Challenge for New Haven

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Vinny
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Bender of physics

Challenge for New Haven

Post by Vinny »

Rachael,

Since my Madness run has come to a close, and I still have an urge to get myself a title, I figured you would make for a wonderfully enjoyable opponent. We'll has out a time once this becomes validated.

Vinny
Who would have thought that becoming God would prove to be such a hollow victory? -Thanos of Titan
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

- Title holder acceptance must be publically posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holders acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Monsieur Vince,

Given the date of your challenge for the Barony which I am custodian of, combined with your reasons for challenging and its efficient validation, I may safely presume that this is in fact not a prank.

Therefore, I accept your challenge.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

A sheet of parchment was tacked to the corkboard. The message was written in a precise, left handed script.

The challenge for the Barony of which I am custodian will take place on April the 8th, at 9PM EST.

The infamous Anvil will be calling the challenge.

--Rachael Blackthorne
DUEL Anvil
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by DUEL Anvil »

Everyone showed up, including the kitchen sink! Okay maybe not the sink... But The Anvil was there, as were Baroness Rachael Blackthorne, and Warlord Vincent Smith!

The Empress Overlady showed up, ready to intercede on Rachael's behalf, only to be countered by the Renegade Baroness Lirssa Sarengrave! The two battled it out, Lirssa taking an early lead. Jewell tried to mount a comeback, but was unable to match the bendyness of Lirssa.

Lirssa Sarengrave .def. JewellRavenlock 5-2 in 7.

That brought us to the confrontation between Rachael, and Vinny. It was a long fight between the pair, Vinny taking an early lead in the first, and Rachael bringing it to a tie twice though she was unable to push past that until the eleventh round where she took a half point lead over Vinny then finished him off in the twelfth round, beating the challenger and defending her barony!

Rachael .def. Vinny 5-3.5 in 12
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

Somethings are as constant as the setting sun.

Leaves will still die in the autumn, young women will still fall for musclemen with no other redeeming qualities, the government will still demand our money every year, and Vinny will still be utterly terrible at dueling.

~Anubis Karos
Rayvinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rayvinn »

...And Anubis will continue to blather and criticize those that can at least issue a challenge correctly. Y'know, those people that actually step into a ring to fight instead of boring us all with lame ass attempts to make themselves seem less obsolete.

Go home and beat some more innocent people to make yourself feel like a man since you won't get into a ring and fight the people you've been blah-blah-blahing at.

~Rayvinn

P.S. Go ahead and make your typical threat of enslavement and tell me just how terrible you can be because I've got exactly two words in response to that, Big Boy: Bring it.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.--Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “The Arena”