Post by Random McChanse »

Date: Wednesday, August 15th

Time: 9 PM EST

First Duel: Fists
Second Duel: TBA
Third Duel: TBA

Results: TBA

Random Insight:
Liena Hope is the lady of the hour here at the Duel Master, with a dominating 8.5-0 victory over one of the strongest multi-discipline duelists in the history of Rhy'Din, Cassius Maximus. Bran Bale, on the other hand, narrowly scraped a 3-2.5 win over Rena Cronin, which was more due to Rena's weakness in Fists than Bran's dueling prowess (though he made an admirable showing in Swords). Bran has decided to lead out with his strongest discipline, Fists. This is a good move in my opinion, as Liena only managed a single point lead in Fists against Cassius, and she had to come back from a 4-2 deficit to do so. If Bran plays his cards right, it's likely that he will take an early lead that Liena will have to catch up to, a key psychological victory for the lizardman. However, he will have to be careful, as Liena has proved herself plenty capable of handling the intricaties of Fists. Magic, on the other hand, is Liena's territory...despite holding one of the highest non-Mage ranks on the Isle, it is clear from the previous round that unless Liena makes some big mistakes that Bran is going to be trounced in this discipline. Therefore, I believe Swords will be the deciding discipline in this match. Bran performed admirably in the first round, holding the Baroness to a single point, but Liena was the truly impressive one here, with fearless and tricky swordplay leading her to a 5-2 defeat of Cassius. Based on this showing, I think Liena will either take the duel or keep Bran's win low enough to take the lead back with a big Magic win, and so I'm going with Liena for the match win.

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
DUEL Azjah
RoH Official
RoH Official

Bran Bale vs Liena Hope Swords & Magic

Post by DUEL Azjah »

First match: Swords:
Bran Bale .def. Liena Hope, 5-2 in 5 rounds

Ring Rigel 1: Bran cuts hi with that clover leaf spear, but Liena has cut low and both get to bleed. 1 all

Ring Rigel 2: Bran's stop hit does just that as Liena goes for the thrust. 2-1 Bran

Ring Rigel 3: Bran's lo cut slices well below the fancy lateral parry Liena sought to use. 3-1 Bran

Ring Rigel 4: Bran cuts hi, Liena cuts low, and once again both bleed in the trade off. 4-2 Bran

Ring Rigel 5: Bran's fancy dancing gains him a full style point as Liena tries out a very fancy circular parry. Bran secures the win, 5-2 in 5 rounds

Second match: Magic
Bran Bale .def. Liena Hope, 5-1.5 in 9 rounds

Ring Rigel 1: Bran's shield cannot keep out the icy cold Liena summoned in from the arctic. 0.5-0 Liena

Ring Rigel 2: Bran's Scaly Claw of Doom can't get a fix on the ghostly Liena! 1-0 Liena

Ring Rigel 3: Bran displaces and avoids the meteors Liena sought to bury him under. 1-0.5 Liena

Ring Rigel 4: Bran's sharp pointy blades get melted in the heat of Liena's mage bolt. 1.5-0.5 Liena

Ring Rigel 5: Bran's fearsome Scaly Claw of Doom reaches right past the mirror Liena conjured, and he ties it up 1.5 all

Ring Rigel 6: Bran's shield saves him from the damage of Liena's mind whip. 2-1.5 Bran

Ring Rigel 7: Bran's meteors come raining down on Liena. Her mage bolt is no contest! 3-1.5 Bran

Ring Rigel 8: Bran's scaly claw of doom reaches right through Liena's noxious fumes! 4-1.5 Bran

Ring Rigel 9: Bran's mage bolt sears right through Liena's arctic blast for the hit and the win. 5-1.5 in 9
Azjah Telyria Danaan Caer
Marchioness von Triberg
Baroness von Drachen Walde
DUEL Des
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Des »

Ooppsss. I didn't know what it took to be a Duel Master Referee so this post is a day late as they fought this DoF match last night in The Outback and not the Annex and I even used the Callers Tool no less. And it happened at 9pm EST. Sooooo I'll just be on my way now.

Third Match: Fists

HAVEN Rd 1) LiLi gets way the heck outta Dodge! (fancydodge/jab) 1 - 0 L
HAVEN Rd 2) Bran takes LiLi downtown! (sweep/fancyarmblock) 1 - All

HAVEN Rd 3) BEATINGS! YAY!!! (jab/chop) 2 - All

HAVEN Rd 5) No joy for either! (sweep/feintjab) 2 - All

HAVEN Rd 5) Bran gets way up high and gets himself a point! (fancyleap/flip) 3 - 2 B

HAVEN Rd 6) LiLi blocks that one! (armblock/jab) 3 - 2+ B

HAVEN Rd 7) Another block by LiLi and she converts to a full point and ties this one up folks! (legblock/snapkick) 3 - All

HAVEN Rd 8) LiLi takes Bran downtown! (sweep/fancydodge) 4 - 3 L

HAVEN Rd 9) LiLi brings this one home by getting way the heck outta Dodge folks! (fancydodge/flip) 5 - 3 L

Final Liana Hope .def. Bran Bale, 5-3 in 9

Return to “Duel Master Archives”