Guardian Wolf

Located in the Old Temple District of Rhydin City.

Moderator: Xenograg

Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Guardian Wolf

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

From the Arena, the elder Kurgen had asked his lord to take him to Xenodar. The world around him shifted again like sand in an hourglass, and it was inside of a small tent they appeared. As Sylus had never been to the Steppe where construction was taking place, it was rather puzzled look that spread across his face as he glanced around in confusion.

" Well I guess there isn't any point in messing around." Kneeling down he put the last figuring on the carpet covering the bottom of the tent and started to pour out another pile of ash

"Wait, wolf-ling, I think your "mentor" is here in the waking world, if you wait a moment, he just may take that nap. Should he sleep you'll catch him flickering in and out of this world, you wish to speak with him, you have to grab him at the right time to keep him anchored here."

The giant wolf turned to look at his child before guiding him over to a divan. "Well this whole experience is new to me, so I'll take your word for it. " Kneeling down, one hand still curled into that thick blackish gray fur, and just...waits.

When the image of Xenograg began to flicker in and out of existance atop the divan, Sylus's gloved hand shot out and put a firm grip on his mentor's shoulder, anchoring him in place. Just hopes letting go of him won't send him back to the waking world as it would for himself right now.

Sylus instantly noticed the personal wards about his teacher when a sharp pain lanced through his hand, forcing him to pull back after the moments contact, but thankfully Xeno didn't fade, though he wasn't completely present. His teacher's outline seemed to have a faded look to it similar to that of a ghost.

After that moments contact Sylus heared himself addressed by an unknown party "Identify yourself, sir!"

it seemed a fourth personality had arrived and soon showed itself. Appearing dressed to the nines in scale armor, helmet, and shield.

Sylus bit down the impulse to reply "I am a meat popsicle" and simply cleared his throat. Standing nice and tall, his grip in Fenrir's fur tightened a moment as he looked around for this new visitor. Then raised a brow at the full armor.

"Sylus?" The soft spoken words by the stranger made the Kurgen raise a brow. Seems this figure knew who he was. That was easier than he thought, but once again he had to bite down a remark along the lines of "No, it's the tooth fairy."

Instead he just gave a nod to the figure "I am, and who are you?" More of a nervous reaction his hand combed through the pony sized wolf at his size.

Without another word the warrior moved to Xenograg and touched his forehead with the palm of his hand causing Xeno awaken in this dreamscape. "Teraden?"

"Sylus is here to see you." Straight to business then. Sylus liked that trait in many.

"Indeed?" Moving to sit up the Generals eyes moved to rest on his studen.

"Morning Xenograg." A bow given to his teacher, though his hand still never left the pony sized wolf's fur. The large animal merely gave the General a respectful nod

"Afternoon, actually. Dream-travel now?" The older man waved off his question and continued. "I guess you have a limited time here. How are you faring?"

"I'm..." The question caught Sylus slightly off guard as he'd never given thought to himself in the last few days since traveling the dream lands. "Coping, though time in Mellor did help, but when I left the pain returned. Seems the lands healing attributes were not enough for me, however it was good to spend time among my friends. The elves of the high pass were very welcoming to me."

Sylus stopped a moment to let those words put his teacher at ease and continued. "I need to know how Alais is, I'll explain why I sought you out this way after you answer." Sylus knew that kind of response was unlike him, but he needed his mentor's answer to know if what had been troubling his sleep was a a longing heart, or premonition. He'd had a few before, if rarely. Xenograg's answer was not quite what he hoped to hear.

"I see Alais only briefly in the Arena when I do. She is still busy in Matlal."

At least she was in a place that was safe. Sylus hoped the Isles were safe anyway.

With a nod he turned to look at the large wolf almost in question, words passed between them unspoken. After another moment Sylus turned his eyes back to Xenograg.

" For a long time, my dreams were peaceful, but a few weeks ago I started to dream things I do not understand. It seemed the second I returned to my bed and closed my eyes I saw Alais, and a sea of darkness. I don't know whether this is my own heart wanting to be with her or some kind of premonition. I'm not known for having that particular gift."

"Considering the Annaran legacy, I would venture it is not just your own heart. " Xenograg was not going to speak of Daemonblade. Which would be for the best as Sylus was concerned enough for the one he still loves.

