Challenge for MoonBeryl *

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Challenge for MoonBeryl *

Post by Rakeesh »

Koy,

It has been several years since I've had the pleasure of facing you in the Outback. I challenge you for MoonBeryl. May it be as good of a brawl as ours have been in the past.

Sincerely,
Rakeesh Sah Tarna
When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

[OOC: Twitter is the best way to stay in touch. <3]
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Rakeesh,

Still wondering what's damning? Words. Actions. Yours. Again.

Until you begin to truly act in a manner that's cohesive with your claims and your supposed worry over children and dream-thieving mages, it's difficult to take you seriously. If you're truly concerned about the citizens of this city and believe Myr'Khul cultists are running rampant, you ought to be spending less time in the rings and more time waging war against these enemies of the people.

You write over in the Arena that you're stretched to the limit, under a great deat of stress, ready to break. And yet you dally in challenges, seek glory within the rings, openly covet the added stresses of title and rank. You obtained a Barony, then the Overlord's Mantle and now you seek an Opal. Incredibly, you're now seeking to not only re-launch but captain a revitalized Champions of Mythos team. Are you truly ready to break? Truly at your limit? It doesn't seem likely.

Words. Actions. Yours. Pretty damning.

I received your letter. You ask for my help - I will give it here and now. Focus your attentions on the Myr'Khul, on proving the damages you claim they're causing. Stop seeking selfish accolades; stop spending time in the rings and spend it with those you claim need your help, our help. Duel less, follow your alleged convictions more.

A duel with Koyliak - the "pleasure of facing [her]" as you write it - is something easily obtained without a challenge. If you want MoonBeryl, have the decency and respect for her and for this sport to just come out and say it. Stop trying to hide behind ineffective and thinly veiled words - we all see right through them.

Still wondering what's damning, Rakeesh?

Words.

Actions.

Yours.

--Matthew Algiers Simon
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

I'm not incredibly familiar with the Outback's challenge system. I know there's a grace period, though. Does it apply as well to when someone has just won it, and if so has Koy waived that. If not, and if Koy has waived the option, then this can be disregarded. I'm just personally curious on it.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Koyliak
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fashion Police

Location: The Heavenly Boutique - Where Dreams Become Realities

Post by Koyliak »

Rakeesh,

I believe both Matt and G raise valid points.

If you simply would like a friendly duel, I am happy to oblige at the Outback one night. If you would like MoonBeryl, I do not waive my grace period and I believe it is still in effect (if I am wrong someone please correct me). Unless this challenge is valid, I do not accept it.

I have tried to refrain from dipping my toes too deeply in the destructive whirlpools you seem to create everywhere you go these days but you are making it more and more difficult to do so.

I'm not sure what is worse: the disrespect your actions continue to show for the variety of citizens and institutions in this city or that you continue to mask it under the delusion that you are epitomizing all that is good and proper.

If you want MoonBeryl, say so and say so when it is valid.

-KVDS
Koyliak "The BobCrusher" VanDuran-Simon
Owner of the Heavenly Boutique
DUEL Kheldar
Asst. Coordinator
Asst. Coordinator

Post by DUEL Kheldar »

This challenge is valid as the grace period for a newly won opal is seven days.
Koyliak
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fashion Police

Location: The Heavenly Boutique - Where Dreams Become Realities

Post by Koyliak »

Thank you, Kheld.

Rakeesh,

I stand corrected on the grace period. But I hold to everything else said, including Matt's point about your priorities.

So which is it you want, a good fight or the specific desire for an Opal? I will meet you in the rings for either one.

-KVDS
Koyliak "The BobCrusher" VanDuran-Simon
Owner of the Heavenly Boutique
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

Koyliak,

Rakeesh Sah Tarna has reached out to various groups within the city capable of aiding him in his venture to clean up the mess in Old Temple, both caused by his publicly irresponsible actions and by the alleged presence of Myr'Khul insurgents in the district. Matthew Simon has been invited to attend this meeting and offer his advice, as Rakeesh is ready to listen and lend his sword behind a publicly supported plan of action.

He acknowledges the necessity for him to separate his personal agendas from his profession, which is - first and foremost - that of a duelist. He is eager to face you in the ring for the right to hold MoonBeryl, and speaks much to his appreciation of your ability. He has chosen to challenge you out of that great respect for your prowess.

For all other inquiries beyond the rings, he is happy to to address them privately or in person.

For all debts that come from the ways of sword, fists, or wizardry, Rakeesh will pay those debts in the only way that matters - in the rings and with blood.

Erasmus Van Winkle
Champions of Mythos, INC
Public Relations Manager

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

DUEL Kheldar wrote:This challenge is valid as the grace period for a newly won opal is seven days.
That's what I was looking for. Thanks!
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Post by Andrea Anderson »

I really try not to be negative, but this is becoming too eye-roll worthy. It's nice to know that our new Overlord can't speak for himself anymore.
Maria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Maria Graziano »

This right here is why every respectable team has a Seirichi or a Maria Graziano.

MG
Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Post by Spell »

Mine future body, AKA Koyliak,

I have sacrificed 7 babygoats to the Blood God X'guth so that you may be victorious in your challenge.

Your body, as it will one day become mine own, cannot be damaged!
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

I have spoken with Koy, and the challenge will take place on Friday, March 8th at 10pm (EST). If there is anyone who would like to officiate this match, it would be greatly appreciated.

Norah Vanderhildt
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Norah Vanderhildt »

Topical Cupcakes (Located in New Haven) is providing some treats for the visitors to the Outback on Friday, March 8th!

Lemon Chiffon Cupcakes!
Rekah Illyriana
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Rekah Illyriana »

Oh me! Pick me!! I want to call this!

Please!

XoXo,
Rekah
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

Thank you, Rekah. I would be honored to have you officiate.

Return to “The Outback”