G.U.N.S. Overwatch

A place for the stories that take place within Rhy'Din
Aaliyah
Adventurer
Adventurer

G.U.N.S. Overwatch

Post by Aaliyah »

The Past...

Business as usual, one would say. Oracle didn't know how Control expected her to ignore that one of her team was critically injured, probably thanks to his actions. She could see the signs, signs that had Ryan worried. Control was trying to reign in Kali and Brutus. He was trying to assert his authority on two very strong willed people.

Oracle and Brutus were not allowed in the therapy sessions. Kali was not doing well. She was sullen, angry and uncooperative. She ignored their instruction and did as she pleased according to the evaluations. They did not note that what she pleased was probably better than what they told her to do. They did not care that Brutus was ready to kill them for preventing him from seeing her. They did not know that Oracle was listening.

Oracle was at that one-way glass monitoring the situation. Kali was like a caged animal, tense and isolated. Her own face was unreadable as she watched the mess unfold.

"Ain' right, Oracle." She heard that familiar rumble behind her. Brutus was just as tense and isolated. She knew then what she had to do...

"Agreed, Brutus. Time to end this farce." Oracle replied as she moved for a desk.

"'Ow will ye stop it?" He sounded very much on edge.

"Watch and learn." She replied evenly as she scooped up some blank papers into a plain folder. Oracle walked imperiously into the room and handed the folder to the Orderly. "New Orders, Simoes is to be cut loose."

The Orderly was looking like he was sucker pounched. "but... but..."

"Are you countermanding an order from the Director?" She said silkily as she delved into his mind and made him see the proper forms. In G.U.N.S., each team was assigned a Psy-operative. With Overwatch, the Psy-operative lead the unit.

"No, Ma'am." He replied and moved to enter the info.

Oracle wasted no time in reaching Kali. As the door opened, the usually sullen glare was replaced by a look of surprise.

~Move, Kali, before that idiot realises he's been duped.~

~The hell!?!~ Kali swore as she grabbed her stuff.

~Control is pulling the strings... Keeping you from Brutus. Me, I'm done with this game.~

Kali arched a brow as she regarded the blonde. ~Why should we matter to anyone?~

There was shrug as Oracle led her out. ~You matter... I'm one of the few in this hellhole that gives a damn if nothing else. Brutus needs you.~

~Brutus would never admit it.~ Kali countered as they moved.

~I'm not stupid, Aaliyah.~ Oracle countered. She had seen the signs herself with Ryan. ~The man is kicking himself in the ass.~

~It's not his fault.~ Kali replied quietly. ~Where is he? Why did he not come for me?~ Oracle could feel the anger at that.

~They turned him away. He's waiting for you even now.~ Oracle answered that for the other woman.

~Only you and Kofi came, Sasha.~ Kali continued, ~I knew you were there... Listening.~ She looked ahead, ~I owe you my life.~

Oracle held back the urge to respond. She didn't have a chance. Kofi rushed up to them, crushing Aaliyah in a bear hug. The woman unconsciously leaned into the big man. "(vq) Kofi, you came..."

"Brutus would never abandon his Kali."

Oracle shook her head, "Let's move it before Control is alerted."
Aaliyah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aaliyah »

The Now...

Control was in a pissy mood and that made Kali crazier than usual. For Kali, crazy was an art form, a way of life. Yeah this wasn't the *let's see how popular this week's stunt makes me.* This was along the lines of *get out of my way before I rip your face off.*

She really hated the way Control tried to assert his *control* with these extended missions. Yet, neither complained overly loud, the money was good and you couldn't knock the incentives program... much. So here she was, playing *nice* with people as she got a lay of the land... Think of the money...

So what that she had ended up with her PTSD getting worse and sporting a shiny replacement appendage? It was only her left arm she had lost. The official statement was training accident. Accident her aunt fanny...

She scowled as she keyed into the conference call. She hadn't even had time to get a cup of coffee in her before dealing with that idiot's smirking face. At least there was one bright spot in this.

He was in one piece and probably feeling just as irritated. In the field though, Brutus was all business. The only indication he noticed anything was amiss was the faint arch of a brow at the t-shirt she had chosen to wear.

Aaliyah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aaliyah »

The Now...

The Merc was sitting at the bar evaluating some messages on the panel her left arm sported, "Nonono... Who the frag taught you how to hack ICe... You brainless..." The merc's words trailed off into some not so nice words that were not suitable to young ears and the like.

