Character Playlists

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Nero Zhir
RoH Official
RoH Official
The Virtuoso

Character Playlists

Post by Nero Zhir »

I've been stumbling over songs lately (last year until now) that after listening, during listening, I realize really vibe with Nero. I've been compiling them here and I'm just curious if anyone else does the same thing? I use this for dueling in challenges and writing :-D
Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Re: Character Playlists

Post by Spell »

I don't really have a playlist but here's some from my bookmarks lol.

Punishing Gray Raven (战双帕弥什) OST: Hikari was there for almost any of the recent challenges I've had, which I know isn't many! But it's still been a good one to keep me focused.
Final Fantasy XIV - Abyssos Sixth/Seventh Circle Theme "Scream"
Panic! At The Disco: Emperor's New Clothes

Coheed and Cambria - Number City, and much of the Coheed and Cambria discography, is something I listened to a lot while writing for Jesse. Number City is just one that always fit the best.
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

I've done playlists for a few of my characters, though it's been a while since I've created anything new -- character or playlist-wise. I try to make them fit thematically, while also having them be artists/songs I like. I generally use them as an aural inspiration board for my writing. In no particular order:
Last edited by Bailey Raptis on Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

I have a Saints & Sinners playlist for Karma, along with a pan²ic specific playlist for her club. I also have character specific playlists for both regular writing and for dueling stuff. The latter have become almost superstitious things for me, if I listen to the wrong one while dueling with the incorrect character, I inevitably lose.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

Oh yes. I've been doing this for years. There was once a Rhydin Community Polyvore Contest that I made a couple "albums" for. I put two of them in my Vinyl Collection thread. I have a whole bunch more on my Spotify. The one I use to put my brain in the right headspace for dueling with Sal and Autumn Sal themed writing is perspective 13. I also have a 41 hour long Sal Mood Music playlist that I've been filling up for like probably a decade now haha. That one's just full of songs I like that make me think Sal, and I've been struggling to pare it down. And then I have a dozen other albums for other characters, character pairings, family groups, moods, and more.
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Josette Wheeler »

Absolutely do the same thing. I tend to listen to a lot of movie soundtracks when I write, but I have specific playlists for each character. Josie is very airy and ethereal, so I like to listen to certain playlists for writing her as opposed to Alara, Vail and Aviana. I love how each character has their own unique sound!
“Perfection is static, and I am in full progress.”
—Anaïs Nin
Ebon Ilnaren
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black Knight

Post by Ebon Ilnaren »

I made a whole soundtrack for Ebon, but as far as challenges go, well, that's a whole separate playlist.

However, the last track on that collection, "Sirius/Eye In The Sky" by Alan Parsons Project, would probably start off said playlist.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”