((OOC: Emotional Turmoil))

A place for the stories that take place within Rhy'Din
Luckless Lindy
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

((OOC: Emotional Turmoil))

Post by Luckless Lindy »

What would happen if all of the dueling rings suddenly amplified the emotions of the fighters within: ticked becomes furious, interest becomes lust, frustration becomes fury? What would happen on a normal night of dueling? What would happen during an intense challenge match? Hydra matches?

We’re about to find out.

--
The Premise
Luckless Lindy has been playing with magic. A little discouraged by her lack of success in the rings, she has (attempted to) cast a spell to improve her luck in dueling and give herself greater success.

Unfortunately, something has gone wrong. Instead of granting herself greater success, a spell mix-up has resulted in all the rings in the Arena, Annex, and Outback being under the influence of magic of a different kind. The resulting spell amplifies the emotions of those fighting in the dueling rings regardless of the sport they are participating in.

--
How can I play along?

I have tried to make this SL as open as possible so that everyone can play along (or not play along) in any way that they wish. The intention was to provide something interesting for everyone to play into if they desire.

I hope that everyone can join the SL in their own way. Some things to remember:
  • *You control whether this affects your character or not (and it’s totally okay if it doesn’t)
    *You control to what degree this affects your character
    *You can control how this affects your character
    *You control whether your character is aware (and when) that something is going on

What if it makes my character not want to duel anymore because they keep noticing how their emotions are affected?
  • *Have your character start doing yoga/meditation before entering the ring to control their emotions
    *Fight outside the rings!
    *Hire a witch to cast a counterspell so your character can duel safely
    *Start selling charms to protect characters from spells in the dueling venues (and make some cash!)
    *Something else cool I didn’t think about?
    *Have the spell just not effect your character
If you have questions on what is okay and what is not, feel free to PM me.

--
What can’t I do?

While this SL is open, I am asking my fellow players not to do several things:

1) Please do not solve the issue that the SL has brought about. Do not fix the trouble the spell has wrought for everyone. By doing so, you are limiting the opportunities of others to play along in this SL. There will be an eventual resolution to this problem. You only control your characters and your setting; you do not control the entire SL.

2) I have given everyone a fair amount of OOC knowledge about what is going on during this SL including prior knowledge that it is going to happen. Do not have your character magically know all the things that you know.

--
Final Comments

I would really like for everyone to have fun with this and use it as a means to further their own character or just have a good time.

Yes, I am giving everyone a lot of OOC knowledge of this SL. There is a reason this is being done. I want people to be able to participate to the full extent they would like to, giving them enough time to plan, post, and play out the ideas that they think up.

If you are writing posts related to this SL in your own folder, please share links to the posts in this thread!

Again, any comments or questions can be directed in PM to me.

Game on!
Ammy Spiritor
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ammy Spiritor »

A wave and hello to Luckless Lindy. I am enjoying the premise of this SL and wanted post a link here of a thread I just started to write out for Ammy who's been affected quite significantly by the tainted ring wards. Thank you so much for the RP creativity you offered up. Hope you enjoy the story from her. I still have many more posts to make and a lot of logs to sift through for editing and posting. That said, here is the story link: A Living Weapon - Emotional Turmoil

Return to “The Streets of Rhy'Din (shared)”