to the board, written on lined paper with a Sharpie marker:

Disappointed, but not surprised.

JJMC

Return to “The Outback”