Looking for a good fit..

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Swords

Moderator: Staff

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Looking for a good fit..

Post by G »

..for a new DoS supervisor.

I've only held this position as a temporary thing this last time. It wasn't intended to be going on too long. So, now that Madness is over and so are the last couple tourneys, things are going relatively smooth and it's time to begin a search for a replacement.

Me and Kal talked about it, briefly, and we think a newer-ish player(I.E. someone who has been around DoS long enough to see and get how things are run, but not so long/dueled so much that they could easily burn out on it) maybe a couple years, would be a good fit. But I honestly have little to no idea who would even remotely be interested in taking a leadership position.

A few qualities I think are needed for this position are, but are not limited to:

Patience. (how did I manage that?)
Willingness to listen to ideas.
Eager to come up with events.
Ability to understand complex rules.

There's more, too. But I can't think of it all.

Now, I'm not going to just up and throw whoever is chosen as coord. Did that once before several years ago and it ended poorly, so I'll be sticking around as your assistant to ease the transition, help teach you things, get the understandings of the rules and the whys behind them, etc.

So, if you're interested, or know someone who may be a good fit or willing to take over, respond here or shoot me a PM to take a look. Also, this is a serious offer, not trying to be funny. It's time for me to move on and for new blood to take over and lead DoS into a new era.

Thanks!
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

It's almost been a week. Any other applicants before a final decision is made?
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

The cut off for applicants is Sunday at midnight CST. Final decision will come within a week. So if you're interested, get'em in!
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”