IFL Question

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Fists

Moderator: Staff

PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

IFL Question

Post by PrlUnicorn »

The subject of IFL came up during the RRC last night. Ebon being named as MVP for this year's RRC prompted this question, who was last year's IFL MVP? I don't remember an announcement being made and I don't know what the requirements are for that honor. Can someone offer insight on this, please?
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Re: IFL Question

Post by Kalamere »

Jaycy won the PowerHouse Party tournament, so earned the Kiowa Belt.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

She's asking about the Most Valuable Player award. Neither that, nor the Rookie of the Year, nor the Captain of the Year were announced, as far as I'm aware.
Royal
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Royal »

MVP, Rookie of the year, etc were a player created contribution if I recall correctly and not something from the base game.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Delahada wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:43 pm She's asking about the Most Valuable Player award. Neither that, nor the Rookie of the Year, nor the Captain of the Year were announced, as far as I'm aware.
Sal is correct. MVP - Most Valuable Player is what I was asking about. As someone who is relatively new to IFL I wasn't aware of the other two until tonight.
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

Yeah, those were all player run and player initiated. Did anyone send out a vote to captains/assts?
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

Strawberry wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:13 pmDid anyone send out a vote to captains/assts?
Yes. I received an email and replied to it.
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

I received an email and replied as well.
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

Cool cool, so that went out at least. I'd probably recommend following up with whoever it was running that (just since it's not a Kalamere or staff thing). I think Conner took up the mantel after Harris but not sure if that was still the case this past year?
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

Does anyone know the status of IFL for this year?
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Planning to open registration this weekend and see how many teams are interested
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Post by Michelle Montoya »

Yessss! So excited for IFL! :fistmelda:
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Very excited for IFL. To respond to the MVP discussion, once Harris no longer did the MVP awards Conner and I took over as volunteers. This was the case I believe for the last 3 seasons. When last year's season ended I emailed 9 people other than myself who were eligible to vote and I received 3 emails back. The concerns we had were two fold: a) there was a very shallow response which we felt did not lend to a well rounded award ceremony, b) as a Captain/Assistant, with 3 responses that meant I had 25% of the voting sway and I was not comfortable with that. We still feel very bad given the circumstances and while we meant to follow up possibly with an extension it fell through the cracks and we're sorry for that. Last year was an exception because we generally receive good feedback on votes. This year maybe voting can be opened up to all participants.
Alasdair Galloway
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Alasdair Galloway »

I don't think it's too late to try and collect missed votes now, is it? I don't know about everyone else, but I think I would rather have some sort of voting complete rather than leave it empty. The players who were in contention deserve some sort of recognition in my opinion.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Hope wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:13 am Very excited for IFL. To respond to the MVP discussion, once Harris no longer did the MVP awards Conner and I took over as volunteers. This was the case I believe for the last 3 seasons. When last year's season ended I emailed 9 people other than myself who were eligible to vote and I received 3 emails back. The concerns we had were two fold: a) there was a very shallow response which we felt did not lend to a well rounded award ceremony, b) as a Captain/Assistant, with 3 responses that meant I had 25% of the voting sway and I was not comfortable with that. We still feel very bad given the circumstances and while we meant to follow up possibly with an extension it fell through the cracks and we're sorry for that. Last year was an exception because we generally receive good feedback on votes. This year maybe voting can be opened up to all participants.
Appreciate the response, Hope. Thank you! While I agree with Alastair that it's not too late, I also agree that it would not have been right or fair to base a decision on such a low percentage of returned votes.

Return to “Duel of Fists (OOC)”