St. Mary's Catholic School for Girls

What do you get when you throw characters from different settings together?
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

» Setting / Other Information

School Grounds
- More Will be Added -

Dorm Rooms

- Will be Added -

Summer Uniform

Winter Uniform
- Will be Added -

NPC's : School Students / Staff

Alex

Terry's former roommate.

** Alex has graduated and is no longer at St. Mary's. She's currently in college studying to become a pediatrician.

Jia

Head of the Origami club.

She's been voted for "Most Likely to get Knocked Up" two years in a row. With Kiyomi graduating, Jia has found more freedom with her new senior year at St. Mary's. She's one of the remaining members of the new Royal Society and has been tasked to find a fitting replacement for their leader.

Kiyomi

Former and graduating member of the Royal Society. Kiyomi was the head of the ACC ( Asian Culture Club ), which was an umbrella term for a wide array of clubs. She was also officially the head of the kendo club, though this has been passed down to a new rep due to her graduating.

Kiyomi, while still prone to emotional outbursts, seems to have settled over the past two years; most likely due to leaving a toxic and drama filled relationship.

** Kiyomi has graduated and is no longer at St. Mary's. She's currently in college studying to become a nurse.

Misty White

"Cat got your tongue?" - Jamie Barker

Misty has been Jamie's roommate ever since she arrived at St.Mary's for one good reason -- the girl has never spoken in her life, considering she was born mute. She was the first person Jamie ever got close to at the school, due to her large ego and pride. Misty proved to be the only person Jamie could confide in without fear of her insecurities and weakness being spread around the school.

Misty's silence proved her value as a partner to Jamie as she progressed at the school and began to set up her criminal enterprise. Besides being unable to speak sometimes Jamie swore the girl was deaf and blind as well, or at least knew when she needed to be which was just as good. She mainly communicates by text written on a tablet PC, and carries around a small pad and pen for emergencies and speaks in signs to those that know how. She has an aggressive personality and throws tantrums often due to her short temper and the frustration that often sinks in to her due to the difficulty of communicating with people. She has a penchant for art and is often seen spending her afternoons in detention scrubbing graffiti off walls she painted the previous night, or in the art club when she isn't cleaning up her transgressions.

Despite her rough personality she is one of the most loyal people in the school if you're her friend (which she has few enough of) and is one of Jamie's closest and most trusted companions. Though King is one of her closest friends she possesses a small amount of jealousy and envy directed towards her due to Misty's interpretation of Jamie and Kings relationship, and their ability to easily communicate and understand each other via the spoken word, which is only exacerbated by Jamie's wild and uncommitted personality.
Last edited by King on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:07 am, edited 18 times in total.
Oath
Adventurer
Adventurer
livin on a prayer

Post by Oath »

" Crap, where did I put it... There we go! " The sound of metal on metal rung out softly down the hallway as Jamie slipped her room key into the door handle, followed by the soft click of the lock disengaging as the key was turned and a few creaks as the knob was turned and the door opened. She stepped inside quickly, turning to shut the door softly and engage the lock once again from the inside of the room, letting out a soft sigh before turning around and stretching her arms up into the air. " It's good to be back, tonight was rough. "

Another sigh escaped her lips as she slung the damp towel around her shoulders into a nearby hamper, afterwards walking over to her bedside table. Right hand extended and digits wrapped around a wood knob on the uppermost drawer before tugging it open and reaching inside to grab her phone, left hand slid the drawer shut quickly. " Maaaan, so many SMS messages, too tired. Stop bugging me people.. " Thumbs played across the touch-screen artistically before the device was set on top of the table by her right hand, left coming up to quickly stifle a yawn.

" Hmph, fourth place huh... " Jamie sat down on her bed with care, soft sheets provided padding for her sore posterior, something she was infinitely grateful for as many times as she got thrown on her ass earlier in the night by rival duelers. Hands reached out to plug the phone into its' charger before she rocked back and splayed out across the sheets.

" ... I can do better. "

Brown eyes glanced sideways at a calender hung on the wall to her right, Wednesday on the coming week circled in bright red sharpie, her own handiwork before hitting the showers. " I know I can do better! " Reassurance in the tone of her voice, if only for self comfort. Eyes flickered to the ceiling of the small dorm room, lost in thought for a moment. " But I guess I did well, can't beat myself up over it, tomorrow is another day after all, guess I better get some rest, can't climb the ranks beat up and tired. " Left hand reached out to touch a metal lamp on the bedside table and the light immediately left the room. Jamie snuggled into a nearby pillow for some well deserved shut-eye, not bothering to slip beneath the sheets, a nearby fan blowing on her was much to comforting.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Early Morning - July 16, 2012
After the Panther's Claw Tournament

A visible wisp of smoke bellowed out open lips as the teen exhaled. Lips that kept parted to suck in another breath. ".. Fifty points, huh?" she said. There was a lack of excitement in her voice. Fatigue having done away with most of the happiness she felt after winning the tournament. All Terry wanted to do now was sit back, relax, and smoke.. but, she was all out of cigarettes. That was the last of them, and she was already done with it. Terry dropped it into the ashtray and set her arm back down against the bed.

Waiting for the pills to kick in was the worse part. Along with the constant reminder that even if she won, she still felt like she got her ass royally kicked every time she moved even the smallest muscle. ".. Going to look terrible." said to herself in a low tone. Already trying to imagine how black and blue she'd look in the mirror once she got the chance to look at herself. The thought itself caused a small groan to leave her lips.

"But I won.. right?" Terry said with a huff. Her brown eyes looking to the photo that rested upon that small table beside her bed. The framed photo that held the image of herself -- two years younger, and her Mother. ".. Would you be proud?" There was a thought then. Should she call her; should she tell her that she won?

That got a laugh. ".. and say what, idiot.. `Hey, Mom.. I beat the sh*t out of some people and got myself a cats paw` .. Right."

Terry closed her eyes. The effects of the medication seemed to be working. Everything felt heavy, too heavy to even move in the slightest. All that was left for her to do was allow sleep to take her. As she waited, things came to mind.. pictures - names. Sartan, Matthew Simon, Harris D'Artanian, Mur Ollavan, Jaycy Ashleana. Only a few names she remembered from the many hanging portraits. Diamonds. All of them.

".. Hey, Mom.." It took everything she had to open her eyes. Terry looked to the photo again and quietly spoke. "I wanna be a fighter.."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

After Midnight - Early Wednesday, September 5, 2012

"Sorry we couldn't go out to dinner like you wanted.. It's just." King started to say. The two girls sat within the shared bathroom that connected their two rooms together. King sat upon the toilet, using it as a chair while the now one year older Alex would be sitting Indian style against the hard floor. The door that led to King's room being cracked open, allowing the two the chance to listen for the slumbering Gabby that laid resting in bed on the other side.

