Terra Master.. Kinda?

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Terra Master.. Kinda?

Post by Andrea Anderson »

"... Huh?"

One way to get rid of that half asleep feeling? Looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing what looked to be a budding zit on the side of your forehead.

Andrea raised her gaze, then let it drop as she let out a sigh. Not that it's a big deal, this is what you have concealer for. She'd roll her eyes, scratch the side of her neck, then pop open the medicine cabinet to grab at her pills. Four bottles, all marked for various things, were popped open at one at a time. One pill here, two pills there, all set to her tongue before she washed it down with some water.

With everything capped, set back into place, and her mirrored self staring back at her once more; all she could do now was squint at the pimple. It looked ready to be popped, which was odd enough, but she couldn't quite restrain herself from the urge of popping it anyway.

So. She did just that. All it took was a press of two fingers and a small bit of pressure before...

"Don't - Laugh." Came from the fake red head as she stepped out from the bathroom.

Her words snapped a grabbed a certain Lilith's attention.

Don't - Laugh. Didn't exactly work out here. Because that's exactly what the woman did upon seeing Andrea; who now had a budding flower sticking out from her forehead.

"Stop laughing and get some tweezers..!" Andrea exclaimed.

"There's gardening shears out back. Shouldn't I get those instead?" came Lilith's reply, along with continued cackling.

Andrea groaned and pressed a hand to her face. The prick of a forming thorn had her jerking it away though. "I should just hang myself right now."

The morbid humor only caused more laughter.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Decide what you're going to do with it?

PathFinder was being nosy again. Andrea couldn't fault the rock though, it did help her after all when it came to finding the topic of discussion. What sat in front of them is a rather large chunk of earthen material. Far too heavy to be put on a table, so it was left to lay still on the stone floor of a private room within the Tower of Earth.

It has a pretty shimmer. Andrea could give it that much. But it paled in comparison to the dense collection of magical energy that had been the reason for the pretty light show.

She had gotten herself her own heart of the mountain. The creatures who lived in the forest by the Tower had been kindly enough to talk to her about it, but that kindness turned a slight bit sour when she went out of her way to gather the large chunk. She hadn't expected the gem to be so huge, but it must have been untouched for a good while now.

The elementals who helped during the dig (begrudgingly) had told her that the mountain itself would recover from the expedition. After all, a former Keeper ran it as a money making operation and exploited, rather impressively, the regenerative ability the mountain had. It might take time, but the mountain would recover -- and she deeply thanked it for its sacrifice.

".. I'll make an anvil out of it." She decided with a low mutter as she rose from her crouch. "Whatever's left.. I'll make it into a blade, and give it back to the mountain."

A wise choice, but a waste of resources. Might I suggest using it to make something a little more.. self serving? I'm sure you could use a nice blade for your upcoming challenge.

"What, and renege on the promise I just made now? Where's your loyalty to rock-kind? The elementals and spirits wouldn't be happy with that, and they already aren't pleased right now. So it's better to make amends and move on with my life."

Yes. Because an oops, my bad apology is better than a genuine one. I'm sure they will understand.

"It'll be fine." the tone which left her lips was soft. Her green eyes stared intently at the glowing stone in front of her.

"And it's not like I took it for purely selfish reasons. That, and you're implying what I'm going to make to give back isn't going to be good enough, which is a little insulting.."

Andera then let out a sigh. ".. But then I have to tell myself, I'm talking to a rock.."

Rude.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

You can't get rid of me that easily..

The faint whisper tickled Andrea's mind. She looked up from her current work, a shield of sorts, and stared up at the crystal lined ceiling of underground Titan. The Keeper of Earth's ring, nestled away within the earth itself and waiting to rise should the occasion call for it, had made for a rather nice — and private — spot for her to set up an earthen forge. Sadly, her privacy had been cut into and as usual, it had been PathFinder.

"I'm not," her voice not only paused, but masked by the sound of hammer meeting steel. The vibration that flowed through it and into that new - glowing - anvil of hers created a connection where imbuing her newest piece with properties of the earth came as easy as counting 1 - 2 -3. "trying to get rid of you.. Well, maybe. You're still here mentally though.. Which makes me think that either I'm crazy, or that your kind imprints themselves on their holders. Makes me wonder if you're really anything more than a parasite, really.."

"Am I really hearing PathFinder? Or am I hearing the PathFinder I created , myself? I wonder when it started.. Was it when I won, or when I first touched you?"

There came another downswing of the hammer. Another vibration. Another glow from the shield as it became more and more enchanted from the anvil below.

"Are you even real? Is your whole deal just something I made up entirely on my own? Are you the same to everyone, or is it just me? .. It would make the whole conflicting reports thing about you Opals more understandable."

You're overthinking this...

"Or I could just be bull****ing to keep you quiet."

It seemed to have worked. There came no response, no quiet whisper from a moody PathFinder.