Doors slid wide for him, there was nothing special about that, they did the same for most. He was stuck in his head for a bit, the door itself was the key, reminding him of the ones he closed in his own thoughts every day. His smile was the same one he wore always. It mattered little if it were walking into a bar, or standing over a field of burning corpses. He only let his guard down for one person, and even that was something so private that no one knew it happened. Kofi was in full tactical gear tonight, caring little about the exposed weapons he carried. A pair of nine millimeter pistols sat at his hips, they saw far less use than the knives that ran diagonally across his chest, or the sharp machete that was shethed along his thigh. His gaze found someone he was interested in seeing, so he crossed the bar and took the stool next to her. "I hear, ya been blendin' in with the locals. This place gettin to ya?"

She glanced over her shoulder and gave a smile, "Somewhat... Though I can see why you like those duels." The smile was one of the first real ones in a long time. "When'd you get in?"

Kofi looked to the watch on his wrist. "Finished debriefing and came here. Wasn't sure I would find you, but it was a place to start." He tapped in an order for a longneck, and waited for it to come to him. "It's a good place to keep your reflexes honed." He grinned taking up the bottle and twisting off the top. "Not much of a mission really." He figured she would understand that meant there wasn't much fight from the soldiers on the other side. "I hate these petty insurgencies with their under-trained armies."

"Still took you long enough there. Was beginning to think Herbert was up to his usual shyte again."
She muttered as she looked over the messages. "I've actually run into someone I think I can call... a friend." She hadn't had a real one since Oracle's defection, so she was cautious.

"That wasn't my decision... they wanted to use our presence to force a surrender. Eventually I got tired of waiting. There will be no need of surrender now." His smile disappeared into a long pull from the bottle. "This... friend, tell me about them." He wasn't jealous... exactly, despite the way his grip tightened on the brown glass in his hand.

"Her name is Valentina. She's different... got magic and stuff. And just as much a loner like us." She murmured and laid her right hand on his arm. "You know I can't stand to let any male close to me unless it is a fight." The last was said for his ears only.

"Different? Magic aside, does she understand what you do?" Her touch had a calming affect on him, but then he was sure she knew it would. It was less about another man than it was a loss of intimacy. "What we do? Not many would accept it, if they knew the whole truth."

"No, not... yet. Hints, but I do not trust easily. Place is crazier. Easier to hide what we do, shift the blame to others." She did not move that touch. "Just less empty without my Brutus." She knew he was also protecting her. Sooner or later, people turned against them once they learned. She hated that part. At least she wasn't truly alone, she had her partner.

Kofi's hand moved to one of the pockets in his vest, the velcro tearing away under fingers that reached inside and pulled free a data card. "Possible new clients, but due dilligence. We need to know they are who they say they are." He slid it across the bartop to her. "This came from the Herbert's little b****." He knew he didn't need to say the name, Aaliyah would know. "I never trust the things she gives us to do."

She frowned at that, "Does she want the team, or just... us?" She took the card and slotted it into her arm. The screens came up in a holo display so he can see what she saw.
Last edited by Aaliyah on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is confession, not the priest that gives us Absolution." ~ Oscar Wilde
Aaliyah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aaliyah »

"Just us, almost feels like she wants us otherwise occupied while she makes a move." He didn't doubt there was a real job there, but he wasn't going to take anything offered at face value. "It isn't always easy to keep her out of my head. She doesn't like some of what she sees though. I try to keep those images at the front of my mind whenever she's near me."

She scowled at that. "I've warned her to tread lightly. There are times I wonder if Oracle wasn't right when she ditched." She growled at the thought of Lisa's trespass.

"She is persistant, but I find she has an aversion to the job we pulled on Prince Chukua, or rather on the children. For some reason those always drive her from my thoughts." He placed a hand on her cheek affectionately. "I'm not completely defenseless Kali."

She leaned into that touch. "The Prince should have listened. But then Lisa is squimish around blood and violence. She doesn't like to get *dirty.* Much like Control." She mutters softly. "Hmm, I can't find anything out of the ordinary on this one, but knowing them... Both of us, hmm? Odd, this one is extreme prejudice. They want this to be a slaughter house."

Kofi looked at the displays and grunted. "It feels like a carrot, something they believe we can't pass up. If we don't take it, they'll know we suspect something. If we do, then we have no control over what they really have planned. We need someone we can trust to keep watch, and report to us. Someone that Lisa can't read."

She murmured, "There's only one... Styx." She shook her head, "He hates them more than we do. That's the only motivator."