"It's fine.. you really don't need to explain yourself. I got it the first time." Alex said. Tucking stray strands of blonde hair behind an ear. She was peering to that slightly ajar door, and then turned her attention back to King; who then paused upon reaction at seeing those deep blues stare right into her light browns. At times like this, Terry couldn't help but be reminded just how beautiful this girl was. They've known each other for so long now.. When she first came to this school, Alex was her roommate. The blonde dragged her out of angsty self-loathing and told her she could spend her time doing something active instead of sitting alone and smoking after school. The swim team.. then basketball, it was her who made her feel more welcome at this school. Through her, she became more popular - and the rest was history now.

"But.." King tried again, but Alex was quick to stop her words with a shake of her head. Once more, Terry was captivated by the way her hair swayed about. Sure.. it wasn't brushed, and it could be almost called bed-head since she had woken her up only ten minutes ago; but still - it was beautiful. Especially with the smile she was now giving her.

"I'm proud of you, Terry.. You've really grown up."

This caught King by surprise. If her cheeks weren't so tanned, there might of been a blush showing. The teen shot a look off to the side and pursed her lips, then turned it back onto Alex. ".. whatcha' talkin' about..?"

This only got a small chuckle out of the girl. "When you're older, you'll understand." A waggle of the brow followed. Terry could only sigh out. ".. You're only older by a few months, stop actin' all important just 'cus you turned eighteen.."

"But it's fun." Alex exclaimed. There was another chuckle that time around too. King just smiled.

"I'll make it up to you, I swear.. Once things settle down, I'll take ya out for that dinner you wanted. Wherever you want. Don't get anal about prices an' stuff." King slid off from her `throne` and crouched in front of the blonde. Her lips brushing against her forehead, then pressing for a soft kiss. "I promise.. you hear me? Real talk."

"I'd like that.." Alex said. A genuine smile gracing her lips. Terry saw it, and felt the need to exploit them. She lowered to press a kiss to those very lips, but she felt something pressing against her shoulders. King opened her eyes and blinked in confusion. Alex only looked to her with a sly little smile while pushing her away. "You shouldn't go kissing other girls when you have one sleeping in your bed.."

That caught King. She shot a look toward that slightly opened door and her heart sunk. What was she doing.. Gabby was in there, hopped up on pain medication and sleeping away like nothing mattered; and here she was, about to kiss another girl only half a room away. They weren't a couple -- her and Gabby were just friends, but even so - it felt strange. She looked back to Alex, who then perked a brow at her. Terry then shook her head and pressed her forehead right against the other girls own. "You know I love ya'.. I don't say that to a lot of people, you know that."

"Yeah.. but you love a lot of people, that's the problem.." Alex's voice cut through her. King settled back to sit across from her on the hard floor. ".. I ain't in love with them." King reached out to press fingers to her healed ankle. A small peering up of those eyes to glance at the other girl. "Well.. for an hour or so, you do." Alex replied, and that only made King click her tongue. "Why we even talkin' about this.."

"Well.. like I said, you're the one trying to kiss me while another girl sleeps in your bed."

"it ain't like that.. she's hurt..!" Kings voice picked up. Alex pressed a finger to her lips, which caused King to quiet up instantly. "I'm not saying it like it's perverted.. What I'm saying is, you shouldn't be in here trying to kiss me." Alex looked to the object that was resting within her lap. That wrapped box. Unopened. ".. you sure it isn't anything? I know you, Terry.. You keep looking at the door, but it's not like you're worried she'll catch us. It's.. something else."

Terry pursed her lips and looked to the toilet. Those ankle rubbing fingers now gripped against her leg. She remained quiet. It was better to stay quiet when you were too confused to make anything but an honest answer. "I don't know what it is.." She couldn't keep up the silent treatment - so she just spoke what she felt.

"That's cute." and so the return of the chuckling Alex. King shot her a semi-glare and then let out an exaggerated sigh. "Stop bein' such a bitch, Jesus Christ.." Crossing her own legs then. King leaned to press her back against the wall. "Just open your damn gift.. Makin' me sit here all night, we got class in the mornin' an' sh*t.." Becoming antsy with annoyance. Or was it embarrassment?

"Fine, fine." King didn't look as Alex responded to her in such a submissive fashion. She glanced around, here and there, then finally - when she couldn't think of anywhere else to look - settled her eyes upon the blonde. There Alex sat. In her hands one of those beanbag-buddies she loved so much. King knew about it, how couldn't she? It was something Alex first told her about when they shared a room together. The one King got was special, or that's what the website said. From the betting going on and the fact that she was forced to stay up till 5 AM to make sure she constantly outbid someone else, it had to be good. A little Bengal tiger. That's what it was. Hell if King knew why it was so expensive. Something about it being rare, but it was a damn stuffed tiger.. but whatever floats peoples boats.

King had taken the time to tie a little ribbon around the beanbag tigers neck that read.. "Roar. Lonely tiger looking for a home. Please take good care of me." Alex read it, lacking the enthusiasm Terry put into the note. All those exclamation points would probably wake up everyone in the building if she read it how it was written. Hearing it now, it sounded corny to King's ears. It even made the teen look away in embarrassment. But that was the perfect time for Alex to strike, and King found herself hugged. "I always wanted Tora and Tiger.. How'd you know?" Alex was squeezing her like crazy, but it didn't last long since the girl pulled away and sat down. Leaving Terry to watch while she inspected her new gift.

"Well.. uh, I just knew?" Terry tried to think up a good reason, but that's all that really came out. `Smooth, Terry..` came to mind when she thought her words over. But it didn't matter in the end, not when she saw that happy smile on the girls lips when she made the beanbag tiger wave its paw at her.

"Happy birthday." King gave her a wink, then leaned in to poke at the tiger.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Arms Dealer

The halls of St. Mary's this time of night weren't quite the best place for a student at night. Even in the dorms, there were Nun's lurking around every corner. Well.. not Nun's, but the security team hired by the school to do routine patrols. They needed to keep these girls safe and unharmed or else their Mommy's and Daddy's might not feel like giving donations. A prep school like this had a reputation to uphold as well. They needed to keep up appearances. Which was why it was to bed by 10 and lights out by 11.

Still, there were some lurking these halls at this late time night -- and the girl known as Terry King was one of them. Dressed in an over-sized black shirt that hung about her knees. The sag of the piece of clothing even exposing a good bit of her right shoulder. It wasn't quite October 31st yet, but King had felt like breaking out those pumpkin 'n bats pajama pants early so they made up her lower half.. they also provided enough quietness to allow her stealthy walk to stay perfectly quiet, while also providing her a good bit of warmth through these nippy halls.

