DoM No Loss Feedback

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Specter
RoH Official
RoH Official
Location: Coordinators office on Twilight Isle. She'll be the one glowing in the dark.

DoM No Loss Feedback

Post by DUEL Specter »

Greetings denizens of Twilight Isle! We have some questions for the DoM community about the No Loss event.

1. What're your thoughts on the current no loss event?

and

2. If DoM were to change to a no loss system instead of the WoL one we currently have, how would you feel?
Priscilla Specter
Assistant Coordinator & Event Coordinator of the Duel of Magic
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Hi!

1. I'm a fan! :) I just wish more people, especially newer folks/folks who haven't dueled before, were taking advantage of it. There's no better time than now to try DoM.

2. Not being able to lose, in my opinion, takes something away from the thrill of winning. The competitor in me wants something on the line. I can totally see both sides of the coin, though, and potential benefits of a long-term no-loss system.

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

I agree with Matt's points.

I think maybe No Loss should not apply to Mages. They really don't need the incentive like duelers who are trying to achieve rank, and like Matt said, it kind of takes the thrill of winning away.

But I do think it is a worthwhile program for ranks lower than Mage.
DUEL Specter
RoH Official
RoH Official
Location: Coordinators office on Twilight Isle. She'll be the one glowing in the dark.

Post by DUEL Specter »

:) Thanks for the feed back and we can't wait to see more.
XanthVanBokkelen wrote:I think maybe No Loss should not apply to Mages. They really don't need the incentive like duelers who are trying to achieve rank, and like Matt said, it kind of takes the thrill of winning away.
So you both would be in favor of a no loss benefit up until mage rank at 15 wins over losses? Players can then stay at mage(15 wol) but must win to advance forward for things like WoL achievements, Archmage Tournament placement, and the like?
Priscilla Specter
Assistant Coordinator & Event Coordinator of the Duel of Magic
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

So you both would be in favor of a no loss benefit up until mage rank at 15 wins over losses? Players can then stay at mage(15 wol) but must win to advance forward for things like WoL achievements, Archmage Tournament placement, and the like?
All of that sounds reasonable, yes.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Eh, for me, I can see the no-loss thing in spurts (like this current event) but I don't know if it should auto-apply all the way to Mage. I'll need to noodle more on that. If it was going to be based on rank, at this point in time, I'd say maybe take it to 5 WoL, and no more than 10, before the benefit would cut out.

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Per Specter's most recent update on the IC Yule Loss Forgiveness post, we're continuing just a bit longer while we gather numbers to see how things compare/contrast/etc. We're rolling around a couple different concepts that we hope to lay out for the DoM community sometime mid-cycle.

If you haven't already, now's a great time to voice your feedback on the No Loss event

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”