Retirement

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

Lem DeAngelo
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Retirement

Post by Lem DeAngelo »

June 2015 has been my scheduled retirement since last November, and the fated hour is closing in quickly. It's been a pleasure playing with you all over the years, but my retirement is nearly here. At long last my wife and I are expecting a baby girl in a little less than 8 weeks from now so we are in full baby prep mode. My early work hours have made it a little difficult to find time to be very involved here, and I can online imagine my free time will be further diminished with a new baby.

It's been right at 18 years since my first duel back in the AOL days. It's been tremendously fun, and I consider myself fortunate to leave things in Claire and Rena's capable hands. Of those 18 years I have a wide range of fond memories, but if I had to pick one moment in time I think it would actually be playing the 2nd season of Hydra with the players of Jake, Candy, Mur, and Apple. They're all great players that I really enjoyed getting to know better during 2013.

I wish I could write something about everyone here, but that would take too much time. There are a few people I really want to thank though:

Kalamere and Jake - For their help with the DoM standings which used to be 100% manual. I've asked them countless questions over the last few years about standings, history pages, etc. and they've always been willing to help.

Rena & Claire - Thanks for your hard work and making it easy for me to step aside.

Napoleon, Jesse, Xanth, Harris, G - Thanks for making me laugh over the years. Your characters are hilarious.

Amal and Xeno for providing a place for us to play.

Sarah for calling DoM duels for several years.

Matt for lots of advice.

Everyone who has ever volunteered for RoH. There are countless hours of volunteerism that go on behind the scenes.

Everyone who has ever called a duel, and especially those that have called regular shifts.

All of the players who keep the game going through storylines, duels, and general RP.

If I had only thing left that I could say, I'd simply remind everyone that it's always more fun to play with each other than it is to play at each other. We all have the same interest in making RoH more fun, we just sometimes disagree on the best way to do it.

I will still be around for a few more weeks as we fully transition, but I wanted to go ahead and make this post now since I posted Lem's IC Adventure Time post.

I'll always be an email/IM/PM away if anyone ever needs to reach me for a question or just to catch up and chat. Hopefully I will also make it back someday when things slow down. Until then, it's been fun. I wish you all the best.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Re: Retirement

Post by Andrea Anderson »

Lem DeAngelo wrote:but if I had to pick one moment in time I think it would actually be playing the 2nd season of Hydra with the players of Jake, Candy, Mur, and Apple. They're all great players that I really enjoyed getting to know better during 2013.
Hit me right in the feels, man. Beat Down 4 Lyfe.

It's always a blast to play with you, Lem. And it was great working with you over the years with Duel of Magic events and everything else. I'm going to seriously miss you being around. I wish you and yours the best and have fun with the baby!
Blue
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Blue »

Hey Old Dude,

I didn't know you nearly as well or as long as many on here, but I enjoyed being your mentee and I've always loved watching you write or duel. I hope your days are good and your afternoons filled with naps.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

We'll be expecting this little one to be the next billion time Archmage in about... let's say five years. Yeah, that sounds good.

No but really, good luck with everything. It's been a pleasure learning as much as I have thanks to you!
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Post by Jake »

You'll be missed, Lem. You did a good job with DoM, and it was always a pleasure to work with you!
Zack Alcar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Zack Alcar »

Later Lem! Wish you the best from here on out, and like many others have said. Was always a blast to see you out and about and in play.
Ahni
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ahni »

Claire Farron wrote:We'll be expecting this little one to be the next billion time Archmage in about... let's say five years. Yeah, that sounds good.
THIS.

Congrats on the little one, and have fun! Lots of fun! You're awesome and will most definitely be missed. ♥♥♥
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

Thanks for all your hard work over the years, Lem.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Congratulations to you and your wife on the baby. I wish you the best of luck and as few sleepness nights as possible.

Thank you for all the work you have put into DoM. You'll be missed.
Shadowlord
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Shadowlord »

Lem,

It has been nothing but a pure pleasure to compete against you and learn from you over the years, and you have done an incredible job with DoM. I wish you the best. Peace!
Noah Bird
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: Red Dragon Inn, Shimmerscale lair, Arcadia, and ROH Rings

Post by Noah Bird »

Thanks Lem. You are a great roleplayer. and great baron to Noah. You taught me alot.

Congrats on the Baby.
Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be. ~Robert Brault,

MurOllavan
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Triple Crown of Beatdown

Post by MurOllavan »

Congrats on the baby. Thanks for all you did.

~Mur
((or Sean, as the thread may be))
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

MurOllavan wrote:Congrats on the baby. Thanks for all you did.
RARE MUR SIGHTING
Arthour
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: Your best bet is at the Red Dragon Inn or Bristle Crios, doing paper work...

Post by Arthour »

You, sir, are going to be missed. Try not to be a stranger, m'kay?
Family's where the heart is.

Teacher at the Academy of Bristle Crios,
Representative of Bristle Crios.
With Wicked Intent
Adventurer
Adventurer
The Bastard Son of Hades

Post by With Wicked Intent »

I am sorry to see you go, but still happy for ya! Congrats to you and yours, I hope we see you again at some point in the future! And thanks for all your dedicated service and awesome play!
It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not.

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”