Out of Character message board for the Duel of Swords

Moderator: Staff

Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Rules regarding banishment to Renegade

Post by Mairead Harker »

8. Can, at anytime, switch the alignment of a Loyal Baron with reason given in writing on the Public Notice Board provided a WoL record of 15 is maintained.

a. If the Overlord should banish a Loyal to a Renegade alignment, then the Overlord must accept an immediate challenge of title if issued by that Baron.
b. This challenge will supersede any other challenges, including that of a WLT winner.

According to those rules any Baron that is banished to Renegade has the right to challenge immediately. Since several Barons were banished and there is no provision for such in the rules, how would that be handled? I don't think that it's ever been addressed before. Could that be the one and only incident where there's a possibility of a challenge queue for the Overlord?

Even though Matt stepped up first, there are still three other newly banished Baron characters that have the right to challenge under this rule.
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Re: Rules regarding banishment to Renegade

Post by G »

Mairead Harker wrote:According to those rules any Baron that is banished to Renegade has the right to challenge immediately. Since several Barons were banished and there is no provision for such in the rules, how would that be handled? I don't think that it's ever been addressed before. Could that be the one and only incident where there's a possibility of a challenge queue for the Overlord?
I would agree with this interpretation that there can be a queue. Ultimately, it is the call of the DoS coords. :) Also, technically there was a queue when Cory was challenging for OL and then King banished Melanie from loyal, as that sort of situation took place outside of what I considered the regular rules, the exercise of the saving clause took place and created what I believe would be the first challenge queue for Overlord.

I believe Gnimish banished all loyals at one point, I don't know that history right off the top of my head. I also don't know if there was a case of challenges that went to him offhand either. I recently skimmed over it a few weeks back when the histories got updated but don't have it committed to memory. :)
Saving Clauses

1. Interpretations of rules that are not clearly covered shall be reviewed on a case by case basis by the Duel of Swords Coordinator and Assistant Duel of Swords Coordinator.

2. Any dispute that is not clearly covered under the preceding rules shall fall under the jurisdiction of the Duel of Swords Coordinator and Assistant Duel of Swords Coordinator. This Judgment shall be considered final and may only be overturned by the Forum Supervisor.
This sort of thing is why the clause is in there. :)
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

I knew about the saving clause, which is why I asked the question. :)
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
DUEL Rayvinn
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Rayvinn »

We had decided a while back when the question was posed that we would allow a queue in this situation. It will work just like a Renegade queue does and will be one challenge per week.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

DUEL Rayvinn wrote:We had decided a while back when the question was posed that we would allow a queue in this situation. It will work just like a Renegade queue does and will be one challenge per week.
Thanks!
Nayun
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Lily of the Valley

Location: Her home or dojo, both found bordering the New Haven and Battlefield Park districts.

Post by Nayun »

No worries guys! I made sure I asked the right people and got all my ducks in a row before doing this. GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU BARONS.

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”