DoF Goes Lossless (and Other Info)!

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Fists

Moderator: Staff

Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

DoF Goes Lossless (and Other Info)!

Post by Goldglo »

You read it right: Duel of Fists is going lossless!

As of October 1st, the start of the Fall 2019 Cycle, Duel of Fists is joining the other two dueling sports in going lossless as a way to make rank.

Please note these other changes to rules:
--Duelers who are inactive and return to active status must wait until the next standings update after their first regulation or tournament match before they can challenge.
--Duelers need not be active to participate in the DQ; participation in the Diamond Quest will count as an activity duel.
--Tournament duels count as activity duels.
--Players no longer need to achieve Emerald before the end of the cycle if they become a non-Emerald Opal Holder.

All the Duel of Fists rules will be updated shortly with more concise wording for those who like to read. Feel free to take a look!

We also have some other exciting things up-and-coming:
--The The Metamorphism storyline will continue with a lot of opportunities for the community to get involved
--DQ 99 on Friday, October 18th
--A team system in the works
--DQ 100 in January

Stay tuned! We’re excited about everything we’ve got on the docket. In the meantime? Get those duels in so you can join in on Diamond Quest 100! It’s going to be a show stopper!

--Matt, Kheld & Jewell
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Re: DoF Goes Lossless (and Other Info)!

Post by Michelle Montoya »

:fistmelda: :fistmelda:

These are super exciting changes! Thanks for all the effort you put into the sport. I am excited about these upcoming Diamond Quests :)

Michelle will definitely take advantage of the lossless system. I also have a character I'm using as a win/loss to challenge myself. Will there be an opportunity to opt out of the lossless system just like with DoM and DoS?
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: DoF Goes Lossless (and Other Info)!

Post by Goldglo »

Hi! Yes, you can opt your characters out of lossless, just like DoM/DoS (folks can send me a DM or shoot me a PM on the forums if you want to opt out and I'll add your character(s) to the list).

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet

Return to “Duel of Fists (OOC)”