"Hey, mole." Andrea said while setting her hammer down. She began to wipe at her face with a towel, dabbing here and there, but then realizing it was an old one, due to the smell.. So she grumbled and tossed it to the side.

"Yes'm!" The tiny mole popped its head out from the ground.

"Go tell Lil' to put her best dress on, I'm taking her dancing."

The mole looked a little apprehensive about it. Most likely due to almost getting set on fire after startling Lilith the last time.

"And I promise to let you keep ALL the diamonds you can find." She made sure to say `all` really, really loud.

The little magic mole took the bait and started to burrow itself into the ground once more at a rapid speed.

"I need to get out of this tower for a while.." Andrea muttered. She groaned as she dragged the work goggles from her face. "This can't be healthy."

Well.. if you're right about me, then you are talking to yourself.

"Shut up."
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

January 24, 2017 / Triple A Gym, Rhydin City

"Keep it up. Give it fifteen more minutes and then cool down." Andrea said as she leaned back to give the woman she was instructing some room. She had to give her credit, it was only four weeks into the new year but she's showing resolve. Many of the other resolution sign ups had become no shows, but this one here looked to be striving to drop some weight.

It wasn't so bad playing owner sometime. It's not as if she were on set hours, but — I need to get out of this tower for a while, it's what she had told herself before, and it looked as if she had taken her own advice. The Tower of Earth and all its wonders and knowledge can wait; for now she'd take a little rest from working at the forge and do a little cooling off of her own.

Andrea left the jogging woman to work at her own pace while turning her attention elsewhere. What needed to be done.. Eden did a fine job as manager, which meant Andrea had to go out of her way to find something to do whenever she did come around.

Oh. Look. Someone decided not to re-rack their weights. It looked like she found something to do, if only for the moment. Andrea brushed back some hair before crouching down. No sooner than she did would a yell come from the gyms lobby. It's not as if grunting or yells of victory hadn't been the norm here, but the tone hadn't been one of success, or possible need for medical attention. No, the squatters were busy complimenting each other on the forms, or had been before the yell — now they seemed just as concerned as Andrea had been.

Which meant she hadn't been alone as she headed to see what the commotion was about.

"Well ****.." She'd say. Which had been slightly obscured by the gym goers speaking to one another.

Why was there a giant peace sign spray painted on her window? And why did it have something about equality across it?

And why — oh why, were there protesters lingering around in the street?

"Kill me now." Andrea muttered. This once more drowned out by other sounds, this time being shouting. She had realized the employee, the one that had yelled in the first place, stepped outside and was currently attempting to shoo the protesters away. And like moths to a flame, the weight lifters had been pretty quick to defend the woman. Andrea finally stopped watching and decided to push through the front door and get up close and personal with this mess.

"What, you some racist or something?! HUMANITY FIRST SCUM?!"

Well ****, the second time — this time thought. She hadn't caught what was said before that might have prompted the claim, but it was only one of many things being shouted at the moment.

"Who the **** gave you the right to tag this place?! Get the **** out of here! Do all of you have nothing better to do? Get a damn job!" Came from one of Andrea's gym goers, which was met with verbal retaliation. Yelling, yelling, and more yelling. At least her employee had been ushered back and behind the brawny muscle that the weight lifters provided her.

"We didn't tag anything!" — "Then who the **** did?!"

The yelling only continued from there. It seemed confusion only caused some to become more heated, while others within the protest were trying their best to calm others down.

"*****' racists!" — "**** YOU!" — "NO, **** YOU!"

And that's when the glass shattered. She hadn't even seen the brick, but Andrea had felt something flying past her. That might have gotten rid of the graffiti, but now she had the whole lack-of-a-window problem going on right now.

No one seemed to be hurt though and the brick had been pretty lonely there on the hard interior floor of the lobby. There was only one thing to do in a situation like this. Andrea tugged up the hem of her hoodie just enough to reach to her side and pull free that USP from her side. And without a delay she'd hold it up and fire a single shot.

"Only warning! Get away from my property!" She said in a stern voice. Many of the protesters seemed as confused as the gym goers from the reaction to the window breaking, and now looked frightened from the sudden shot fired. If it hadn't been in the heat of the moment then Andrea would have suspected it was some random rabble rouser trying to start trouble instead of the protesters themselves (as they seemed rather peaceful), but none of that mattered. Right now all she wanted was the area in front of her gym cleared and her patrons left alone.

Many got the picture. Some were already fleeing the second the shot sounded out, others lingered but at a distance, and one? That one went ramming straight into Andrea's mid with a well placed shoulder. The air shot out straight from her lungs, along with a bit of saliva, as she was forced through the already broken window and right onto the scattered glass.

Hopefully someone got the number of the bus that just hit her, because she's seeing stars at the moment.

"You wanna kill me?! You want people like me dead?!" Came with a huff and a puff. Something which was easily explained when Andrea's vision stopped being so blurry.

