((General OOC Thread))

The adventures and misadventures of Jay Capistrano.

Moderators: Samiyah Zayn, Capistrano

Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

So...it looks like my muse is gone, and so am I. I haven't written anything in months, and it seems increasingly unlikely that I will do so.

I never say never, so there's always a chance I might make it back, but I wouldn't count on it. The longer you stay away, the harder it is to come back, and I've been away for quite some time now.

Jay's still kicking around the city, but he isn't dueling anymore or participating in any of the promo stuff that'd have him out and about. I can't really think of a scenario where this might come up, but if you absolutely positively need to interact with him, shoot me a message. Chances are as long as he's not vivisected, it'll be cool.

If you need to get a hold of me, the best way is through my e-mail -- kerouacat at gmail dot com.

Goodbye (for now), good night and good luck.
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Hello again, everybody.

I'm dipping my toes back in over here. I'm not sure how much I'm going to use this folder -- if at all -- but I do have something posted here, if you fancy a look.

Looking forward to seeing how things go.
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Doing some general clean-up, locking up old threads that are finished or unlikely to have any further action. I just realized that this folder's Waking Nights, Dreaming Days thread isn't as complete as the version over on RDI. I haven't decided what I'll do about that yet. Or if I'll revive the folder on RDI.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

It's nice to see you around :)
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Thanks! It feels good (if a little strange) to be back.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Capistrano wrote:Thanks! It feels good (if a little strange) to be back.
I can relate to that. I disappeared (I said for good) for two years. I took me a few months to really feel comfortable, but now I'm in love all over again.
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Decided to port the old posts for that thread over to RoH from RDI, and leave the RDI forum catacombed. So while there's a ton of new posts in this folder, they're not actually "new", unless you never read them over on RDI. Still, nice to have everything in one place.
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

There's an whole 'nother entire thread over on my old RDI folder that I never posted here. You can find it here, if you like. Can't make again quality assurance promises though :).
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

What We Do Is Secret is more or less the back story of Jay's life before he got to RhyDin. It's not a thread I plan on posting to on a regular basis (nor is everything going to be in chronological order there) but when I do, it's because I'm filling in bits and pieces of his past life that I think might be interesting.

/longwindedexplanation
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

For those who are interested, I have a meager little Jay Capistrano inspiration tumblr now at http://jaycapistrano.tumblr.com/. I do my best to keep it as safe for work as possible (aka I don't post any nudity or sexual content) but no guarantees as far as the language in the songs I post (possible swears warning!), or violent content (though I stay away from gore).
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

I'm a little early here for Thanksgiving, and I know Jay is semi-retired these days, but I still wanted to send out a general thank you to everyone who interacted with him way back at the beginning of the year, when I emerged from my year and a half-long hiatus. I may be projecting a bit, but I think it's always a bit daunting to bring a character into a room, or put up a post. Will people read it? Will people interact? It was compounded, for me at least, by the fact that I had been away for so long. I was pleasantly surprised to see old friends and new characters interact with Jay and read his stories, and that reaction has given me the will to keep going here, even as my attention has shifted and focused on other characters. So thank you, everyone who's played with or read Jay's posts.

Special thanks go to the folks over at the Wrecking Crew, for letting Jay join in on all their hijinks years ago, and to Samiyah Zayn's player, for all their fun interactions over the years.

Enjoy the holiday, everyone!
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Not my best work, and not sure what it means going forward, but my muse decided to write a Jay post, so almost a year after my previous one, here you go!
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Here's Jay Capistrano's contribution to the character CD contest going on over on Polyvore right now. It's basically an even split between the sort of punk music he would've listened to back on Earth and songs that are more...inspired by him. With a little bit of Sami's 80s music love mixed in for good measure. :D
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Re: ((General OOC Thread))

Post by Capistrano »

Things are still gearing up slowly but steadily here, but in the mean time, I've posted something over in the Wrecking Crew folder.
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Re: ((General OOC Thread))

Post by Capistrano »

Part two of what I've been posting in the Wrecking Crew folder. That should wrap things up there for now, but more is on the horizon.

Return to “How to Be a Werewolf”