Moderator: Staff

Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

DoF Player Feedback Survey Follow Up

Post by Hope »

Hi everyone!

Recently, the Duel of Fists team put out a survey asking the players a few questions about the duels in general and DoF specifically. We are grateful for everyone who took the time to respond, whether with praises or criticisms.

We've met several times to review your responses and one of the primary concerns expressed by many of you is the Opals and how best to engage with them. Several responses expressed trepidation and worry about contradicting or messing up 20+ years of history by writing new stories. We fully appreciate that writing for/playing with something that has existed for decades can be daunting; where do I start, how do I refer to the opal, what if something I write conflicts with something that came before me, etc.?

We want to assuage your concerns and help you feel more comfortable in writing about/playing with the Opals. New stories are welcome and we want you to write them!

Over the next several weeks, we are going to implement some ideas designed to make the Opals more accessible & provide easier means of accessing their histories. In addition, we will provide opportunity for you to engage (or not) in these changes; similar to what happened when the opals were re-forged in 2020, you/your characters will have the chance to participate in what's to come and be a part of the ongoing Opal history and legacy.

This is going to be the first of a few projects we have in mind. We recognize that we are not always the quickest team to change but in whatever we do, our main focus is to do what's best for you, the community, as well as the sport we all love. We are really excited about what's to come and we hope that when all's said and done, you find it easier (and fun!) to engage not only with the Opals of today, but with their rich and storied history.

Thank you ,

Your Duel of Fists Team

Return to “Duel of Fists (OOC)”