Squireship offer extended

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Ellisa Morgan
Adventurer
Adventurer

Squireship offer extended

Post by Ellisa Morgan »

Sapphire had responded to her offer with a polite refusal, her schedule not allowing her to put the effort into the endeavour that she thought was appropriate. It was a good reason but left her with the position to fill. During that span of time when her own past was a mystery -- even to herself -- Rand had taken her in as a squire and it had made a difference, enough of one that she felt it necessary to continue to pay that forward.

“The man you gifted that grant... would he be a good candidate? You would not have much time before the challenge to give him instruction but perhaps just enough?” Shaw was her right-hand man when it came to things dealing with her company, but he also kept up on the local sports, and knew the ropes better than most of her other men.

One hand tapped on the blank parchment she had prepared for sending out an offer when she sorted out the recipient. “How is he doing in the rings?”

“Not as bad as some of the new blood, his initial streak of luck has fallen victim to knowing just enough to make mistakes that are more easily avoided.” That was a familiar pattern. Those that knew nothing often shot up a rank or two before they started getting into a rhythm that were easier for opponents to detect, as opposed to the previous random chaos.

“The weapon might be of some use to him...” She thought aloud. “Very well, give me a moment to pen an offer. I would have you deliver it and gauge his response.”

~Six,

I have every confidence that you will make a good showing of your challenge, but perhaps I can offer a bit more assistance. The position of Squire for my Barony is open, the weapon that comes with the station can steady an uncertain hand. The position comes with fair use parameters including:

Respecting the Barony and all those that work within its walls.

If respecting me is too burdensome, then respecting the title and refraining from gossiping about anything seen / overheard within the walls of the Barony.

A minimum of five hours spent within the walls of the Barony practicing with either myself or a trusted employee in the ways of the arena. More than that will be based upon availability and desire.

A room will be made available for your use at the Barony while I hold the position of Baroness.

My men are a rowdy bunch, if you have delicate sensibilities than we may not be a good fit. Duly warned, and all that rot.

~Ellisa Morgan

Shaw is authorized to deliver a response, when you have one please put it in his care.

“Off you go.” She said as she handed him the sealed letter, the mark of the dragon clearly defined in the cooling wax.

Shaw flashed her a grin before saluting and heading off to do her bidding.
Dimitrii Sixtus
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Dimitrii Sixtus »

Once again Six was dumbstruck by the turn of events. The only question that came to mind was "How soon can I move in?" Five hours of practice seemed an easy price to pay. Unless she meant that in terms of per day. That might be excessive. Nah, she couldn't have meant it that way.

--

Baroness Morgan,

Thank you for the opportunity and I happily accept. I will be by the manor in the next day or two and look forward to meeting your rowdy company.

Six

--

He wanted to go pack what few things he had right this moment and move in tonight, but figured that might look overly desperate.

Return to “The Arena”