New T-shirts

The lives of the infamous Wrecking Crew

Moderators: Ticallion Carter, Myria Graziano, Ria Graziano, Maria Graziano

Bode
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer
Location: If I ain't at Hammer's, I'm at Kitsune. If I ain't there, I'm at home.

New T-shirts

Post by Bode »

The president of Wrecking Crew merchandising made a visit to the production plant to meet with the design team. It had been two days since he held a teleconference urging them to find a new way to market the Bode Bojangles name as Bojangles jersey sales had dropped to the same level as the Sullivan. The head of the design team met with the president and led him back to a rack of black t-shirts along the wall of the production room.

"Okay, we've closed down mass production of the Bojangles jersey and have reserved it to special order. Considering Big Bode never wears one anyway, I doubt he'll miss it." The design-team head pushed aside a few of the t-shirts to look at the front of one, then removed it from the hanger. "We're going to begin producing two t-shirt designs. Here's one."

He handed the president the shirt, who clutched it by the shoulders and let it drape down in order to see the front. There was a picture of Bode from the waist up, both arms raised in his victory pose with index fingers jabbing the sky, a smug tilt of a smirk on his face. Across the top it said "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?"

The president gave a short chuckle. "That's good."

"That's for the Bode-loving WRC fan. Now, we did some checking on fan polls that have been conducted over the past couple years, and we found that if you're a Crew fan, you either love the redneck, or you can't stand him. The polls actually lean heavily in favor of the "can't stand" crowd..." He began sifting through the t-shirts before stopping on one. "For every one of those, we'll make two of these." This time he handed over the t-shirt still on the hanger.

On the front of the second t-shirt was a close up just of Bode's head--no neck or body--his face adroop in his familiar post-loss scowl, his eyes rolled up. Hovering over his head just under the right shoulder of the t-shirt was a picture of an unhappy, pink-puppet baby dinosaur recognizable to anyone who had watched a certain television show from some years ago, its jaw open as if screaming something. Directly above Bode's head it said, "NOT THE MAMA!!!"

A smile creeped onto the president's face and widened. "Brilliant! Make sure Brian in the Kitsune soundbooth knows what's going on. I'm sure he can have some fun with this."

Return to “Wrecking Crew”