Challenge for Old Market

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Camilla
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Challenge for Old Market

Post by Camilla »

With the recent upturn of violence in the city, albeit from a select few, the Sathachians have vowed their protection of Rhydin and its people. Isuelt and the rest of the Scathachian leadership are steadfast in their resolve to provide as much support and relief as possible.

It is widely known that the Marketplace has been one of the focal points of violence and remains an area of trepidation and concern for those who frequent it to purchase their goods and those who must earn their livings there. We must focus our efforts on securing the city one block, one citizen at a time.

To that end, after serious discussion with the Scathachian leadership, in order to further secure a foothold of safety for the common people, I, Camilla of Latium, challenge Aya Hayashibara for the Barony of Old Market.

Baroness, I look forward to our pending combat with anticipation and eagerness.

Camilla of Latium
DUEL Corlanthis
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Corlanthis »

Busy busy month it's looking like! I'm not complaining. This Challenge is valid and may proceed!

Say "Hi" to Issy and Jenai for me!
Britania Grey
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Britania Grey »

For clarification, Baroness Aya just defended her title. As a loyal Baron she only needs to accept one challenge per calendar month. Per the rules does that not make this particular challenge invalid?

~Ellisa
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Well, there's two counts on this one. First, that it's per calendar month, meaning that when the challenge is issued and accepted and all, it'll be fought in the month of November. I would interpret that as allowing this to be issued.

There's also an added stipulation where the Baron can waive the need to defend once per month, and take on as many challenges in one month as allowed as a Loyal Baron. Which means, if she says so, she can accept this challenge.

Note: As a Loyal Baron, only one challenge can be given at a time, there's still no queues for a Loyal.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Britania Grey
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Britania Grey »

G,

Thank you for the clarification, it was a curiosity on my part.

~Ellisa
Aya Hayashibara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Go Rin No Sho

Post by Aya Hayashibara »

Accepted.

I shall be in contact for the particulars.

H.A.
Aya Hayashibara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Go Rin No Sho

We have agreed upon Tuesday, November 15th at 9pm Rhydin time as the date in which we shall do battle for the title of the Barony of the Old Market District.

H.A.
Camilla
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Camilla »

Baroness Hayashibara,

The gods have deemed our match not take place. I know not the reason you stayed from the Arena, nor the message the gods wish to convey to me by denying our combat. I must pray and consult the oracles.

Our next steps, I know not. Perhaps the gods will share their insight with us both.

Camilla of Latium
Aya Hayashibara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Go Rin No Sho

Camilla-san,

I most humbly apologize for failing to meet at out schedule time to do battle for the Title of Baroness of the Old Market District. Regrettably, I was... delayed.

This is the first time such an incident has occurred in my career in the Arena, and I do not anticipate it happening ever again.

I thank you for your understanding.

H.A.

((We've rescheduled this match for this Sunday, 10pm est, in the Annex.))
DUEL Wyh
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Wyh »

This match did indeed take place on Sunday, November 20th, at the appointed time. The Baroness dueled under her usual red and white banner, for her Shinmei-Ryu school. As is her custom, she dueled without a Second, and without a Lord of Honor.

The challenger, Camilla, dueled under the dual flags of the Voluscian Army and the Scathachians. She also dueled without a Second and without a Lord of Honor.

The Baroness chose a single match to determine the fate of Old Market.

Camilla took an early lead, and never relinquished it. In eight rounds, she earned the right to hold the Barony of Old Market.

Well won, Camilla, and well-reigned, Aya!
Roderick Douglas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Roderick Douglas »

Camilla,

Whatever your other motives for taking Old Market, it's good to see someone making a dent in the stagnation that has afflicted the titles of the Arena of late. Very well done!

-Roderick of the clan Douglas
22nd Talon of Redwin
30th holder of Moonberyl
Aya Hayashibara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Go Rin No Sho

Roderick Douglas wrote:Camilla,

Whatever your other motives for taking Old Market, it's good to see someone making a dent in the stagnation that has afflicted the titles of the Arena of late. Very well done!

-Roderick of the clan Douglas
Yes,

Because it certainly was not you, was it?

H.A.
Camilla
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Camilla »

For the historical records, the match results were recorded as:

Baron/Challenger

1 - TH/TH [1-1]
2 - LC/LC [1-1]
3 - TH/SH [1-2 Camilla]
4 - FCP/SS [1-2.5 Camilla]
5 - FSS/LC [1-3.5 Camilla]