"I don't think Styx likes anyone Kali, at least not on our team. Maybe you, but definitely not me." Kofi's face looked toward the floor, deep in thought. "Do we trust him Kali? Really trust him I mean?" Styx was a wild card, perhaps the only one more apt to lapse into a killing spree than the two sitting at the bar.

"Because our team is the dregs. He's got grudging respect of our methods, even if he likes to bait you. But Psi can't read him, he's like a null to them... It's an advantage we can't afford to lose. Trust... That's tougher, Control has his kid somewhere." She frowned.

"Why haven't we just eliminated her?" He'd said it before, already knew the answers, but it was nice to think about. He was still looking for a good training related accident that could push suspicion away from Kali, he cared less about himself in this matter.

"Because it is something they would do, so they are wary of it. We'd almost have to tempt the.. children to move against her." She flexed her left hand as if to prove a point. She knew the lengths he would go to protect her. She would do the same for the big man, thus the caution.

"That could be arranged perhaps. If we provided the right intel to them... We could allow them to find us, leave a file to be found in our haste to get away. Then this mission..." He pointed to the display. "Would put us out of reach for a while, make our cover easier to get back into when we return."

"If the girl and the cyborg do not see through it as well. She is cut from the same cloth as Oracle... Except she exhibits the same null that Styx does." She murmurs pulling up the files on the Outsiders. "It would be easy to entice Karl. He is much like you."

"We'd have to cut it very close on the egress. Even allow them a glimpse of some of us. Karl would be the one to use, that's certain. Their devotion to each other is their weakness. Perhaps we should take him, hold onto him until they come to get him out?"
Aaliyah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aaliyah »

"No, not him... The girl, Hel." She murmured, "We need him hot... killing mad. Taking her would set him off like a powder keg."

"Agreed, the only other question would be, who do we sacrifice? This will be scrutinized far less if there are casualties on our side." He was being Brutus now, calculating what would be an acceptable loss if it would convince the outsiders they'd won a victory.

She pulled up a couple of dossiers, "Scopes and Decker. They have both been less than... adequate." For the first time in a long time, Kali was herself. She warmed and relaxed when Brutus came out to play.

"The sniper and the heavy equipment operator? I never liked how cocky Scopes is. We could do far better, no... We need far better. How hard is it to drive a tank anyway?" Kofi resisted the urge to comb the database looking for replacements, that could be traced and would give away too much. "I think they fit the butcher's bill."

She chuckled softly. "Then we are in agreement. And if they prove less than cooperative, accidents do happen in the heat of battle."

"They do. First we need to pick up the girl. Do we have intel on her movements?"

She nodded, "She will be easy if their guard is down. They are like us... The dance, the clubs will give us adequate cover."

"Then it is time to gain some new assets. How many of the men at the door can be bought? All we need is a phone call. That will keep us from being spotted. I think we know a few that fit what we need." There was an advantage to frequenting the club scene. It allowed them to be recognized as regulars and get in when others couldn't.

There was a smile to that, "I can easily blend in as well. Show a little skin... distract the door." She murmured.

"I'm afraid I don't have that particular skill set." Kofi looked at her with something more than a casual glance. "But then, I don't really want to have it either."

There was a light graze of lips across his cheek. "Which is why we do so well as a team, my Brutus."

Kofi lost his grin at the kiss. "I think the rest of this can wait an hour or two. Where are you staying?"

"I secured us a safe house not far." She murmured.

"And is the bar stocked?" He was rising from the stool and waiting for her to join him.

She laughed huskily at that, "With only the finest and your favorites."

One arm pulled her in to his side, hand cupping her hip possessively. Kofi headed for that door once more, this time there were thoughts in his head to block out all others. "Maybe three hours then, Kali."

She laughed softly, "We have all night." And out she went.

(Much love for Kofi Nyatefe)

Aaliyah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aaliyah »

The Past...

“Overwatch, report.” Came the smooth voice over the wave. Gods, she hated that voice.

“Mort in position.” The sniper radioed back from the hill he was on. Sadistic bastich was only there for the killing, much like her and Brutus, but he reveled in it.

“Radius in position.” was the response from the Psy monitoring activity near the target.

“Brutus in position.” She resisted the urge to smirk when she heard that voice. Good... I know I can trust my backup.

“Hel in position.” There was a reluctance in the assassin's voice that was undetectable unless you were looking for it. She understood the lack of choice well.

