Er....

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Er....

Post by Anubis Karos »

I'm more curious than anything.else, but why is the RDI HOST program being discontinued?
Corlanthis
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Corlanthis »

This is definitely the best place to ask this question. And not, for example, over on the completely different website that actually *uses* the HOST program in question.

I'm sure the DoS Staff will have an absolutely enlightening response to the question with which they have nothing to do.
"LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR? IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?"
DemiBob
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by DemiBob »

Cor:

Aside, I'm almost positive it's the lack of people wanting to do it and the lack of need for it. Just my guess.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

It's been steadily declining for years, honestly. There isn't the support for it that originally existed when DM first started either.

Bad blood sprung up between the community and the Hosts at some point. I don't really remember it being there when I left RP for a time in 2009, but when I came back, it was a problem.

I think when they were seen (and expected to act) more like police rather than RP interaction facilitators, it changed the nature of the Hosting program.
Amaltea
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Amaltea »

First I want to say, this question does not belong here or anywhere in the RoH forum. It has nothing to do with RoH. It should have been posted in DM.

As for the reason to terminate the host program. There were a number of reasons that factored into the discussion and decision to end the program. A major one was a lack of interest towards the hosts and the program from the community in general.

This does not affect RoH callers.

If anyone has anything else to say or questions regarding this subject I suggest you post your questions over the DM forum, not here.

I'm moving this thread to Thoughts at Large and closing it.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”