Post by Random McChanse »

Date: TBA

Time: TBA

First Duel: TBA
Second Duel: TBA
Third Duel: TBA

Results: TBA

Random Insight:

This is one of the duels that I was hoping a tournament like the Duel Master would provide. Tass got his invitation in true King-of-Commoners style by sweeping the ground with his two opponents in the DoM qualifier. Vanion, on the other hand, grinded his way to the top of each discipline, earning his invitation the hard way. But what they share in common is a solid core coupled with tremendous highs and lows; every now and then, they'll pull out a huge win under the pressure, but both have crumbled spectacularly when no one expected. This, and their relative equality of skill in two out of the three disciplines (although I expect Vanion to vehemently disagree on this point) makes this a difficult match to predict. Swords will be a well-contested duel indeed, but I'm giving Vanion the edge here due to his enmity regarding Tass's taking the Red jersey in last year's Tour. Fists, on the other hand, will not be as close. Vanion holds a significant advantage in skill and experience in hand-to-hand combat, and it is here he will want to rack up the points to assure his victory. Magic will be another closely-contested matchup, but considering Vanion has not dueled in some time, and will have to get used to not being able to use his Mage-level spells, I will give Tass the advantage in this duel. However, I don't think that advantage will be enough to overcome the lead Vanion is likely to take in the Fists match, and so I'm going to go with Vanion for the overall win.

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Tasslehofl Momus
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Tasslehofl Momus »

Random McChanse wrote:

4. Vanion
vs
13. Tass

Any time after 8:30p EST (no weekends at the moment)

Since I don't know Vanion's first choice.. I'll put down my list in order.. and if he chooses the same as me for the first, then my #2 will be my choice. If he does not choose the same as my first, then my #1 will be my choice.

1. Fists
2. Magic
3. Swords
Tasslehofl Momus
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Due to the lack of consideration from various parties, I am withdrawing from this blunder of an event.

Ask if you care to know.
Vanion Shadowcast
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Archpriest of Myr'Khul

Post by Vanion Shadowcast »

I have attempted to entice my opponent into facing me with a possible positive outcome for himself - but I do believe that he has decided to withdrawal. I am prepared for the next round.
Tasslehofl Momus
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Well past the post scribed deadline of the first week.

Return to “Duel Master Archives”