Great, she thought to herself. A minotaur. Or half of one. She wasn't exactly going to ask for details.

Praise be to whatever higher power that she hadn't been skewered. The guy had some restraint it seemed.

It's truly a blessing.

Because Andrea sure didn't show any.

A bit of blood splattered on the floor as another shot rang out. The bullet had pierced the taur's thick leg but hadn't been enough; which is why Andrea shot thrice and asked questions later. The first shot might not have done anything, but the two after it had sent the horned bull-man down to a knee in pain. What the bullets didn't do the muscled men finished as they leaped into action to subdue the beast-man to the floor. This wasn't exactly an easy task since the minotaur had begun to thrash around, but this was an MMA gym as well, and when it came to submissions; her boys had it covered.

Okay. Maybe she showed some restraint. But she doubted a dead body in the middle of her gym's lobby would be good for business.

Andrea groaned and tried to sit up. It was still hard to breathe, but she was sure nothing was broken. That's not to say she hadn't been bleeding, because that glass had done a number to her and adrenaline had been the only reason why she wasn't having a fit right now. It's the little things you can be thankful for.

"... If you were paying attention, the girl you were screaming at before is half elf." Andrea said as she forced herself to stand. She stumbled a bit, and had been offered help by that very same employee she spoke of.

".. Take him to Dockside and cool his ass off, we're not handing anyone over to the Watch." Andrea said. She began to look toward the street once more, but it seemed like a few other businesses had things handled with their own choice of firepower. At least none were shooting, maybe they were more sensible than Andrea, but the threat was enough to send the protest on their way. Some of them can yell about racism and claim that the owners who were just protecting their wears were on the wrong side of history all they wanted, at least these businesses were rid of them for the time being.

"Gag him too." All his yelling had been already messing with the throbbing her head was going through. She reached out to press the tip of her index finger against the restrained mans shoulder. While everyone witnessed it as just a jabbing prod of her left index finger, a faint discoloration was left to linger there. Small and black in color.

"He's not with us, seriously!" One of the more braver protesters who stuck around said while waving her arms. Andrea didn't pay much attention to her, beyond hearing what she thought was an offer to help clean up. Right now things were hurting a little too much to care.

It's times like these that Andrea couldn't help but feel for the Pro-Human protesters. They were a marginalized group in a world full of super powered and mythical creatures. Used as fodder for terrorist conflicts in the marketplace, preyed upon by creatures that bumped in the night, and then told to be quiet and accept equality when all they want to do is raise their hand and ask for some sort of podium to speak at. It reminded her of the governors race where one had said `All lives Matter`. As if asking for any sort of opportunity to say `We matter, yes you matter too, but we'd like to talk about our issues right now` is nothing more than an inconvenience. Some might be using the issue to press their own political ideologies of segregation, but who is saying the other side isn't doing the same; in the form of compliance to a possible unfair status quo. There's bad apples that hang on the very far fringes of each side, but the tree can still bear fruit. Would it not be as if questioning breast cancer awareness? No. It should be All cancer awareness. It's logic like that that only marginalize these people more, and when the strew is left on high and covered? Expect it to boil over.

Still. That didn't mean they had to protest or march in front of her establishment. She had made damn sure of that when the Pro-Human protests started, but now having to do the same yet again? It had been annoying. Question: did this make her a species traitor? Or would she even still be considered human still? That's hilarious now that she thought about it; but she grumbled as she sat there on a weight bench while Sophia did her best to tend to her wounds. A soft hiss left Andrea's lips as she arched her back. ".. Y-yeah, not too rough."

"Maybe you should go to the hospital." Sophia began, but Andrea had started to shake her head.

"It's fine, it's fine.. Just patch me up the best you can." Andrea tried to steel herself for the continued on the spot medical treatment. Her eyes had closed for a moment, but peeked open when she heard a noise.

That woman, the one who had done so well with her new years resolution? She looked to be leaving, and in a hurry too.

Welp, Andrea thought. That's the last of them.. She'd probably not be seeing that woman here again.

You know.. if you had me this would have been a little easier

The nagging of PathFinder, even if the Opal itself had been distant from her, still came to her throbbing head.

That'd be great.. if I wasn't the Keeper of Earth. Your ego's a little unwarranted here.

I'm not the one bleeding all over.. and your key didn't exactly help you either.

You're a rock. You don't even have a body.

But she had to give it to PathFinder about the key. Hindsight is a funny thing and the Keepers powers weren't exactly the same here in the city as they were on the Isle. Either way - she didn't want to be in debt to the stupid stone. She's breathing and the conflict looked to be over for the time being.

"Should I call Lilith?" Snapped Andrea out of her inner conflict with PathFinder. The yell had been from the lobby.

Yes came with a possibility of burning...

No, no would be a good answer for this one.

".. Your vine-things keep grabbing me.." Sophia complained quietly.

One problem after another. Andrea thought with an outward sigh.

Return to “Twilight Isle”