A Meeting.

Stories of the those from House Dragoon Talanador, the Company of the Dragon and the Tavern itself.

Moderator: G

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

A Meeting.

Post by G »

It was a rather dark and snowy night. Thick flakes fell from the sky landing peacefully on the ground without so much as a gentle whisper announcing their impact. It was quiet all down the road towards the lone, brightly lit building just off the path.

Aside from the typical sounds of those inside this Tavern, whooping, hollaring and having a general good time all around was the crunching of boots through the snow along the side. It would have been easier to walk in the road, but the person in question would rather have cold feet then get his boots covered in the muck and mud that comes from slushy ground after horses and carriages travel through it.

The man stomped his feet several times at the doorway of the Tavern and looked up at the old sign to be sure he had the correct one. "The Hogs Head." it said. He smirked, thinking it was a silly name and that the sign being in the shape of a pigs head was a rather poor advertising ploy.

Shaking his head, he pushed the door open and made his way inside, shrugging off his travelling cloak and folding it over his arm. Everyone had stopped and looked in his direction, seeking an idea of who this man was and if he'd be some sort of trouble. When it was decided that he was just a regular person, everyone went about their business and the hooting resumed.

The man then removed his plumed hat, dusting off the snow accumulated by smacking it against his hip. Skilled adventurer eyes slowly took the scene before him in, going over each booth one at a time until he found the darkest one. His goal would undoubtedly make sure to get the darkest booth in the darkest corner with the best amount of darkness surrounding him.

Of course, that made it rather easy to spot, and if anyone was trying to hide, they'd fail due to how much it really stood out among the rest of the bright room. Shaking his head again, the man took confident strides towards this darkened section and helped himself to a seat.

"You know, Akamet." G'nort sighed, "You stick out like a red dragon in a herd full of silver."

"But of course, my dear Talanador. You vould not expect me to zimply blend in, no? It is not our style." Akamet responded heartily. "Vould you like me to order you zomesink to drink?"
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

"Do you think they have hot chocolate up there?" G replied, glancing doubtfully towards the bar. After a few moments, he looked back to his host, then chuckled softly. "No, I don't suppose they do, and I wouldn't trust the water they have here anyway. Still, it would be nice, considering the weather being what it is. Something about the snow reminds me of the way Kaja makes cocoa. She uses real chocolate and everything, and her concoction is simply to die for... well, or it would be for those of us who could die."

Akamet snorted derisively at that. "You sink zat just because I cannot die through normal means that I cannot appreciate a good flavor. Vell I tell you I can and vill hear nozzink to ze contrary!"

"No, no, of course not. Anyway, I don't think you called me here just to discuss flavors and what a place like this would serve. By the way, couldn't you have found anything.. well, more upscale than this? Honestly, half the snow was melted out front because of what the horses did to it. It was hard enough navigating through snow let alone the road in front of this place." G sniffed indignantly.

"Oh yes, you haf so changed through out zese years, Master Talanador. You are such the nobleman now. I vould not have recognized you from ze time you travelled through ze sewers of Nyrond just to ensure zat ze dwarf, Nalur, repaid your loan for ze dragon armor. Nor would I haf known you to brave ze dust storms of Rarys desert just to invade his tower. You are much to timid for zat, da?"

"Well. I'm not as young as I used to be, Akamet. I'm older, wiser, and far more cunning than I used to be. And while my age may have started to slow me down, my mind is as sharp as ever. So don't try to con a con man and change the subject. While it's nice to catch up on old times, what news have you on the task I requested." G stated plainly.

Akamet took on a wounded air. "It pains me to see you haf changed so, Lord Talanador. Very well."

"Ze land you command has changed of late. You vill find that *you* vill be unable to enter certain areas. Zat is because you are ze master of ze land, bound to is by ze ceremony of long ago that gave you ze right to lord over it by its people. It is an old and dark magic of vhich zere is little known, apparantly. And once ze land had its king, the rest took form. Acts of great evil seperated your land into several smaller domains. Currently you control the largest portion, but ze acts of late haf caused some instability."

"Wait, I don't think I get it exactly." G questioned. "I'm not really evil, but I control a land that is split up by acts of evil?"

"You are not as good as you pretend to be, Master Talanador. You cannot fool me, ve know our own." replied Akamet. "In any case, your land is not breaking up, it is still vone land. Zink of it as, hmm.. a country zat has broken into several smaller kingdoms. You are ze emporer, but zere are leetle kings running around inside your empire."

"I'm not sure I like the sound of this."
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

"Vell, ze main task you put me on vas to find zis 'Dread Lycan gang.' Vhen I found zem, I should haf been able to destroy even ze smallest, a leetle rat-man called 'Corman.' Vell vhen I found him, he was captured. Zen, he proceeded to destroy most violently his captors. After zat, he broke into a small farmhouse and murdered ze family zat lived zere. Vhen he did zis, zere vas a mist and zen Corman found himself stuck in a small domain of his own."

"I can only tell you vhat I witnessed. I felt ze powers creating it, being a creature of darkness myself and I assure you I vas cowed. I had considered finishing your task, but zen I realized, vhat if my act is equal to them, and I create a domain as well. I decided to vait for ze now and confer wis you on ze matter." Akamet took a sip from his glass, staring across the table at the Baron and watching for his reaction.

A few minutes passed, and Gnort looked to Akamet. "I really wanted to just know why you chose this dive of a tavern, not all that. However, I needed to know this as well. This information is quite interesting to say the least. I have several theories, and each is as unlikely as the next."

G stared out of the window beside him, watching snow fall reflecting the moonlight from above the tavern. He weighed his options, debating on what he can do from what he should do.

"We need to experiment. Kill one of these 'Domain Lords' and see what happens. The list I have, The Drow Witch in the Northlands, the self styled Zombie lord, Adam, a nutjob puppeteer, these lycanthropes, a ghost ship, Lord Krynon who is apparently a Death Knight and some Lich." G'nort sighed slowly. "I wouldn't mind the witch being eliminated, but if we were to test, it would have to be an easier target. That means either the Zombie Lord, the ToyMaker, or one of the Lycans. Advice?"

Akamet stared thoughtfully into his drink. G just happens to notice the dark color of it means that it's not exactly something he'd be interested in trying and grimaces slightly, looking away. A few moments pass and Akamet speaks softly.

"I vould recommend either ze Rat or ze Zombie Lord. But I cannot do it myself. For I haf no wish to be trapped in a domain on your land. I suggest you make arrangements elsewhere. I shall remain, however, in your employment for some time to come. I do not mind performing spy tactics and espionage for you. I find it exhilirating for ze moment."

"All right then." G nodded. "I suppose I shall let myself out and hope noone I know saw me in a such a dive like this." He gave a weak smile and stood, replacing the hat and cloak. "By the way, I'd see about a new source of nourishment. The local government has been complaining about there livestock losing blood recently. They think it was some sort of vampire." He smirked.

"I cannot imagine vhere zey got zat idea from. I haf my own stocks to choose from, and I vould not stoop to lifestock. Hmph." came the indignant reply.

G just smiled and turned to the exit, pondering this new turn of developments.

Return to “Golden Ivy Tavern”