Duel Master Qualifier Structure Poll

How should the qualifiers be structured?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:49 am

2 Single Elimination Tournaments per Discipline
11%
1 One-Night Double Elimination Tournament per Discipline
56%
1 Two-Night Double Elimination Tournament per Discipline
33%

Total votes: 9
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Duel Master Qualifier Structure Poll

Post by Random McChanse »

The simplest way to get 6 duelists from the qualifiers would be to hold 2 single elimination tournaments within each discipline and send the winners to the tournament.

However, I think that method is a little too random as a lucky duelist can beat a better duelist in a single duel. Therefore, I'm considering making the qualifiers be double-elimination tournaments in each discipline, with the winner of the winner's bracket and the winner of the loser's bracket moving on to the Duel Master. The two problems with this method are 1) such a tournament would take longer than a single night if enough people participate, and 2) if a duelist could not make that night, he/she would miss out on qualifying through that discipline entirely.

Therefore, I suggest making the qualifiers two-night double elimination tournaments, with the first night covering the winner's bracket and the second night covering the loser's bracket. Duelists who show up the second night can get in on the first round of the loser's bracket. All byes that result from this would be determined by the returning duelist's PDPD for the duel they lost to go into the loser's bracket.

Since I want there to be a good turnout for the qualifiers, I'm leaving up to you all to determine whether the qualifiers will be 6 single elimination tournaments, 3 double elimination tournaments, or 3 two-night double elimination tournaments. Please vote and reply to this post with any comments you might have!
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

For a tournament/event like Duel Master I think the best way to decide entrants is with double elimination, as it really is too easy for a lucky duelist to sneak in through single elimination.

Also, I think the deciding factor for a one night or two night event will be the amount of entrants. Personally I don't see any discipline other than DoS needing a two nighter as that would most likely be the largest of the three. My suggestion would be to announce double elim and decide the amount of nights based on the total number of entrants that show up.

Return to “Duel Master Archives”