OOC: Post BETA Rule Changes and Launch Announcement

Out of Character message board and info for the Duel of Guns
RDL Yuknon
Adventurer
Adventurer

OOC: Post BETA Rule Changes and Launch Announcement

Post by RDL Yuknon »

Here are the few changes I've made based on BETA playtesting and the data I've gathered. Please let me know if you have any other thoughts on the new or old rules. I may make more changes, but will finalize all rules one week from now (Friday, 3/14) when I announce the DoG Season One Launch and Schedule.

In short:

- I've improved Pistol Whip slightly to make it more useful and comparable to Ricochet.
- I've weakened Cryo Ammo slightly by not allowing it to "freeze" two moves when it beats an opponent's combination.
- I've slightly improved Chaff Ammo to make it more useful, by letting it work as a pseudo-counter against both Ammo and Combination mods.
- I've made significant changes to the Permanent Death system by removing the "INJURED"/SAVES system requiring you to spend WoL to stay alive.

Below are the more specific details and new rules for the above.

Matrix Changes

- Pistol Whip now scores a full point against Energy Shield, instead of half a point.

Ammo Changes

- Cryo Rounds: If you score points using this modifier, your opponent cannot use the technique that they used this round again for the rest of the duel. If you score against your opponent's combination, only their defensive technique cannot be used again for the rest of the duel.

- Chaff Rounds: Only accessible by the duelist with Desperado ranking, or limited uses earned through tournament rewards. If you score points using this modifier, your opponent scores no points this round and you apply any Ammunition Skills that they used this round against them. If you lose to an opponent's combination technique, you score one point and they can score no more than 0.5 points.

Permanent Death Change

Any duel that a character loses by 3+ points is considered a Wounding Shot, IF their opponent scores on them in the final round with either Shotgun Blast or Grenade Toss. That character may continue to duel, but if a character suffers two Wounding Shots on the same night, that character dies permanently. A character that dies during a duel will be marked as DECEASED on the standings and may not duel again in Duel of Guns.

Return to “G&A OOC”