White sock covered feet pressed quietly, step by step, around corner. She didn't need to move slow, but she didn't go all out running down those halls -- a calm, easy pace was good enough for her. Kept ears alert and eyes ready to see the shimmer of a flashlights light coming from another hall. When she saw just that, the half and half quickly ducked into a bathroom and waited. Peeking around the corner of the doorway slowly to spot the security guard continuing her patrol through the other hallway. Once she was out of sight, King moved out from her hiding spot and continued down the hall.

It didn't take long. Ten, maybe twelve footsteps and she'd be at the door of the room she made this whole trip for. She took hold of the doorknob and gave it a little jiggle. Jiggle here, jiggle there, not so loud -- but just enough to hopefully catch the attention of someone inside.

She better not be listenin' to music.. King rolled her eyes.

"Hey.. Psst.. Ayo, Jamie.." She quietly spoke out.
Oath
Adventurer
Adventurer
livin on a prayer

Post by Oath »

Tap tap tap, tap.

Jamie's fingers raged furiously across the keyboard of her slim net book while her eyebrows furrowed in anger and disgust, she tilted forward slightly to get closer to the LCD monitor and make sure she was reading correctly.

" A week? I can't wait a week. Unacceptable. Tell him tomorrow or bust and don't skimp on the angry face either. " The words were translated to text as they came out of the girls mouth, a sharp depression of the enter key sent a small mail icon zooming towards the name Graffiti on a large contact list pulled up in the bottom right corner of the screen. " I can't deal with this bulls**t... " Jamie's left hand shot up and swatted the LCD screen down like a fly, a large clap ringing out as the screen and keyboard met in the net books closing.

" ARGH! " Knees were quickly pulled up into her chair so she could bring her chin to rest on them, a brooding, gloomy expression set itself deeper and deeper into her face the longer she stared at the wall on the opposite side of her desk, until the soft jingle of her doorknob turned the gloomy expression quickly into an alert and cautious one. Jamie left her seat slowly and silently, toes and feet pressing silently against the floor as she made her way to the racket that disturbed her. What time was it? She couldn't remember exactly but just looking at how dark it was outside and the silence in the next room she could guess it was past lights out.

Jamie was nearly upon the entryway, left hand drifting slowly to the grip of a wooden baseball bat propped up in the corner beside the door when King's voice came out in rushed silence. Jamie stood stiffly while the girl spoke, why was she here this late? What did she want? A small smirk started to appear across her lips as she thought of the possibilities.

The only response King received was the soft click of the lock on the door disengaging and the sound of soft footsteps traveling deeper into the dorm room.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

The light click was all she needed. King did the rest of the work. Fingers curled about and gripped at the doorknob, then gave it a twist and finally a push to allow the girl full passage inside. King made her way inside, then brought that arm about to press hand to door so that she could close it behind her.

"Tsk." Clicking her tongue. Feigning annoyance right now. "What, no kiss or `Welcome home, honey`? I'm feelin' a little under appreciated right now."

She followed after those faint footsteps and moved deeper into the room. Of course, this would be after she made sure to lock the door behind her. Nostrils flared just a bit as she snorted back, and soon enough a knuckle went brushing against her nose while she looked about. Trying to spot anything new that she could possibly mess around with.

"Soo.. What's up?" Obviously -- she was here to make small talk. Maybe the next thing that'd slip past her lips would be `How's the weather?`. Either way, as King ventured deeper into the room - she be making her way over to a bed to collapse down onto.
Oath
Adventurer
Adventurer
livin on a prayer

Post by Oath »

By the time King had closed and locked the door Jamie would be spread out belly down on her own bed. Chin rested on palms propped up by elbows pushing down into the comforter, and both legs swayed back and forth in tune with the soft hum vibrating along her vocal chords. Jamie's brown oculars almost seemed to bathe Terry in amusement as she made her offhand comments coming through the door.

" I was kinda' hopin' you were here to steal off with me into the night, I was trying to be... Dramatic. "

While the last word left her lips both legs would come to rest on the bed and Jamie would roll to her left side onto her back, swishing hair and head backwards haphazardly while the back of her left hand came to rest upon her forehead just to emphasize the feigned drama. A soft giggle escaped her lips as she rolled back over and propped her chin on palms once more, watching Terry with that disturbing amused look across her visage while the other girl glanced curiously around the room.

" Not much, just taking care of some logistics and messing around on the net. Y'know, trolling around on forums and such seeing how much I can make people seethe hatred. Guess you're not here to steal me away huh? "

Pout face shot in Kings direction as she delivered herself on to the sheets beside Jamie with a soft creak as the springboard depressed against Terry's sudden collapse, those legs went to kicking at the air again while she glared curiously at the other girl.

" What about you? Caved in any faces or done any maiming in the ring recently? "
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"Night's still young, there's always time for that later."

Back first against the bed. Her legs sort of dangling since she'd be laying sideways. King turned her head and glanced over to the other girl. Her comment about caving faces hitting a little too close to home with the way Terry looked at the moment. Black eye and that wrapped right hand of hers -- but that look was a few days old already and enough people knew about it. She then pursed her lips and closed her eyes. A happy little hum let out.

"You shouldn't go around pissin' off people.. one day your a** is gonna get found out and just sayin' `You mad` ain't gonna get you outta' trouble."

King reached out as she said that line. Her fingers moving to pinch at the other girls thigh. "I got a lil' more business for you if you ain't busy.." That sort of bratty tone being replaced by one with a little hint of something more serious.

"I need ya'.. and I ain't talkin' in that It's-Christmas-Vacation-and-no-one-else-is-around -for-me-to-crawl-in-bed-with kinda' need.. but that'll be comin' up soon, so keep your calender clear."
Anya Titov
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer
Location: If it needs to be taught "mother's love" she's there.

Somebody Told Me...

Post by Anya Titov »

"Ayo, Anya.. What'd I tell you about sniffin' around my things?" Did King need to knock to step into Alex and Anya's shared room? Hell no. Even more of a hell no when it was past midnight. Alex was a deep sleeper, earplugs and all. King could be thankful for that.

King was already advancing on Anya's bed, and giving it a quick kick to shake things up. "Get up. Hand 'em over. Oxy, now."

Anya had been sleeping peacefully, actually. It'd been one of her more well meaning nights....however, it was one of those nights where she hadn't really had the best of dreams. It was a nightmare, in fact. One she couldn't wake from. One that threatened to keep her in. Clutch her. Tighten its hold on her body...it was one that had settled into the deepest part of her core before she was....

