January 2017 Archmage Tournament

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Specter
RoH Official
RoH Official
Location: Coordinators office on Twilight Isle. She'll be the one glowing in the dark.

January 2017 Archmage Tournament

Post by DUEL Specter »

The January 2017 Archmage Tournament will be held on Sunday, January 22nd at 8:00pm Eastern! The format will most likely be double elimination (depending on entrants), and late entrants have no more than 5 minutes to arrive. Seeding will begin at 8:05pm, and casting will begin at 8:10pm.

Seeding will be based on the most recent RoK rankings. Early registration will cut off on Friday, January 20th at 8:00pm. Any late registrants or walk-ins will automatically be ranked below early registrants. Registrants tied with the same ranking will be seeded by WoL.

Please post your registrations as replies to this thread. Good luck everyone!

((It's worked well, so we will adhere to a 5 minute casting limit each round in order to try and keep the tourney from running too late. Exceeding 5 minutes once will result in a friendly reminder from the caller. Anything after that will result in a mis-cast, meaning no spell was invoked and the opponent's spell scores for maximum damage. After a mis-cast, the duelist is still not allowed to use whatever spell they most recently used. That way the mis-cast does not serve as a type of disengage. In the case anyone needs more than 5 minutes for an urgent/special circumstance, please alert the caller, opponent, and the room so they they know you need a few minute and will return asap. Any questions, you know where to find me. Thanks!))
Last edited by DUEL Specter on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Priscilla Specter
Assistant Coordinator & Event Coordinator of the Duel of Magic
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Why not.

CRF
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

I will try!
Dawnblade
Adventurer
Adventurer
The Frozen Wasteland

Post by Dawnblade »

I will grace this tournament with my presence.

~Venalia Dawnblade
Vinny
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Bender of physics

Post by Vinny »

Keep a spot open for me. This old man feels the need to remind you kids how it's done.
Who would have thought that becoming God would prove to be such a hollow victory? -Thanos of Titan
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

I probably dueled, I'll probably get reinstated, and I'll probably show up. Probably.
DUEL Awkward
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Awkward »

Here's how Sunday night went down for those who like details!
Ranking:
1. Eden
2. Vinny
3. Claire
4. Venalia
5. Harris

Round 1: Eden has the bye
Vinny vs Harris – Vinny to winners bracket, Harris to losers bracket
Claire vs Venalia – Venalia to winners bracket, Claire to losers bracket

Round 2: Vinny has the bye
Eden vs Venalia – Venalia wins, Eden to losers bracket
Claire vs Harris – Harris wins, Claire is out.

Round 3:
Vinny vs Venalia – Vinny wins, Venalia to losers bracket
Eden vs Harris – Eden wins, Harris is out.

Round 4: Vinny has the bye
Eden vs Venalia – Eden wins, Venalia is out.

Round 5:
Eden vs Vinny – Eden wins, Vinny to losers bracket
Round 6:
Eden vs Vinny (pt2) – Eden wins
Congrats to Eden who won the Archmage Tournament and right to challenge for the Celestial Tower! Stay tuned for the details as to when that will be!
JohnCole
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by JohnCole »

Eden and I will execute this challenge on Saturday, January 28th at 9 pm (EST).

I have successfully bribed the Keeper of Fire with enough chicken nuggets to call this challenge.
- John Cole
"Literally Who?!?"
Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Post by Spell »

It's the kind from King Burger and NOT WcDonalds. If it had been the latter then there would have been hell to pay.
JohnCole
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by JohnCole »

With the Protests in the City, struggles John had with his family, and the search for just what the heck was the meaning of Qui Qui, John had kept the intended legacy of his reign to a single night early in the cycle. The weeks of the term of his reign were not dotted with various uniquely created rings for duelists to fight and enjoy, but he was going to ensure that which could end up being his last fight as Archmage would be in a ‘special’ ring. Ultimately he was hoping for Eden to have as much fun as possible (along with himself) to remove the weighted stress on his shoulders, even if it was just for an hour or two.

Upon arrival to the Isle on Saturday night, goblins would greet visitors with white tee shirts or smocks. There would be baskets of paint supplies both within the seating areas and surrounding the ring created for the main event tonight. The ring initially may just look like a stark white canvas waiting to be spattered with paint from the evening’s opponents, but it was also an in-ground trampoline. Because arming both Eden and John with paint supplies for a color fight simply wasn’t enough you know.

Before the night was over, John excepted to be doused with quite a bit of pink.

In addition to the paint supplies on hand for the night, (and because John was rarely seen without a drink in his hand), a few colorful drinks would be on the menu for the evening.

Rainbow of Fire shots

And an assortment of frozen drinks of all shades! Made with Rum or Tequila at request!
"Literally Who?!?"
DUEL Jesse
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Jesse »

AND THE CHALLENGE IS OVER! Eden's no longer a bridesmaid as she bests John in two straight duels to become the newest Archmage of the Duels of Magic! The end results were 5-3 in 5 and 5-3 in 7.

As a former Archmage myself, I TOTALLY WELCOME YOU TO THE EXCLUSIVE CLUB!
Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Gren Blockman »

Congratulations, Eden!

Return to “Twilight Isle”