Elimination Stage Rule Change

Past events.
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Elimination Stage Rule Change

Post by Random McChanse »

I highly apologize for this, I know it's somewhat irresponsible for me to be making rule changes to a stage after it's been run.

However, when I first wrote up the scoring rules, I had no idea so many people would show up for an elimination stage. The intention was to give everyone who participated a point, and then more points the farther up the bracket they made it.

And therefore, that's exactly what I'm changing it to (the Brawl scoring will also be changed to be number-neutral to an extent).

SP/FP/MP
1st in a S/F/M Elimination stage: 5
2nd in a S/F/M Elimination stage: 4
Semifinals of a S/F/M Elimination stage: 3
Quarterfinals of a S/F/M Elimination stage: 2
Participation in a S/F/M Elimination stage (non-cumulative): 1

1st in a S/F/M Brawl stage: 5
2nd in a S/F/M Brawl stage: 4
3rd in a S/F/M Brawl stage: 3
Top 50% of a S/F/M Brawl stage: 2
Participation in a S/F/M Brawl stage (non-cumulative): 1
So, basically, if you participate, you are guaranteed at least one point for that sport's category. And if only 8 or less people show up for a elimination stage, then each person gets at least 2 points.

In terms of Stage 1, that means Matt and Amaltea both get 3 SP, those who made it past the first round get 2 SP, and everyone who didn't make it past the first round get 1 SP.

Again, I apologize. I know changing the results post-event is not acceptable practice, but I want the scoring to be fair, and it wouldn't be right to make this change and "shaft" all those who participated in the first and second rounds of the Stage 1 tournament, as it were.
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.

Return to “Tour Archives 2006”