"AH! " She yelled up and suddenly swung her fist right for King's jaw...eyes wide as she realized the mistake she'd just made.

Swoosh. This was Terry King we're talking about. Second Place in her first Diamond Quest. Undefeated in the Panther's Claw Tournament.. and soon enough fighting THE Matt Simon for IceDancer. When she saw Anya make that swing, she was all ready to reel away from the blow and let it pass over. Anya made her mistake, and King went along with it. One hand took control of that already-swung arm, while the other pressed to her shoulder to send her chest down against the bed.

".. Oxy, now.. I know you got it, you're always f**kin' with my things.."

"Uh...!" Anya grunted as she found herself not only coming more into focus through those blinking and wandering eyes..., but more realizing of the fact that King was on her. Why was King on her? WHY THE F**K WAS KING ON HER? She was more annoyed given the rude awakening.. "Anya does nots have. Get OFF." She shoved back hard, in the attempt to get some space between them both. "Is no times for searching. Save its for laters! King should goes outside and retrace her steps. Is only place she ever is nowadays." She growls.

"Tsk.. T'f**k you talkin' about.." King hadn't been leaving St. Mary's for a few weeks -- not after what happened between her and Gabby.. Though she had been busy either way. The play, soccer practice, studying. Terry grunted out when she was forced to take a few retreating steps back.

"Kid.. I know you got it, just hand 'em over. I ain't in the mood for this s**t right now."

Anya threateningly pushed forth with wide eyes, a single point of her finger given. It was true that she did go through her belongings, but when was the last time she'd ever actually used anything of value? "And ANYA does not haves times for THIS s**t..." She emphasizes with a point from herself to the sheets.

"King needs to go back to beds, there is nothings here. Wake Alex up and make askings of her." She shook her head, obviously annoyed by more than just the others waking her up...but there was still the annoyance of her own nightmare. Being tough made her believe she didn't have to be scared. Ignoring the girl, she turned right around and curled her covers back over her torso. " …King looks fine enough anyways without oxy.” She muttered.

King's jaw set to the side. Wake Alex she said.. and guess what Anya would be seeing next? King moving away from her bed -- and over to the other blondes. Did she kick? No, she'd settle herself on the edge and lean over carefully. A gentle hand was placed to her shoulder to wake her, though this was after pinching out one of those earplugs. "Sweets, wake up.."

".. Terry.." Alex groaned out. Shifting in bed. Turning to lay on her side and cuddle close to her body pillow. ".. It's late.. what?"

"Oxy.." -- ".. You ran out, remember..?" There came a Yawn from Alex then. She haphazardly waved toward her desk; a wave that almost popped King in the face. "You were out.. Jamie gave them to me." Alex said. King looked to the desk, then back to the blonde. Taking hold of that waving hand, giving it a kiss, then pressing the earplug to her palm. Alex lazily squeezed at it and stuck the plug back into her ear and went to work on trying to sleep.

".... See? Why'd you have to be so f**kin' difficult.." This to Anya as she rose from Alex's' bed, then moving to the desk to open and get what she came for.

"....................... F**k yous." Anya murmured with eyes narrowed while she kept her form covered. As an afterthought, she sought to tug her covers more firmly over her body and head, as if trying to avoid being seen by the searching King altogether. She was cursing again, but this time in a different language.

"Get up." She'd tug at Anya's covers then. That bottle she had searched for shaking within her other hand. ".. You wanna hang out?" There was almost a sign of relief on her face since she found what she had been searching for. "... We could sneak out and get some chicken nuggets.. or, just hang out in my room.. Ayo, wanna sleep with me?" King snorted back some, glancing left to right, then back to Anya. She was acting strange.

" ....... " Anya swallowed back, hard. She seemed to push her head forth to the side, as if trying to ensure that King didn't see the way the color drained from her face. Why was she offering her to sleep with her? Yes, she didn't exactly want to go back to bed like this, or rather she didn't want to go to sleep alone.. but, what was up with Terry all of a sudden? Anya didn't think she could look a gift horse in the mouth, but King was the type to offer once and then keep it moving if things weren't going her way. “...right nows?" She asks, after being sure she had wiped the surprised look off her face.

King sucked in a quick breath, and exhaled it just as quickly. Another snort back, then a brush of her finger against her nose. ".. Yeah, right now?" Said like she couldn't understand why Anya was even questioning her. She'd then shake her head and head off for the bathroom. As if saying, with her posture, that Anya could either stay or come -- it didn't matter.

Anya moved to follow her, looking for something to put on. Some sweatpants and a jacket looked like it would do the trick. And so, the girl went out while following her in some white sneakers that she could easily move about in. She then stopped, and turned about...grabbing her duffel bag, a loud metal clank heard. She didn't trust the late night of Rhy'Din, and would be prepared for any threat. She had to be, for her own sake...and for King's.

When Anya did venture into King's room, she'd be able to realize pretty quick that Terry didn't plan on leaving. Having already stripped away most of her outfit and just standing there in her blouse with loosely held tie. Jeans and that borrowed oversized mens blazer discarded over by the bathroom door. A leg already busy with scratching painted toenails against opposite leg.

Pill bottle opened and shaken out into her hand. A good two of them taken and shoved past her lips, and then came a rough swallow without liquid. She'd open up her own desk drawer, drop the pill bottle inside, close and move for her bed. Crawling in, King was introduced to a feeling of fatigue. It wasn't the pills she was feeling -- it was too early for that.. Though, with her empty stomach, she'd probably feel them in the next ten or so minutes.. She hadn't felt like eating. The nerves of introducing her women's shelter idea to the GAC and then everything else, she just had no interest in eating. She sighed out and rummaged about. Grabbing hold of covers and pushing them out of the way before she finally collapsed onto her side and scooted under the blankets.

Terry then turned around and looked to Anya. ".. t'f**k you doin'..? You sleepin' with me or what?"

"...N....Anya thoughts..." Anya breathed, this was different. Why would she offer this? She frowned, and turned her head to the side, and then back to her. Fingers moving to run through her dyed hair. "...Y-yeah. Anya is comings." She spoke, and grasps at her bag, moving to put it back in her room. She took in a deep breath, and let her heart beat rapidly within her chest. She looked to the ceiling, and then back to the clothes she held on shaking her head, she began to undress 'till she was just in her black PJ's. Bravely, she turned and walked on towards the door, moved towards the exit, and back into the room.

Anya thought, why did it make her feel so weird? She moved and sat at the bed, fingers sliding through her hair for a moment as those green eyes wandered over the floor before her. " ...Sorry... " she said.