“Styx in position.” That rasp was also reluctant, but he was more obvious about it.

“Kali in position. On my mark, move in for the CEO.”

“Remember, extreme prejudice.” Control's voice reiterated. He didn't have to remind her or Brutus... That was the way they rolled.

Kali looked at the digital display on her arm. “Mark.” Within moments, she had the security network and the power-grid on lock out. “Showtime, bring him to me,” Kali murmured as she slipped into that place in her where only one person was allowed to venture.

She smiled listening to the comm. Hel and Styx were all business as they essentially herded their prey. Kali could hear the shots being fired and, as their mark drew closer, his labored breath. The man was by no means in shape and she could hear him wheezing. It would be easy to scare him to death, make his heart give out, but that would be too clean...

No, Control was sending a message here.

She waited for the tell-tale hiss of the pneumatic door before stepping into view with both of her heaters drawn. “My, my, Senator, you have been a naughty boy.” She purred staying to the shadows.

“Who's there?!?” He was panicked, scared. He reached into his jacket and pulled out a small energy pistol.

Kali was faster with her own blaster and shot the pistol out of the Senator's grasp. “What would your constituents say if they learned you have been cheating on your wife? Or that you have been embezzling campaign funds to maintain your lifestyle?” She purred as she stalked towards him.

“What – You have no proof!” He was sweating and trying to find a way out of this trap. He turned to the door, only to find the way blocked by two more figures, Styx and Hel. The operatives names were oddly appropriate.

“Oh, we have proof, Senator.” She smirked keeping her heaters trained on the legislator.

“Please, I'll give you anything you want...” It was so disgusting to watch them beg without thought to dignity.

“You should have thought of that before you initiated that corporate take-over bid. Management is very displeased with you.” She said as she squeezed off on one of her blasters.

One shot, one hit, one kill... That's all it takes to make a suitable statement. “Kali to Overwatch, CEO complete. Pull back to the extraction point.”

Last edited by Aaliyah on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aaliyah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aaliyah »

The Now...

The loud strains of heavy metal music filled the training area of the compound the team was currently occupying. A far cry from the beats and the dance of the clubs. Of the team, only Brutus and Styx had the guts to approach her when she was in this type mood. Of the team, Brutus was the only one who could get close to her when she was in any mood. That wicked sword flashed as she swing it against the training pells with her right hand. She didn't need to train with her left, the cybernetics ensured powerful cuts. But she needed precision with her right.

Now I've told you this once before
You can't control me
If you try to take me down you're gonna break
I feel your every nothing that you're doing for me
I'm picking you out of me
You run away
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone

It wasn't the losses that had her upset. Loses in that Arena meant she could analyze and find her deficiencies. No, there had been several things that have been annoying her. The camaraderie... She had a brief taste, yet those team banners in the Arena drove home the fact that she was on her own in these. They didn't even know her fully... Her gains had been on her own merits. She wasn't given the chance to train with one of the veterans. But she wasn't going to beg either. She had her pride. She could lie to herself and say she didn't need them, but it did sting. Just hold her head up and never let them see you stumble.

She did have her one friend. She was grateful for that bit of loyalty. But she was also afraid of loosing that if the truth came out. After all, who wanted to associate with a butcher? The kills may be legal... Well, Quasi-legal, but that was splitting hairs. The money was the excuse; the true need was exorcising the demons of Kenshin. Her demons... Demons that would plague her as she tried to sleep. Demons that swarmed her when he was not there. Yet his absence tore into her each time she fought...

You're always hiding behind your so called goddess
So what you don't think that we can see your face
Resurrected back before the final fallen
I'll never rest until I can make my own way
I'm not afraid of fading
I stand alone
Feeling your sting down inside of me
I'm not dying for it
I stand alone
Everything that I believe is fading
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone

Did it matter that Brutus did not bother to see her fight? It did. They had been partners and more for so long, the seeming indifference hurt. Was this what he felt those years ago when she pulled back from him? No, probably not, though that situation was far worse. She could lie to the others and claim she did not care. Only Brutus and perhaps the assassin could see otherwise. The three of them were the constant core of Overwatch, though the assassin was unwilling...

And now its my time (now its my time)
It's my time to dream (my time to dream)
Dream of the sky (dream of the sky)
Make me believe that this place isn't plagued
By the poison in me
Help me decide if my fire will burn out
Before you can breathe
Breathe into me
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone

The sword flashed as she took her anger out on the makeshift pells in the compound. She needed the pounding, aggressive rhythms of the metal. The drums were more primal than the electronic beats. They felt real... alive. They spoke to her in a way that the Electronica did not. The Electronica was for the play hunt, seduction in her mind. The primal beats of the metal was battle... the fight. Exorcising demons...

