Challenge for the Tenth

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Max Blue
Adventurer
Adventurer

Challenge for the Tenth

Post by Max Blue »

To all,

I have challenged Var Medici-Giovanni for the Tenth Baronial Ring.

Max Quinlan Blue
DUEL Chris Graz
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by DUEL Chris Graz »

As sent to the Council:

In the challenge by Max Blue to the Tenth ring, Baron Var Medici-Giovanni is in forfeit for failure to respond within the one week time frame.

After speaking with the Warlord, he expressed his wish to have his peer wins and right to challenge returned to him, and I have granted that.

However, to the Council I bring forward the fate of Baron Var and the Tenth ring. You are charged with deciding weather or not he should be punished for his failure to respond, or if he should be allowed to retain the ring.

I expect a decision by this Wednesday, before the next standings are posted. I leave this in the Overlord's hands now to lead the council to a decision.

Chris Graziano
DoS Supervisor
Chris Graziano
DoS Supervisor
Deluthan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Deluthan »

Council--

Given the events of recent months, I would like to see the community take a more stern approach toward absent Barons. I feel that, at this point, the Baronial rings should be a more present and active fixture in the Arena. Too much blood has been shed for the safety of the sport to condone such behavior.

Deluthan
Elijah
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Solaris Manor or Dancing Dragon Cantina, RhyDin city

Post by Elijah »

Honor for the sport and for the title would seem to me that if one is forfiet in challenge for lack of response, one is forfiet of such challenged title for lack of respect to be attentive to the lifestyle of being said title holder.
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

Patrons,
Below, for your information, please find the lines I had directed to the council on this matter.
Topaz

Overlord, Barons,

I too wonder why the challenger was given back his peerwins and right of challenge without the council's input on the matter. The Baron, failing to reply to the challenge within the acceptable amount of time, should be declared in forfeit. Therefor the ring ought to be made a prize to be won in the next Warlord Tournament.
Overstepping the council on the part the council used to meet over to make a decision in similar cases, and leaving the part that is defined by the rules for the council to convene over makes little logical sense to me. But, I'm a fairy and a female one at that. So what do I know about the logic of human males, right?

Topaz
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

I was going to say something, But I don't want to be misunderstood. If Anyone had previously read what I posted before I tore it down, disregard it.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Elijah
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Elijah »

I think its more ignorant to suggest a battle of the sexes or slamming one's ability to make a desciion based on their gender.
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

Elijah,
No such things were suggested.
Topaz
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Though I don't wish to start any arguments, I think I must point out one thing.

Elijah states "I think its more ignorant to suggest a battle of the sexes or slamming one's ability to make a desciion based on their gender."

To which Topaz responded "No such things were suggested. "

I feel I must point out that in the lines directed to the council, Topaz states "But, I'm a fairy and a female one at that. So what do I know about the logic of human males, right? "

This is indeed suggesting a decision based on gender, and race as well, I might add.

I dislike the suggestion that a decision was made simply because of them being human males. Perhaps decisions were made based on facts at hand and not simply because of ones race or gender?

Simply G.
Rory Laurent
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rory Laurent »

And now my secret is out! I am male. I admit it. I feel so ashamed for hiding it for so long but it feels good to have this off of my chest. Thank you for taking this burden from me, Topaz.

- Rory

P.S. Can we try to keep this from my husband? It might freak him out a bit.
Elijah
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Elijah »

Thank you, Gnort, for making the point for me.
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

Elijah, G'nort,
I wish you would read was actually was written instead of searching for a meaning that simply isn't there. I politely voiced my disagreement with a decision, allowed that the decision maker had good reason to overstep the council, and invited the same to voice those reasons.

Rory, please let me remind you that my original post in this set of posts is in regards to the decision made by Chris (not you) concerning the 10th ring.

Topaz
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Topaz,

I did read what was actually written. Which is why I made the point I did.

G
Arane Nausikaa
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Arane Nausikaa »

Topaz,

You used the word "males" which would suggest that more than one male was involved in the decision. While the Assistant Supervisor's remark was silly and flippant, I believe it was meant to remind you that one with female genitals was also involved in the decision-making process.

The Arena has seen such outstanding female duelists pass through its doors. However, you are and will continue to be a joke. Your idiotic self-depreciating comment regarding being simply a "fairy" and a "female" was only the latest. Not once on this board has your intellect been brought into question because of your race or your gender.

As you can see, by bringing up your "handicap" in such a manner, people were distracted from your point. There are young girls across RhyDin who look up to you, baroness. Please give them a better example to follow.

As for the issue at hand, I join my husband in applauding Max's efforts in attempting to rid the Council of the sleeping barons. The Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor's obvious attempts to aid in this do seem to fly in the face of tradition. However, unlike Topaz, I do have enough common sense to see that this is probably not a precedent that will last after the dead weight has been trimmed from the Council.

Until such a time, perhaps we can contain the feminine hysterics?

Arane Nausikaa Ganderfald
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

Arane,
For your benefit I will repeat myself:
I wish you would read was actually was written instead of searching for a meaning that simply isn't there. I politely voiced my disagreement with a decision, allowed that the decision maker had good reason to overstep the council, and invited the same to voice those reasons.
Let me remind you that my original post in this set of posts is in regards to the decision made by Chris (not Rory) concerning the 10th ring.
Topaz

Return to “The Arena”