King snorted back again. Anya could soon enough feel appendages reaching out to wrap about her tiny waist -- and then the girl was snared, drawn in toward King, who decided she needed to hold her close while she pressed against Anya from behind. Kings chin then pressed to the top of the girls head. ".. People dyin'.. all easy like.. talk to 'em just a week or so ago, then they're gone..." She snorted back again, or was it a sniff. Her body shifted some to get comfortable.

".. I miss her.. Gabby.." King mumbled.

"Au...ah...??" Anya blinked, and she was suddenly tugged in against her. She didn't know what the meaning of it was, but all too suddenly she was held against King's body - who was using her as if she were some sort of russian cuddle bear! Her brow furrowed, but not before she suddenly took notice of the mumblings made. "....................." Was she already asleep? She tilted her head, and then turned it to the side. A lot of things must've happened. Things she wasn't necessarily privy too. And yet, she needed to be. She did want to be a friend to her, but sometimes, she felt as if all King would ever do was push her away. Slowly - .her fingers came up, and they rested against the hands that that held her. She frowned, her brow furrowed - however, the part that hurt the most was hearing everything else. Yes. Gabby. She knew of her, at least. She didn't want to admit what thoughts of her did to Anya's mind, but she knew of her. And she knew at this point, perhaps there was no getting over her. ".....why....." Muttered the blonde to herself, glancing over the sheets.

".. I f**ked up.. why'd I go with Teagan..?" Terry continued to mumble. Her chin removed from the top of Anya's head, only to be replaced by her cheek. ".. an' leavin' with her.. right in front of her.." King sighed out. "Your hair is soft." Murmuring.

Anya looked to the side. Yes. It seemed that she was a troubled woman, or a young adult. Of that much they knew. However, it was made more clear of what happened. Of what brought her to this position. Of why she was in this predicament. ".....Anya....wishes...she could helps King..." She spoke, her eyes closing. She didn't know if she really meant that, but she knew it hurt seeing her friend like this. If she could call her a friend. She wasn't sure if the girl could hear her, but for now she simply dedicated herself to listening to whatever King might want to hear. It wasn't until she spoke again that eyes opened. ".......Anya guess...." She spoke, still stroking along the girl's fingers.

".. Teagan.. She's jus'.. so dead sexy." King's head lolled back then. Her body pulling from Anya's, but not by much. One arm was still wrapped about her, but the other spread out to the other side of the bed -- as did that once wrapped leg. King's eyes were on the ceiling. Her body was slowly feeling more and more weighted.. like she didn't want to move, nor could she ask her body to do such a thing.

"... Christina... Anya.. I'm a bad person, yanno.. real talk.. I'm a shitty person."

"Anya does nots care." She speaks while moving upwards. ....Anya is bad persons too, after alls." She didn't know what had gotten into her, though she then realized...wait. What was this. Was it the pills? Surely it shouldn't be. Or so she believed anyway. but she felt like they hadn't spoken like this. Perhaps this made Anya a bad person too for sleeping with her. No. Of course not. King had offered, so it wasn't her fault. Was it? The girl was confused, but instead of trying to rationalize it, she instead rested on her elbow. “...Anya has killed, King. Anya was made for killings. Taught to hurt people. Hurt people whether weak or innocent. Is all Anya knows." Slowly, she leaned downwards, her head pressing into the breast of her friend while those eyes closed. "...King shows Anya that is not always true. Death is nots always answer to solvings every problem there is. King teach Anya....that life can be betters..."

"If one looks.”

"Gabby.. go to sleep." King's arm rose only slightly, then fell to the bed. Her head turning off to the side. Did she hear what Anya had said? It wasn't up for debate right now -- she could've, or she couldn't of.. Either way - King's eyes had closed while she spoke her short sentence. The chest that Anya rested against breathing in and out with a steady pace, at least till a cough left Terry's lips.. but all that ended with was her grunting, then sighing. Sleep had come, at least for one of them.

Anya stopped speaking the moment she listened to her, her brow furrowed. She turned upwards, slowly coming to notice that... well, her friend wasn't as responsive anymore. A deep gaze of consideration went into her features, her head turning to the room with Alex. She licked at her lips momentarily. “........................" She then took the covers and bought them more firmly over them both. She gripped tight to the clothes over King's figure then, and closed both eyes as she nuzzled into her bosom, snuggling tight.

The nightmare didn't return that eve.
Izumi Takamine
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Izumi Takamine »

-Welcoming Committee-

Lunch hour was a hectic time, and for some undoubtedly a very nervous and stressful time. Girls in milling crowds, tightly organized into the little groups they formed - a sociology lesson presented in color for the solitary Izumi. She could see the knots of crowd from where she strolled along beside the south wall of the cafeteria, and to hear their high and sometimes hysterical gossiping and whining voices. As yet the delinquent transfer didn't feel comfortable enough with the allies she'd only in passing met a few days previous to attempt to join them for the break. In truth she was not really in any mood for company anyway, missing Terry horribly as she'd become spoiled by being in her company for so many days in a row prior to her arrival at the compound that week. Short on appetite as well, she was just chewing the last of the single onigiri she'd carried around in her pocket for lunch, a tiny hand absently slipping the crumpled wrapper with it's Sunny Mart label into a pocket. Whatever her motivations for seeking solitude, to the trio of girls following her some twenty-five yards back and gaining, her isolation and apparent lack of concern for her surroundings marked her as a foolish novice.

"Let's get a little closer," Madison Decker whispered to her pair of accomplices Mei Lin and Natalie Draper, picking up the pace a little faster even though it seemed Izumi made a sluggish target with her playful one foot in front of the other walk that traced lines in the courtyard paving. "She might bolt before we can grab her"

In truth the Rodent had ears as good as the animal she'd been nicknamed for at another school in another place and had been aware of the girls from the moment they'd broken off from the crowd at the fountain to pursue her. Of course she'd heard the gossip, rumors and conjecture about her in the few days she'd been attending, in most cases those remarks were deliberately floated to her with every intention that she hear them. Notions flying that she was no more than a play toy for King and had been given access to the higher realms of the school for no other reason. Opinions seemed to her, from the floaters that reached her ears that presenting herself as a delinquent in image and being a total phony was going to get her punished badly. Smiling, she recalled even hearing one student make a bet that she would cry before the first blow even landed, another taking more optimistic odds against a three packs of cigarettes that she'd hold her tears in til after the initial hit. She'd expected this before the end of the first week, and bolting for safety was not even considered. Better to just take her licks now and try to dish out some trouble if an opportunity arose.