Feeling your sting down inside of me
I'm not dying for it
I stand alone
Everything that I believe is fading
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone
Inside

Kofi Nyatefe
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Then

Post by Kofi Nyatefe »

He couldn’t retch anymore, the smell grew worse every day, but there was nothing left in Kofi’s stomach to bring up. Dry heaves came and did their best to tear him in half. It seemed like there were more bodies than there was space to place them. Three days since he’d dared to come out of hiding, and another three of terror as the massacre that was Kenshi province went unnoticed by the world. He could still see the soldiers’ joy, and hear their raucous laughter as they brutalized the bodies that lay strewn like straw in a horse stall.

The face of the commander came to mind as Kofi dragged another of those bodies to the mass grave. Its bloated form let out putrid odors as gas belched from every orifice. The man was frightening, the killing fields seemed not to touch him. He’d walked among the dead for three days rooting out those who tried to hide among the bodies. These, the man had named coward and set to torturing them for that sin before he would kill them.

Another body rolled into the pit on the other side. There were a few survivors, Kofi didn’t know any of them. Many of still wore the fear on their faces, others looked guilty. A handful, allowed their selves to be angry. Kofi looked at how one man and his band could affect so many people. They were all victims, Kofi included, but even at eleven he knew they would all be again. None of the emotions he saw could defend against the sheer brutality that had swept through his village.

Ash lifted from the flames and settled onto Kofi’s arm as he rolled the body of a woman who was missing her head and both hands. He brushed it away and looked up to see more of it rising into the air with the oily smoke. Like the Phoenix, Kofi would rise with those ashes. He would be no Phoenix, the monster born on that day would rise from the ashes. He would track down that commander and all of his men and make them pay with their lives. Then the monster would become that commander.

He wouldn’t be alone in his efforts for long. Other survivors with a thirst for vengeance would come along to help. Only one of them would stay. She would say nothing about how ferociously he would treat those who stood against them. She would name him Brutus, and give life to the butcher alter ego. She wouldn’t turn away as they grew older and started to take on mercenary work, not even when he turned his savagery from the target onto his family. She was no stranger to the need to kill with prejudice. He too would not dare to judge when she became Kali… his Kali always.

Aaliyah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aaliyah »

The Now...

Aaliyah was watching a recording on her display. She frowned at her performance in Swords and did slightly better in Magic. Big surprise there. The draconic creature, Chythraul, had been a formidable opponent. Much like that Matt Simon. She respected both, but had the feeling she was more likely to clash with Colonel Simon if push came to shove... Outside the venues, she was one of those that skirted the laws. The way her team perferred to operate.

She liked very few of the other patrons, but only Valentina's friendship was cherished. She was protective of the woman for some odd reason. Polar opposites and yet, Valentina had more to her than she let on to the world. That much was evident in how she fought. Aaliyah took a pull of the beer that was on her right side as she considered things.

Drills - absurd things that he felt a waste of time and talent. The higher ups liked them though, spit and polish had an appeal that was nothing like the death and despair those men would leave on a battlefield. Kofi hated the dress uniform, hated inspections that had little to do with capability. He did suffer their existence though if for nothing more than the chance to continue in his chosen profesion. The commendations pinned to his chest were much like the pomp, hollow lies meant to be impressive. He showed his disdain for them as he stepped through the door with the way the uniform was unbuttoned haphazardly. "You missed a rather boring parade."

“Another of those useless displays of military prowess." She muttered softly, "And I was on the roof line for it." When she was not required to appear, she chose to sit behind the scope. At all times during these Dog and Pony Shows, Brutus was a target. A target she was guarding at a distance. She tossed a glance over her shoulder. "I get one benefit from being on the sidelines."

"Just one benefit?" he found a seat next to her facing the opposite direction so that he could see her better. "The way I see it, you didn't have to stand for hours being scrutinized. It makes no sense, soldiers who stand are the first ones to fall. Somehow it's what impresses the backers most though. I guess they just haven't the stomach for the real thing."

"Armchair warriors." She murmured acidicly, showing her disdain. "I've had my moments, you know that. My benefit is the view *I* get." She smiled at him.

