Crossroads/OOC

Stories, continued and interrupted, of beings from wherever the sky calls to the dreamers, the wind whispers to the wanderers, and the road calls to the determined.

Moderators: Pharlen, Mist Gul

Sulissurn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Crossroads/OOC

Post by Sulissurn »

I did not know Dee personally at first. A long time ago, in an AOL far away, I restarted my RP journey with a screen name of AShadow0fme with a red-headed, skinny, tom-boyish, ridiculous character called Shadow who was filled with reflections of my happier, more hyperactive, weird self. Rick Halliburton and Desdenova welcomed my red-headed weirdo with gusto.

Eventually, I began to know her as a person through RP and through Facebook. I knew that Dee had some health issues and concerns, and I was privileged to know her husbeast and family through the window of facebook. When I left RP and Facebook, of course, I fell out of touch, but whenever I popped in like a nasty rash into the discord or the forums, she was always ready with a smile, a hello, and to catch up on our lives.

She had the envious talent of somehow being able to keep up with a room of 30+ people, RP with people, and react to everything happening in it, and when I was able, have always tried to emulate that--to little success. If there were someone she could take under her RP wing or include on a crazy wonderful storyline that was either just random RP in a room or a thread, she would.

I was informed of her passing, as I just don't have the wherewithal or bandwidth these days to keep up with RP, Discord or forums (and I really should someday) due to my line of work now, as I write 8 hours a day five days a week and it takes a lot out of me. I am so sorry I could not say another hello and goodbye to you, Dee. Your kindness and ability to include a room and everyone with any character will be missed.

You will be missed.
I hope your family knows we loved you, we will miss you, and other players can continue your legacy of always being a whirlwind of a delightful oddity in writing and role-lay.

Rest weirdly and wonderfully wherever you are.
The saints can't help me now; the ropes have been unbound
I hunt for you with bloody feet across the hallowed ground
I want to find you, tear out all your tenderness and
howl, howl, howl.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Deanne was such an important part of our community and her loss will be felt for a long time. She was such a creative spirit and she was so warm and open and welcoming. She was always so supportive of my characters and my events. I feel like we've lost a part of our community's creative soul.

On a personal note, when I was grieving a loss in my life, I wrote an SL for my character, Lucy Mitford, who was also dealing with regret and loss and needing to let go. It was a heavy story, and Deanne was so gracious to write along with me with her character Benjamin Piers, along with Jack Scot, another member of our community lost too soon. Reading back through those scenes now, I feel so humbled to have written such beautiful, thoughtful stories with Deanne and Jack. I'm pretty certain that that storyline is the best thing I've ever written in my entire life, and I couldn't have done it without their insightful characters and writing (and so many others who participated along the way). It was something I needed to write at the time, and I'm so grateful to the support they gave to me with their time and writing.

My heart goes out to her family and to the many friends here who I know cherished her.
The Redneck
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by The Redneck »

Today is Deanna’s memorial.
Her husband mentioned that if anyone wanted they could make a donation to one of her favorite charities in her name, link is below.
https://donkeyland.org

Return to “Crossroads”