The yanki made the corner of the cafeteria building before she felt arms grasp her from behind, Madison, the tallest and heaviest of the three, and a basketball player of some minor renown taking up the job of wrapping her in a tight unfriendly embrace that pinned her arms to her sides. She was still smiling when Mei and Natalie passed by her sides to the open area at the building's corner to face her, not struggling a bit in the hold. Mei, the shortest took up the space directly in front of her while Natalie settled to one side to serve the ever important role of lookout, actively scanning their area of the grounds for any approach of any nuns that might require them to relocate this meet and greet.

"Missed orientation" Mei teased, balling up fists and raising them. "So we will be your mentors and teach you how things work here"

At that, the lookout moved in to Izumi's flank, grabbing a handful of inky hair to hold her head still as Mei's punch looped in over hand toward her face. The diminutive delinquent was unable to resist the instinct to flinch and try to twist away from the incoming punch, even with the knowledge that she wouldn't be able to. The fist aimed at her nose hit her cheekbone just under the right eye socket instead, misguided due to her minimal movement of avoidance. Seeing stars, her head recoiled a bit, increasing the painful tug on the handful of her hair held fast.
"Hold her still would ya?" Mei complained in a whiny nagging voice as she cocked back a fist ready to continue the punishment. The area beneath Izumi's eye was reddened from the blow, a white line of laceration with a trivial amount of skin left over it finally and belatedly began to seep blood in a trickle that dripped in shocking spots on her bright white collar. Natalie shifted her grip, getting a better hold, and in a moment Mei launched the second strike, fist landing on Izumi's nose this time in earnest and bringing an instant stream of red from both nostrils. Held fast, she could only produce a little cry of fright and pain as two more looping overhand rights crashed into her left side jaw line, rocking her upper body in spite of the snared strands of black and making the pattering fall of blood onto the white uniform top take on little trailing patterns.

By now spectators had drifted over, murmering to each other excitedly. Rumors of this occasion's brewing had many of the girls excited for the past two days, some satisfaction in an insolent newcomer getting her expected punishment giving the whole ordeal a bit of a bit of a festival atmosphere. A few King haters in the gathering called encouragement, prompting Mei to shower a rain of pistoning fists into Izumi's ribs. At this stage the delinquent was dangling in Madison's grasp, looking as fragile as fine china with the red blood so stark on a face gone pale from the abuse being delivered to her. It was precisely this frail and pitiful appearance that prompted Natalie to release the twist of hair she held, intent on getting a few shots herself. Once she felt her head free, Izumi burst back into life, the one eye not half shut and watering profusely glittering with a sudden infernal amusement. Uniform loafers scuffed the ground as she spread her feet at shoulder width, simultaneously dropping her center of gravity and forcing her hips back to break the balance of the girl still clutching her from behind. Knocking Madison's center of gravity high, it seemed for a moment she might flip her right on over her back. The battered delinquent however had a better plan, further leaning down and reaching between her own knees. Her arms had slipped beneath Madison's grasp and were free to latch on to the bigger girl's upper right ankle in both diminutive hands. With the girl's weight mostly held for the moment on her back, she was able to easily yank the captured leg forward, raising it until she was straddling the limb like a witch riding a broom. So sudden was the sweep that Mei and Natalie were still blinking stupidly when Izumi dropped backward onto the ground still holding the leg high by the lower calf, coming down with all her weight on her butt onto the now extended knee.

Mei and Natalie finally were broken from their shocked trance, as much by the hideous crunch of their leader's knee joint bending in a direction completely different from the way it was built to, but the inevitable rusty screech of agony from Madison's mouth only rattled them in an unconstructive way. They hesitated when Izumi leaped quickly up and released the injured leg, hands now free to send a rapid barrage of repeated lefts onto the suddenly recoiling Mei's chin, causing the girl to begin drunkenly leaning to the left. Once that leftward fading pattern was installed, Izumi followed it with the right at last, a headhunter's cross that crashed into the off balance girl's nose like a runaway satellite.

Natalie, at last recovering enough to take action stepped forward and spun Izumi around by the shoulder; one hand grasping the small yanki by the front of her uniform top. Moving into her rather than trying to tear away, Izumi's now blood grimed hand immediately fell over top of the hand wound in her blouse, fingers hooking into the thumb and rolling the whole wrist toward her opponent's weak side.

"Oh no you don't.. what a bad idea!" the delinquent crooned as she kept pressure on the wristlock, bulling her way forward and keeping her footwork inside so that Natalie could never recover her balance and try to escape. The former attacker whimpered, not even really aware of the subtle way this hoodlum judoka was leading and timing her footsteps until the moment Izumi's foot sped to hook behind her knee at the opportune moment in their little dance, shoulder shoving forward and down to propel the girl into the sweep more effectively. Wincing at the sound of her opponent's head bouncing off the hard ground, she looked suddenly pensive. Paying no attention to Mei who was now fleeing with both hands plastered over her pouring nostrils,the prone and unconscious Natalie was the subject of her attention. "Huh, wonder what that felt like.." she mused, contemplatively pressing fingertips into her own aching jaw to test the extent of injury.

Madison had lost all interest in the further details of the fight, spending the few decisive moments of it clutching her already swelling knee. Gritting teeth at the overcast sky, just enough ordered thought was left to her to reach an almost bemused understanding that her basketball playing days had just come to a sudden conclusion. Eyes sought and settled on the distant building that housed the infirmary and she'd managed to get her hands and uninjured leg under her when Izumi stepped along beside her.
"Trying to get up, sweetheart?" Izumi crooned, following along her dragging pace on light skipping steps as she swiped blood away from her own pouring nose with the back of her hand. "Leg doesn't look so good. You prob'ly should rest" With those words, she brought up a foot and stomped down on the helpless Madison's hand causing the girl to flop over onto her back clutching the hurt fingers to her chest with a sad and indignant squawk of pain that brought a sympathetic groan from the line of spectators. That groan reached Izumi's ears, and deciding that some of them might intervene if she conjured too much more vengeance. Not gracing any of the watchers with a look, she began moving away from the wreckage she'd left and trudged along to the dorms. The high of the sadistic catharsis was wearing off, and like any hard fighting Rodent she needed find a dark and warm place to curl up for a while and nurse her wounds.
Izumi Takamine
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Izumi Takamine »

-Rats in the Walls-

A school as nice as St. Mary's was far too well policed and clean to suffer a rodent infestation, but lately it had at least one rodent roaming the quiet halls after lights out. Izumi had already shown some aptitude at sneaking back onto the grounds after curfew, and after learning that trick moving around the dorm building undetected was a pretty straightforward task.

