Words of Praise

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Claire Farron wrote:Just wanted to say thank you to Kalamere for bringing us IFL again this year and to the writers behind Tony Depatie, Jack Smith, The Fashionist, Chastity Benoit, Midnight Eve, and even Colin Talvitie for the articles this season. They're my favorite part of IFL every year, so thank you for adding some much needed flavor to things with your words.
Seconded, heartily!

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

The callers and the writers are who make things great. Thank you all for your contributions.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Oh yes, big ups to the callers too. Especially Lisa for being a friggin' supercaller. Thank you all.
Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Gren Blockman »

I too have enjoyed IFL very much, the writing, the calling, everything. If there is an MVP for callers, Lisa should get it.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

I wanted to give a shoutout to everyone who contributed to IFL from dueling, captaining, writing articles, calling, showing up even just to spectate and Kal for running it again this year.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Big thanks to Tanya and Harris for calling the first two rounds of the tournament for us last night, and an extra shoutout to Harris for the awards.

Congrats to Cane for picking up the Kiowa Belt! Hell of a performance for a guy coming in off of the standby list.

Thanks to all the callers, especially Lisa who went above and beyond, and all those who contributed news throughout the season.

Overall a great season and I'll be looking forward to the next one!
KC
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by KC »

Kalamere wrote:especially Lisa who went above and beyond
BEST GIRL
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

A huge thank you to Kal for organizing another great season of IFL! And echoing the sentiments of everyone ahead of me in thanks to Harris, the callers, and the authors of all the articles, not to mention everyone who participated on a team.

I really appreciate the time you all put into this season. Thanks for a fun few months!
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Big thanks to Eden for her event on Saturday night (and thanks to all who attended...it was nice to see 10+ people in the room!).
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Goldglo wrote:Big thanks to Eden for her event on Saturday night (and thanks to all who attended...it was nice to see 10+ people in the room!).
Yes! This was great <3
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Thank you for the awesome DoM event last night Specter! And super duper special thanks to Apple for staying late to call all the fights! It was fun!
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

Big ups to DUEL Reid for a fun event at The Hold the other night. And while I'm on the subject of props, thanks to Specter and Jesse for another fun ART. Grats on the win Andu!
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Gren Blockman »

The Hold was a fun and interesting new setting for the duels. Nice to see the room count at 25 at one point as well!
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

It was a really fun and busy dueling weekend, with Lisa and Sylus calling Madness duels on Friday and Sunday respectively, the Hold on Saturday, and a pretty well-attended ART on Sunday! Thanks for turning out and making it fun everyone! :)
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Conner Reid »

Also want to shout out Tahlia for running the in-room betting at the Hold for the Line! I like to think it added to the vibe in a fun way. Thank you, Tahlia!

Return to “Thoughts at Large”