Of the Tides and Time

Stories of the those from House Dragoon Talanador, the Company of the Dragon and the Tavern itself.

Moderator: G

Drakewyn
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Of the Tides and Time

Post by Drakewyn »

"Drakewyn Anastasia Alabaster Silvertree!"

Drakewyn winced when she heard her name yelled from the gate to her home. It was rare that the Crystal Isle received a visitor from her father, and rarer still that he used her full name like that. She sighed and stood from where she had been tending to the roses in her garden. "In the back, Father" she replied, brushing the dirt from her sun dress. 'It's just as well that Jhessail is out with the girls.' she thought. 'Father seems upset enough without her being around as well.'

The old Bard was rarely happy about the choices Drakewyn made in her life, and her leaving Perrinis for Jhessail was probably the one he liked the least. Still, as she often reminded him, it was her life to live.

The crunch of gravel under his booted feet announced his approach, and the meaning of that was not lost on her. His tread was usually so soft you could barely here him even if he were to walk on eggshells... but combined with his earlier bellow it meant that he was giving her time to make herself presentable.

Drakewyn was not about to allow herself to be bullied, however. She crossed her arms and stood, tapping her foot as she waited... until she realized that he would expect her to act this way. When he rounded the corner of the house and she saw the smirk upon his face she knew that she had been manipulated exactly the way he wanted. It took her a few moments to get control of her temper, but she did not uncross her arms. "It has been awhile, Father... what brings you to the Isle?"

"A boat." he replied with startling jocularity, his expression shifting with the swift ease of a Master Bard. "But that's neither here nor there." He feigned a pause and tapped the side of his chin with his finger. "Actually, I suppose it is there... or at least over there" he said, pointing towards the Isle's small dock. "But you've never been very interested in boats... why the sudden curiosity?" he asked with an unctious grin.

Drakewyn struggled to control her temper again, trying to work out exactly what his game was today. Everything the old Bard said or did had multiple meanings and reasons behind it, and this would be no exception. Today, however, she thought she'd try a different tactic.

"Delilah mentioned that Perri's people had some new kind of ship and they were just getting ready for it's maiden voyage." she answered calmly. "I was thinking of taking a trip to see it... but if you brought it with you, that would save me the trouble!"
Drakewyn
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Drakewyn »

Mikhail's expression didn't waver, but Drakewyn could sense the frown hidden behind the old bard's eyes.

"Actually, I was just about to suggest you take a trip, Drakewyn" he said after a moment's pause. "There are things happening on the mainland that I think could use your attention."

It was unusual for her Father to get to the point so quickly, so she knew he was understating things. "Well then, I guess I should pack."

"Don't pack too much... there isn't a lot of room on the boat." Mikhail added, glancing around the garden.

'So, he doesn't want me to teleport... and he thinks someone might be watching' she thought, narrowing her eyes at him. "I do wish you would've given me more warning." If whatever was going on put Jhessail or her daughters in danger, she would never forgive him.

Return to “Golden Ivy Tavern”