Tonight was such a night, Terry having dropped her off only a few hours previous. The infiltration had gone without a hitch, and a night out had her in fine spirits in spite of the soreness and bruises left from her fight. Fun was fun, and now there was work to do. The previous afternoon when sneaking into the infirmary to raid for bandages and sterile gauze, she had overheard a certain injured student relaying a plot to have Terry attacked off school grounds. It had taken Izumi about twenty minutes to learn who Riley was and where she slept, and it was toward the girl's room she crept now.

Although confident in her ratty abilities, she was dressed for the job. A black nylon rain coat's hood covered her hair, and a blue surgical mask concealed her features against any potential identification. Over her shoulder she carried a threadbare old musette bag. Once inside the room she paused, allowing eyes to adjust to the gloom until the weak light through the curtains was sufficient to her eyes to continue.

The delinquent stood in the center of the space for a moment, staring at the human shaped lump in the one occupied bed and listening to the sound of Riley's roommate still fast asleep. Satisfied that the metered breathing was genuine and that the unseen girl under the blankets was not faking - Izumi ventured toward the vacant bed that her target occupied when not resting in the infirmary. She moved slowly, a shadow shape with eyes glistening in the faint light. At the side of the bed she knelt at a footlocker, her diminutive hands drawing her tools from a pocket of the raincoat. The lock was just a gimmicky privacy sort of affair, and she had it unclasped in moments and the lid of the container raised.

Now the old and well used musette bag silently laid on the floor, propped against the open locker. Working the strap on it free, the quiet infiltrator began transferring it's contents into the midst of Riley's personal things. An absolute alphabet soup of medications was soon neatly resting within, tablets and capsules and suspensions of every color in the rainbow. Each variety was bundled in it's own organized plastic baggie, more than two dozen different kinds in all and each bulging full of highly dangerous mind altering pharmaceuticals. Some of these were so dangerous that they hadn't been available on the market in the city or any other medically enlightened place in decades, stamped with foreign manufacturer's marks that would turn this stash into evidence of organized conspiracy.

Putting the finishing touches, Izumi arranged some of the absent girl's personal odds and ends over the deposited hoard to give the impression of a token effort at concealment before closing the lid and replacing the dinky lock. Standing to leave, she froze when the roommate turned over in bed and remained stock still until the breathing had resumed it's shallow slow cadence. Finally slipping free, she closed the door with great care behind her and struck off down the hall. The now empty bag she carried would be dumped in the incinerator on her way to make a well timed anonymous tip to the staff.

Work nearly finished, the girl behind the mask yawned. Sunrise was getting closer and closer, and it would be a long day siting in class with short supply of sleep. Still, the bruised eyes peering over the border of her disguise had a glitter of satisfaction at work finished well.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

A continuation of Rats in the Walls. This post takes place the night after.

"What's with all the red and blue?" complained Jia as she brushed away her see-through pink curtains. The flashing lights coming from outside had been bright enough to catch the attention of many; she could even hear the loud gossip in the hallways. The girl took a peek outside of her window. Unable to spot anything of interest just yet, she'd unlock and force that window open so she could lean out from it. "Hey! Kiki, check it out!" Jia said as she ducked her head back inside.

Kiyomi had already been up and waiting for own turn. A well placed palm against the head of the other girl, along with a shove, had given her the needed space to peek through the window and witness what was going on. ".. Looks like someone f*cked up." she said while leaning forward more. A few movements caught her attention, along with a yell "Hey! Kiyomi!" said the waving girl looking up from the window one floor below. Kiyomi recognized the girl as one of the first years of the high school block who had only recently transferred to St. Mary's.

"What's going on? Did someone get hurt?" Kiyomi's statement could be laughable. When did someone not get hurt in this school? A place where fists do much of the talking over verbal debate.

The younger girl. Jasmine, or Jazzy for short to the girls in her own year, called out once more. "Riley got arrested!" This caught Kiyomi off guard. Was it because of what she did to Kiki? Usually St. Mary's kept to themselves. The privately owned school only answered to those who sent in donations; the higher the money the more sway you had. Things were kept hush-hush for a reason.

"What for?" Kiyomi said in her search for answers. The response didn't come from Jasmine; it instead came from her right. Jia had been going through a more faster source of information -- the gossip queens of the school. If those two didn't know the answer, no one did; and like always - they knew exactly what was going on.

"Looks like she's being arrested for drugs. Like, she had a TON of them in her room too.. Wow, never thought she'd be the type. Well, never thought she'd be the type to try a takeover of the student council.. sooooo.." Jia couldn't help but giggle at this. "Isn't this funny? It's totally a plant job, it had to be." Jia turned to the third and final girl that sat within the room.

Misty. Who had been looking rather calm right now even with the flashing red and blue outside.

"Your girls did this, huh?" said Jia as she rose up and moved over to poke and prod at poor Misty. She even invaded her personal space by attempting to sit in her lap. A calm shove of a hand toppled Jia over. Misty then used this same hand to press index and middle against a rubbing thumb. This gesture was something Kiyomi caught, she'd nod before responding. "Yeah.. That's a waste of money, isn't it?" Kiyomi then shrugged her shoulders and continued. "She wanted to become the new Queen. Maybe she was trying to get the tweakers on her side too?" She looked to Misty in an attempt to gauge her reaction; she'd get just that with a simple shrug from the quiet girl.

"HA.. SHE'S CRYING LIKE A LITTLE B*TCH!" The sound came from the outside window, along with a lot more shouting. "AWW! YOUR DADDY CAN'T SAVE YOU NOW!"

"Look on the bright side! She's gone, so her little party will break apart too. More recruits for the culture club, hmm?" Jia puckered her lips cutely in Kiyomi's direction, then turned to look back out the window. She then said, "Mice scurry from a sinking ship. That's what my grandpa always told me."

"Yeah," Kiyomi started as she sat down on Jia's fluffy pink blanket covered bed. "Maybe things'll be more calmer now."

Elsewhere...

Microwavable macaroni and cheese, a small pack of beer, a few carton of smokes and right now? Eyeing the icecream aisle. Terry stood there perusing the different types of frozen goods. She wanted to try out something new; though cookies 'n cream would always be the best in her eyes. Funky Monkey looked nice. Little bits of peanutbutter mixed with tiny chocolate monkeys and milk balls? That's right up her alley. The chill of frosty air met her as she opened the glass door. She reached to grab, but something caught the corner of her eye.

A walking woman. A wobbling one more like it. This brought a smirk to Terry's face. She's probably drunk.. she thought. What else could it be? This time of night? Had to be drunk. She'd ignore the woman for now and look back to that Funkey Monkey icecream. The tub grabbed and dropped into the small basket with the rest of those items. Terry turned away, allowing the glass and metal door to close on its own. As she turned, she felt a sudden knock against her chest. The staggering woman had fallen against her.

