phpBB @mention Notification Extension

A place for the players and staff to communicate, share ideas, report bugs, make suggestions, and build our community.

Moderator: Staff

ZooeyShrilinda
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

phpBB @mention Notification Extension

Post by ZooeyShrilinda »

Is this currently being used? If not, why not? It seems like it would make responding to duels a lot more reliable if players got an email notification when they're mentioned in posts....
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Title holders have at least a week to respond to those notices. It only takes a minute or two to check boards once a day or even a couple of times a week. Having to check the boards places the burden of responsibility on the title holders where it should be. Using that extension is all well and good, however, it doesn't guarantee that a listed e-mail will be actively being used when someone is challenged. I seem to recall misdirected/unread e-mail was one of the reasons that postings became the norm.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Post by Andrea Anderson »

Takes less than a minute. Challenges are required to mention the title in their subject line. MoonBeryl, Yellow Rock, etc. It's eye catching enough for any title holder to be able to see. The challenge isn't valid without this.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Sounds like it could be useful to me, even if it works imperfectly. Doesn't need to change any of the responsibilities relating to challenges. I'll do a contact us and suggest it to the admins.
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Post by Jake »

As near as I can tell, this extension is only available/supported on newer versions of phpBB.

So, I don't think this extension could be added to our current implementation of phpBB.

There is the "watch this topic for replies" option, which is/was supposed to notify folks when new replies were made to posts they wanted to follow, however, I don't believe it works correctly. I tried to debug it at one point, but was never able to find the specific code that was broken.

You might propose this extension *after* the site gets upgraded (if that ever happens).

Return to “Community Townhall”