Challenge for Dockside (A Dirty Charity Endeavor)

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Challenge for Dockside (A Dirty Charity Endeavor)

Post by Claire Gallows »

TK,

Time to raise some dough, right? I formally challenge for the Barony of Dockside.

For everyone else, we'll be taking donation "bets" on this with all proceeds going toward local charities. All donations will be matched by Team Dirty, so come break our bank!

More deets coming once this is all official.

-CRG
Last edited by Claire Gallows on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DUEL Lisa
Standings Keeper
Standings Keeper

Post by DUEL Lisa »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holders acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Lucky you brought over some nice steaks before springing this idea on me.. BUUUT, it is for charity and all. I guess I can't say no to that.

I accept.

- King
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Dirty Dockside Showdown

Baron Terry King vs. Warlord Claire Gallows

Friday, June 15th, 2018
Dockside
9 PM ET

At risk of inconveniencing the numerous freighters and ships that move in and out of the harbor on a daily basis, a large section has been cordoned off with ropes and buoys. In the midst of it all sits a wee tugboat tethered to a 10m flat barge. This barge will play host to the Dirty Dockside Showdown, with combatants fighting upon the tipping, nausea-inducing, and slightly slippery surface.

On the docks, temporary bleachers have been constructed, but starting one hour before the match, small boats, kayaks, and canoes will be permitted to take a place on the water for the sake of spectating. Rentals will be available from local merchants for those who want a spot on the water but might not have the proper craft to do so. Projection screens and scrying portals will be set up at varying intervals along with speakers broadcasting the play by play of the fight. Bookies taking bets and volunteers collecting donations will also be wandering the crowd for any on the spot money exchanges that may need to occur. Remember, all donations will be matched by Team Dirty!

Along the periphery of the main boardwalk, a fleet of food trucks from across the city have amassed to hawk their wares to the unfed masses. Local cuisine along with favorites from dozens of far off realms from Earth all the way to the ends of the known Nexus. Pick up some Abydonian lizard from Fat Jack’s Exotics. Sure, it tastes just like chicken, but don’t a lot of those things? Servers tote samplings of two signature cocktails for spectators to enjoy while watching.

The King of Hearts: Sauvignon Blanc, Pomegranate Juice, Pear Nectar, Apricot Nectar, Green-Tea Vodka with a pear garnish. Non-alcoholic variant available, made of white grape juice, pomegranate, pear, apricot, and green-tea.

Fire in the Gallows: â…“ Cinnamon Schnapps, â…“ Hangman Distillery Fireshot Whiskey, â…“ Hangman Distillery Slugger’s Select Honey Whiskey.

When all is said and done, spectators (and really, most of the western side of town), are treated to spectacular fireworks show, shot off from a distant barge similar to the same one used for the challenge. Win or lose, everyone comes out on top tonight!
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

Donations will benefit the following charities:

Terry King's Charity of Choice: The Old Market Women's Shelter

Claire Gallows' Charity of Choice: The FQ Memorial Youth Centre
DUEL Joker
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Joker »

TONIGHT WAS THE NIGHT! Claire successfully challenged Terry King for Dockside and everyone had a blast! Congratulations Claire, well reigned Terry, another Dirty Baron is the outcome tonight!

Code: Select all

DOCKSIDE 1! Our Baron starts things off with a BANG! Just not the one they were expecting! Maybe Terry's looking for the brownie points from cap'n, but Claire gets firstblood! ( TH / LC ) 1 Claire 

DOCKSIDE 2! Not one to be bluffed, Claire goes for the jugular. Love a woman that knows how to chop off my head! Terry decides that she values her neck and goes underneath to tie it up! ( FDU / HC ) 1 ALL

DOCKSIDE 3! About-face! Hurdy-gurdy! What do these have in common?! Doesn't matter! Kit-Kat! The Baron goes low and Claire obstructs! ( FCP / LC ) 2-1 Claire

DOCKSIDE 4! I demand a recount! Someone burn something! THROW THEIR TEA OFF THE DOCK! Lots of fancy-pants moving but NO POINTS! NO BLOOD! ( FLP / SH ) 2-1 Claire

DOCKSIDE 5! YES! MORE OF THIS ALL OF THIS! GET IT FLOWING! THAT SWEET CRIMSON RELEASE! Aggressively cycles in a circle. Claire goes for the calves but Terry strikes back! ( TH / LC ) 2 ALL!

DOCKSIDE 6! MORE OF THE-- wait a second.. Squints I SUPPOSE THIS WILL SUFFICE AS THERE IS A MINOR LEAD! Terry defends and Claire sneaks aboot it! ( SS / FLP ) 2.5-2 Claire

DOCKSIDE 7! AH YES! MORE OF THESE, LIKE THE HALFSIES BUT DOUBLE! Claire LUNGES! Terry SNEAKS with her... WAKANDAN SNEAKERS! ( FSS / TH ) 3-2.5 Terry

DOCKSIDE 8! TEETER TOTTER! OH BOY I LOVE THESE! Holds a scimitar between its teeth and spins a plate, on fire, atop it. BARON King goes low only for the challenging cap'n to stifle it! ( FCP / LC ) 3.5-3 Claire

DOCKSIDE 9! THE NITTY GRITTY! BOTH CUT! BOTH BLEED! THE BEST OF DAYS, THE END OF DREA-- Cough ITS CLOSE! ( HC / LC ) 4.5-4 Claire

DOCKSIDE 10! HEY SHOULDN'T THERE BE A RULE AGAINST THIS? RESISTING LACERATIONS?! Falls over still pedaling! BOTH do the SNEAKY THING! ( FSS x2 ) 4.5-4 Claire

DOCKSIDE 11! CAN THIS GET ANY CLOSER?! I DONT THINK SO! Claire lunges and Terry patiently waits like a... patient! ( FCP / TH ) 5-4.5 Terry

DOCKSIDE 12! THE AGONY! ANOTHER HALFSY! Of course.. THAT COULD MEAN ONE OF TWO THINGS! THE SHOW MUST GO ON! ( SS / TH ) 5 ALL

DOCKSIDE 13 FINAL! ONCE UPON A TIME... someone was in my shoes and made this a long, agonizing affair... Drops a quarter, bends over to pick it up. I AM NOT ONE TO DO THAT BECAUSE I LOVE VIOLENCE AND ITS PRACTITIONERS! CLAIRE CUTS TERRY THE END! ( LC / LP )
Claire Farron .def. Terry King, 6-5 in 13. CONGRATULATIONS CLAIRE WELL REIGNED TERRY!
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

Considering loyalty did me no good last time around, Dockside will be aligning Renegade to the Overlord. I'll be keeping Ro on as Squire though, so no change there.

Many thanks to those who came out or donated. After Team Dirty matches everything, over thirty thousand silver will be distributed between the Old Market Women's Shelter and the FQ Memorial Youth Centre. Late donations will be matched through the end of the month if submitted through the Dirty home office in New Haven.

CRG

Return to “The Arena”