"Hey," Terry began. Her first instinct had been to help the woman stand back up -- but what happened next tensed her instead. The sharp feeling of a blade pressing into her stomach. She knew the feeling well enough, she had fought in the Arena for a few years after all. Shock had been her first reaction; and shock alone seemed to absorb much of the pain before realization hit in. The basket dropped in that instant and her eyes focused in on the woman that had been pressed against her.

A young face. One she had seen a few times around St. Mary's. She didn't know the girls name, but she recognized her enough. The face she recalled that had been smiling and joking looked the complete opposite as of now. Fear had over taken it, along with a touch of sorrow; a realization of what she had just done. Terry took hold of her shoulder in a tight grasp and tried to form words. "Why..?", would be all that left her lips before the heated pain of that knife being removed from her stomach cut her off.

Terry grasped at her stomach. Without the support of that shoulder she fell to her shaking knees. The girl backed away in her own moment of shock, then dropped the knife and turned in a hurry to run away.

Blood pooled from between Terry's hand as he pressed roughly to her open wound. "Help.." It's all she could do. Her voice choked in her throat as strength began leaving her. Teeth began gritting as she took in a sharp breath, enough to cause another sharp pain to surge throughout her body. She fell then, no longer able to keep to her knees. Her body writhed some seconds before curling. Shaken breaths all throughout.

"Help..!" She called out again. Someone must have taken notice of the girls sudden departure from the aisle, as Terry - though her vision blurred - could see someone moving toward her with rushed steps.

"Hold on!" The voice said. "Someone call an ambulance!" Terry tried to do that, but her eyes felt far too heavy. "Stay with me, no--" The voice cut off as Terry could feel herself being shaken, but even that had started to become numb as time passed.

I don't want to die.. is all she could think.
Izumi Takamine
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Izumi Takamine »

-This Quiet Interlude-

After the bell had chimed the dismissal of the last class of the day the hallways were the usual semi-orderly buzz. A barely contained hive sound as some girls moved toward the dorms or toward club activities at a relatively leisurely clip. Izumi had no reason to be in a particular hurry either, but she found herself winding through the groups of slower moving students at a quicker pace. Today, though her uniform was squared away in her typical tidy manner, the delinquent seemed a little frazzled. The small hands had a little tremble, eyes bloodshot in evidence of a shortfall of sleep.

The doors to the library were coming up as she turned from the landing, and on impulse she shifted direction and passed through the heavy door into the welcome quiet inside. Still between terms, the room was nearly deserted even at a high demand hour, and Izumi spotted only a few girls working at computers as her uniform loafers mutedly carried her from the doorway to the center of the room. She dropped her messenger bag down on the clean expanse of a work table and soon was finding herself much more content and calm in the peaceful atmosphere, idly browsing the aisles to look for something to read The more popular sections passed by, and Izumi was into the seldom used aisles with the texts on local history. When the girl's eyes fell on a large and heavy looking reference with an unusual looking binding that caught her gaze; her diminutive hand rose to claim it from the shelf. One quick glance back, and they'd narrowed down in curiosity, having spotted something in the void behind the volumes revealed by the book's absence.

It took a moment to rearrange things so that she could reach the object that she'd spied, caught by a faint gleam on something plastic. Once she had it in hand she looked it over. A video tape, one without label or any other means of identification. Izumi's lips turned up in a wistful smile. Even at her previous school, she'd heard of students occasionally leaving tapes behind when they were bound for graduation or otherwise going away, sometimes not found until years later. Her smile broadened as she recalled the scandal of one such video discovered that contained clandestine footage from the restroom stalls. Now amused, and a little curious she replaced the book and took the tape in hand. After grabbing her bag and securing access to an unused media room; she sat and toggled the button to turn on the player. A hand hovered near the switch - if this one looked like a creepy cursed tape, or toilet footage she had no intention of watching; but soon she slouched forward with her chin resting on palms of her hands as the tape began it's playback; the light from the display screen reflecting on the dark eyes that observed it.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Jagged tape tear filled the screen with a rainbow of colors and distorted film. A pair of frantic feet could be seen with a few scattered words here and there from whomever was out of breath, running up a fleet of stairs after another.

"Yeah, I heard -gasps- that they're on the roof!" The girl's high pitch voice was heard with the scuffing shoes in the stairwell.

Behind her a few more pairs could be heard screeching against the clean tiles with some scattered voices echoing.

The device must have been cumbersome since it was rarely keeping the frame in focus or within a discernible shot. With a loud bang the door to the roof was shot open and the camera girl took a second or two to zoom in on what the ruckus was about. A short blonde haired girl who was bleeding from her nose was standing over a taller upperclassman. Her fists were bloody and the knuckles looked raw and she could be seen struggling to keep her breaths in check.

A ring of spectators had formed around the two and before anyone could scream over the meshing voices and murmurs a third girl approached. She was an upperclassman as well but differed by the other two in one way: she had a nasty piece of work wrapped around her fist and drove right into the smaller blonde's temple in a cheap shot.

From that point a few of the teachers could be seen rushing into the brawl to separate the delinquents from the ruckus. As the bodies became mangled in some bizarre coalescing blob of limbs and voices, the camera girl got a little daring and decided to scoot closer. What she could see once the people all formed a dome over one another would be the seed to a long lasting tradition. The smaller blonde girl was ontop of the one who took the dirty cheap shot. Her temple was bleeding like her nose and her nuckles, but she was on top. She was beating the girl's face over and over and over again until it began to look like a ruined piece of grape fruit. The girl holding the camera with one hand reached out to stop the assault, grabbing the blonde girl by the wrist. Instantly she looked over with a fierce, primal glare in her eyes. A deep violet, something surreal and too out of place to be natural gave the camera a ferocious, feral warning. The grip was let go as the blonde girl got ripped off by the teachers who had been incapacitated a moment earlier.

The camera girl began brushing herself off while the shorter blonde was being escorted towards the steps and away. The audio was jumbled with concerned classmates checking on the elder two, which briefly caught the attention of the camera girl.

"What's your name?!" The agitated teacher could be heard growling.

The camera panned back to the bloodied girl who was staring at the lens as she was being tugged along by her collar. Over her shoulder she remained with that vicious glare that would pierce a spine like a scalpel.

"Call me Queen." She said as she spit blood onto the roof before disappearing back down the steps.

"That's one hell of a freshman." A voice could be heard from the side.

The tape soon went black.

Return to “Adventures in Wonderland”