PLEASE READ THE FAQS BEFORE REQUESTING BADGES

Moderators: Achievements, Staff

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

As the title states, Please read the faqs before requesting badges. Specifically the ones regarding retroactive badges. :)

Thank you.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Ehzoterik
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Ehzoterik »

I did. Thoroughly. Several times, over and over again, over the course of days/weeks/months, in an attempt to assure that I was understanding the rules clearly. Trouble is, those rules are not perfectly clear.
Specifically the ones regarding retroactive badges.
Especially that one.
Q: When are you able to begin getting Achievements?

A: Achievements will only be granted starting from 11/04/10 Onward. There are no retroactive badges. The only exceptions to this are badges for Non-titled Ranks or Silver Nobles.
It gets confusing when in the previous post by Amaltea it says there are no retroactive badges, and then the following one I quote here by G it says there are only these two exceptions.

And then I was reading the Suggestion Box and got even more confused... Soooooooooo.

I decided the best way to figure out for sure was to test the waters and make requests to see which ones were approved and which ones denied. See. Trial and error.

But to make sure I'm understanding this correctly now, if I go back to the very beginning of the beginning of when I started dueling, in the standings, and find where I achieved rank somewhere, even before 11/4/10, that means I can request that badge, right?

ps: I still ♥ u, G.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Ehzoterik wrote: But to make sure I'm understanding this correctly now, if I go back to the very beginning of the beginning of when I started dueling, in the standings, and find where I achieved rank somewhere, even before 11/4/10, that means I can request that badge, right?

ps: I still ♥ u, G.
All rank badges *should* have been already awarded. These ranks would be from Swordsman to Warlord. Titles like Talon, Baron, Opal, Archmage, Towerholder, Panthers Claw, etc. are not badges that will be awarded. It's assumed that if you hold a rank like Grand Master, you should get the Swordsman and Master at Arms badges since you have to get those ranks to become a Grand Master.

Saying that, if you've Held Grand Master in the past, but lost your rank *BEFORE* we implemented the Achievement system, and are a Swordsman after that, you'd only get the Swordsman Badge. :) To qualify for any badges, you'd have to hold that title at the point or after we started Achievements. :)

I hope this clears it up. :D And I ♥ you too. :D
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Oh, and the "Suggestion Box" is just supposed to be for Suggestions on New types of Achievements. Like, if you think there should be a "G is a Bully" Badge, you'd have to put it in the Suggestion Box. :D
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Ehzoterik
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Ehzoterik »

G wrote:"G is a Bully"
I like this. I think I might have to suggest it. Meanie head! :P
G wrote:Saying that, if you've Held Grand Master in the past, but lost your rank *BEFORE* we implemented the Achievement system, and are a Swordsman after that, you'd only get the Swordsman Badge. To qualify for any badges, you'd have to hold that title at the point or after we started Achievements.
And see... The rules/FAQs do not clearly state that at all. It just says that Non-Title Ranks are retroactive. (And I admit now that I had a huge reading comprehension failure regarding that at the time. For some reason I was reading it as all non-title badges. I don't know why!) I was under the assumption that if I'd had the rank before that I could get the badge for it even if I've lost the rank since the new achievements were implemented. That's how I translated "retroactive."

SEE HOW I AM CONFUSED?

My brain needs a band-aid.

Return to “Achievement Awards”