"I'd take the trade, a chance to watch you crossing the green in uniform would be a nice way to pass the time." He slipped a piece of paper across to her, it had only one word on it, the name of a night club. "Recent activity." He knew that she would understand what he meant without having to go into too many details. "What is the best lure? For a fish the size we're looking for?"

"I can be bait." She took the paper and glanced at it with a nod. If you wanted something done right... "I trained the girl." Her voice was low, almost subvocalizing what she was thinking.

It was dangerous, probably more so than anything else she'd had to do recently. The biggest advantage was going to be surprise. Aaliyah knew what was coming, the girl would not. "Fine, I'll be the trap then. It's time to plan routes, and come up with contingencies against the unforseen." How badly things could go wrong depended a lot on whether things you ruled out as impossible suddenly became reality. "With this group, I would not be surprised to find the entire team suddenly took up loud music and strobe lights."

"We know Lazarus and Sledge prefer the quiet. Especially Sledge. Sif has never shown the inclination and I only expect Oracle to manage to figure it out, but we can have Styx there if need be. The only question mark is the green haired female that has been sighted with Sledge." She knew Crown was not an issue and Nemesis was to be expected.

Kofi gave a nod. "Intelligence is one thing, dumb luck another. We'll do this and plan like we may encounter them all. It isn't likely, but it is best to at least exercise the precaution. Some of the locals will do as a distraction I think. No sense in completely exposing our team."

"Not our core at least. The rest of the team is negligable..." She nodded and tapped on the screen.

"You have a team in mind already?"

"Put Decker in as backup. Let them see him... Put the target on his back." She smiled at the thought.

"If they catch him, we should make certain that he can't talk. Maybe we keep our own target painted on him as well." There were names that could be pulled for that job as well. He could do it himself, except he wanted to be there when Delia was subdued.
Aaliyah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aaliyah »

"That contingancy is already planned for... him and Scopes." She murmured. "I also want the rest of the team kept away from her. I don't want... him getting wind of this." She also did not want their team thinking the girl was fresh meat. She could trust Styx and Brutus, not the others and certainly not Control.

"This isn't exactly our mandate from on high. We'll keep it just between the two of us the real mission goals. Let the team believe we are just trying to pull them out of hiding with some well placed gunfire."

She nodded, "I want to include some information to sweeten the deal for the Outsiders ..." Now or Never...

"Like what?" Kofi watched her expression for any indication of what was in her head.

"I want to remove his leverage on Styx." She spoke lowly. She rolled the dice on Kofi supporting this idea.

"How?" He kept his voice low as well.

"There is a hostage. I want to get her into Oracle's hands before that old degenerate turns his gaze in her direction." There was a bit of a sneer at the thought. One of the reasons she truly hated their employer.

"Won't that make Styxx gravitate towards The Outsiders?"

"It might. It might tie him to us ... a debt owed." She considered both angles. "But considering that we wanted to arrange a little... pain for Mnemosyne and Control." It was worth the risk. Styx would want a way to strike at their employers. So what if they were giving him an avenue.

"It could be worth the risk. I'd go ahead with it." More plans, at least they served to help bury the conspirators.

She nodded and tapped a few commands on her arm. "Anything else we want to consider?"

"Maybe where we'd like to take a little time for ourselves." His grin was far from subtle, but a little fun in the sun seemed appealing right now.

She laughed softly to that idea. "Hmmm, Sun, sand and sinfully alcoholic drinks?" Yes, it was an idea she could get behind. It meant getting some uninterupted time with him.

"It's been a while, I think we'd be welcome in a number of old haunts."

"This is true. Any number of people would cover for us too. Favors owed." She was thinking of generating an alibi for their part in this. Though they both knew, Nemesis would see through it. Chip off the old blockhead he was.

"I agree, though I think we want to be very visible. No suspicion to be thrown our way for Delia's little disappearing act."

"I can tranq her inside the club and get her to the vehicle.” The mind was travelling down several paths with the planning.

The nod was small. "I think it is about time I got out of this... Care to come along?"

"Do I get to watch?" She smirked as she asked.

"Of course, can't have a day of observation cut short now can we?"

She laughed, "Or get very hands on." She shut down her cybernetic displays and slid off the stool. Those mocha eyes traveled along the uniformed clad man.

He stood up, and waited for her to join him. "Hands on is what I was hoping for actually."

She moved into his side. "I thought you would never ask."

His arm went around her almost instinctively as he headed for the exit. "I do like to keep you guessing sometimes."

Return to “The Streets of Rhy'Din (shared)”