Spring Talon/Beltane 2015: Defend the Honor of the May Queen

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Gabby
RoH Official
RoH Official

Spring Talon/Beltane 2015: Defend the Honor of the May Queen

Post by DUEL Gabby »

Duel of Swords is excited to announce the Spring Talon Tournament will be part of the Beltane event schedule!

Duel of Swords will be hosting a jousting tournament on Saturday, May 9th at 8PM (EST) in the Southern Glen Clearing (The Arena on RoH) to decide who is worthy to hold the Talon of Redwin AND defend the honor of the May Queen! The tournament will be single elimination with no limit on entrants and all wins will count towards rank!

Don't have a lance, horse, shield or armor? NO WORRIES! Everything needed will be supplied.

Lances:

ImageImage

Armor:

ImageImageImage

Shields:

ImageImageImage

Horses:

ImageImageImage

Let's not forget about the various booths and stalls set up in the clearing for food and drinks.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

For those that might be a little cautious...we've hired some fantastic wizards to place a warding spell in the jousting field so no one is permanently injured. If the wards in the Arena don't work for you then these won't either and G says you will need to sign a waiver that releases him from any liability.

So, sign up below and try your hand at this old school form of combat!
Last edited by DUEL Gabby on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

The Waiver Form:

The Undersigned, hereafter known as The Duelist ("Releasor") voluntarily and knowingly executes this release with the intention of eliminating liabilities and obligation against the Arena Staff ("Releasee"), described below.

1. Release of Claims

Releasor hereby releases Releasee from all liability for claims, known and unknown, arising from injuries, mental and/or physical, sustained by Releasor in the "Incident" as follows:

The Spring Talon of Redwin Beltane Jousting Tournament: "Defend the Honor of the May Queen".

Releasor understands that, as to claims that are known to the parties when this release is signed, any statutory provisions that would otherwise apply to limit this general release are hereby waived. Releasor also understands that this release extends to claims arising out of the Incident that are NOT known by Releasor at the time this release is signed.

By executing this release, Releasor does not give up any claim that he or she may now or hereafter have against any person, firm, or corporation other than the Releasee and those persons specified, and for the Incident described, above, in this release agreement.

2. Consideration for Release

Releasor has received good and adequate value (consideration) for this release as follows:

The privilege of taking part in the Talon of Redwin Beltane Jousting Tournament, wins occurring within that tournament to be added to the Releasor's personal record, and if taking first place in said tournament, the Talon of Redwin title and dagger, to be held until the next cycle's tournament.

Releasor understands that Releasee does not, by providing the consideration described above, admit any liability or responsibility for the above described Incident or its consequences. By signing up for this event, you agree to the terms of this release. and additionally, the Releasor intends to bind his or her spouse, heirs, legal representatives, assigns, and anyone else claiming under him or her. Releasor has not assigned any claim arising from the Incident to any other party.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Annnnnd just like that my interest is gone.
Last edited by Seirichi on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maximus Shimmer-scale
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Maximus Shimmer-scale »

I will join.

~MDS~
You just don't get it. There isn't a thing I don't cherish!

What we do in life echoes in eternity.
Jade Alcar
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: Currently? In this Rhy'Din...which is really weird.

Post by Jade Alcar »

I would like to join!

~Jade
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

I have a horse and my own kind of armor. Count me in.

Mairead Harker
-------------------
Maggie's waiver is also undersigned by Rhiannon Harker.
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Amara Minx
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Amara Minx »

Sign me up please, this thing needs a bit of Minx in it!

Mars
Black Knight
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Black Knight »

I will be entering.

- Black Knight
Rhupert Jenks
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Rhupert Jenks »

Sir Rhupert Jenks, fresh from the lists of The Kingdom of Cleverlee will join the Joust.
Aegraine
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Aegraine »

I, Aegraine , being sound of mind and up for some adventure, would like to sign up for the Joust.

p.s. Is this covered by Rhydin Medical Insurance? I might need it.

Ae. Bailey
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Aegraine wrote:I, Aegraine , being sound of mind and up for some adventure, would like to sign up for the Joust.

p.s. Is this covered by Rhydin Medical Insurance? I might need it.

Ae. Bailey
That's why there is a waiver for signing up. We are not responsible for injuries occurring within this tournament and any insurance questions should be directed towards your insurance company. By signing up for this event, you agree to the terms of the waiver.

Hope that helps!
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Spider
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Spider »

I will enter. Are horses the only steeds permitted?
~L'Elghinyrrok Orbb Zauvirr~
~35th Holder of the Ring of Klytus~
~39th Talon of Redwin~
~57th Archmage of Twilight Isle~
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

The Spider wrote:I will enter. Are horses the only steeds permitted?
At this time, for safety purposes and in the interest of not spooking out the other horses and therefore gaining an unfair advantage, my initial impression is that it should be horses only. Also, none of the female horses should be in heat. That would also be considered unfair.

Everyone should joust fairly and equally!
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Spider
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Spider »

G wrote:
The Spider wrote:I will enter. Are horses the only steeds permitted?
At this time, for safety purposes and in the interest of not spooking out the other horses and therefore gaining an unfair advantage, my initial impression is that it should be horses only. Also, none of the female horses should be in heat. That would also be considered unfair.

Everyone should joust fairly and equally!
I had heard that your surface 'war horses' were highly trained and inured to fear. My spider steeds are thus no advantage as long as these jousts do not involve climbing walls and ceilings, such as for a siege. But if I must use them, I am capable of riding your four-hooved beasts.
~L'Elghinyrrok Orbb Zauvirr~
~35th Holder of the Ring of Klytus~
~39th Talon of Redwin~
~57th Archmage of Twilight Isle~
Talon
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Talon »

I ride wolf

it hungers :twisted:
- Talon Daevane
Shadow House of Daevane