"The man in me doesn't know what is going on with her. But the wolf says something isn't right. Wolves like any other wild animal are more attune to sensing danger, even where their pack is conserned. And I do consider you, Alais, and my other friends as part of my pack."

"She may very well be. You know her, of course. She will not accept help. And she can take care of herself." It seemed to Sylus that Xenograg kept something back but he let the feeling slide, it was probably a minor bit of advice.

"I'm not so sure in this case, but there is little I can do. I could go to Matlal. "Once more Sylus let his eyes rest on his Lord. "But I don't think they'd appreciate the entrance my lord would make."

"I do not even know how to get there, myself." That part did surpsrise Sylus given the friendship between Tass and Xenograg. He filed it away for a later time.

~It is possible for many higher beings, though uninvited is quite an insult~ The words were were a soft growl of telepathy as the wolf turned then and bowed to Xenograg.

The slighlty surprised look on his teachers face was amusing for a momened as Xenograg raised an eyebrow. "Indeed."

"I'm not ready to come back yet Xeno, it feels like too soon. I left clues around the city for Alais to seek me out so I could.." He had to stop mid sentence as he realized his social blunder. "General Xenograg, meet Fenrir, God of Wolves. My Lord Fenrir, meet General Xenograg, my mentor."

"Well met, My Lord." It was then that Xenograg gestured to the armored figure. "This is Teraden, my spirit guide." Man and wolf gave a nod to Teraden almost in unison, but it was Fenrir who sensed that Teraden is the spirit of a deceased human. "And friend.

At that last Xenograg smiled. "And good friend." the look caused Teraden grin right back.

Sylus looked from one to the other, hoping someday he may have a friend as such before resting ambers on his mentor again. "Well at least I found a god to believe in, Teacher." That hand kept combing through the large wolf's fur.

"That is a good thing" It didn't seem the time to bring up his own recent change in divine patron to Sylus. "You have done what you can, Sylus. It will have to suffice."

"I have learned much about my animal half in my time here. Things I should have known all along. But that can be discussed later. I cannot say this to Alais myself, but the time for her to make a choice draws near. She will know the choices. And each revolves around a blade, a dragon, and a shadow. All will cost her something irreplacable."

"She likely does. It has been said before that she is stubborn." That was a point Xenograg didn't really need to bring up as it was a well established aspect of her personality. At times Alais was as stubborn as a child who refused to lay down for an afternoon nap.

"I don' think it is stubbornness, but she acts before considering how her actions will be recieved. When Ulysses returned, she was torn. I could smell it on her and told Alais to consider the path that would hurt us all the least. She chose what would hurt the most. But it was still her choice, and what's done is done."

Sylus felt the time slipping away from him and cleared his throat again. "I hate to put you in this position, Xenograg, but someone needs to tell her of this. And I know of no other to ask."

"I can try."

~ No one gets points for trying, do or do not. There is no try.~ Fenrir got a disparraging look from Sylus, the look was followed by a sigh.

"Yes, though we are discussing Alais."

"That's why I didn't say anything." Weak little raise of a hand with a sheepish smile from the youngest person in the room. "But do what you can, Teacher, I left her ways to find me. And I'll be in the high bluffs of Mellor for another week before moving on into the dwarven lands north of there." Figures it'd be good for Xenograg to know where he's headed next. "I'm still close..."

"Understood I have your device, as well."

"I left one with Alais, but knowing her she has put it in a drawer or something believing the wards around the Emerald Isles would not allow it's summoning power to work. Which is probably more than true, but I doubt those would interfere with the telepathic aspect. I just wanted to leave her a way to contact me if she needed to." Sylus had to close his eyes a moment as a memory flitted through his thoughts, though it was not his own. Some days being a "twin" was not pleasant, though this time it was useful. Eyes opened once again as he gave a soft shrug. "Doens't matter now. I'll keep my shields down where the devices are concerned. It'is time for me to go, I've interrupted your rest long enough."

"Take care, Sylus."

"It's no longer about me, Xenograg. In my own naivete I've bound myself to Alais tighter than I thought. Not even sure death can sever these, but it can try. Fare well, Xenograg."

With that said a smile softened his troubled face as the hand lifted from Fenrir's side and man and wolf both vanished like an image being wiped away from fogged glass.
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~

Return to “Dojo Darelir”